Erik24

Just Trash Now

I have been playing the game for a few months now and loved the whole survival type of game where you can run-n-gun, wait for the crate, or wait until people leave the map and pick up scraps.

The new with 1.2 updates simply trashed the whole game has turned into a run and shoot everyone and run out ASAP before the radiation kills you instantly.

Why are game devs so scared to just be their own game and always just try to copy other games like Fortnite? I will assume these changes are all profit-driven to just push people in and out of matches quickly and drain their resources, so they have to actually buy a game pass even to play at all.

What a damn shame it was the only game I loved since it was different. Uninstalling is my only option now!

• Like 1

Agreed. Only been playing for a couple months but I really enjoyed this game. I've never really cared about or really understood a lot of the technical stuff people like to complain about. I care about how a game feels. I loved the whole "different ways to play" thing. Funny, I'm pretty sure they even touted that aspect somewhere. All I really felt this game needed was more to do in and out of encounters. Being able to play at my own pace was really nice. This update has made the way I play impossible.

It was a fluke I even found this game at all. I downloaded it on a whim because a nephew (that never even played one match with me) wanted me to. I've always been a "find a game I like and play the crap out of it" kinda' guy. And at my age I'm now even more like that. If I had first played this game after this update I would have deleted it the same day.

• Like 2

I don't think your on your own chaps. A lot of long time players are unhappy with the direction of the game.

You are spot on with your assessments, BI are not too concerned with providing player satisfaction, but with increasing income.

It is a shame because as you both say, the old format suited players of all styles and allowed for a variety of tactics. Now it's fast becoming a bog standard looter shooter.

Sure, it will make BI some money, but the longevity of the game has been severly impacted, and due to the changes in 1.2.

Players will lose interest a lot sooner as progress will be a lot slower unless you stump up cash.

Only yesterday my eldest grandson was mithering the life out of me justifying the expense of me buying him the lastest fortnite Battlepass. A vision of the future. Welcome to Vignite!

• Like 1

Damn I really agree with all this.i enjoyed the silent matches, and the less issues with campers and Box watches. It's so much more problematic on the small maps too, you'll almost always run into a killer. Not to mention the battle pass is far too difficult to level up, and you don't gain any experience if your die, aside from kills

• Like 1

I’m tired of not enough loot anymore. There use to be ok loot and now there isn’t near enough to do anything with. I will be lucky enough to upgrade my shelter in 6 months. Also I think if your in the count down your health shouldn’t go down. I can’t tell you how many times since the update I have died in exit because of the radiation and I was counting down and I was at 1 second to go. The game is really discouraging to play and if they don’t fix it I’m sure they will have less and less players. I did spend the 900 crowns but I really hope I get them back by the end. Also I think you should get XP even though you die or your never going to get to 50 and yet again people are going to get discouraged and mad at the game and not play anymore. 

• Thanks 1

well said Erik24.

to me what made vigor good was sound. its gone.. if you meet a killer he can take you down easy wich way suits him/her without risk.. I miss punishing their hunger for cheap blood. lol 

All in all I think we can safely say that although players who enjoy a certain style of play, do enjoy the new attributes of Vignite, myself and many others do not.

As with previous negative feedback from the player base, the executive in charge will not be taking much notice. It's abundantly obvious that his or her focus is to create more income from the game. And if that means upsetting and possibly losing a percentage of the player base, then so be it.

I have adapted my gameplay to the new conditions, but in doing so find that my enjoyment of the game has diminished considerably. So much so in fact that after only several encounters I am leaving Vignite and starting new adventures in the wasteland or in the Moscow underground. Even finding as much enjoyment in the last incarnation of Mass Effect, and if nothing else, that last comment only goes to show how much my enjoyment of Vignite has fallen.

I will still visit and donate my food as I do enjoy opening crates, but I won't be around as much as I look for another title that deserves my time and effort.

Oldninja - I feel our play styles are similar and too our time in Vigor. Like you, and many others, I've had to adapt the way I play resulting in a less enjoyable experience. When I had time I'd spend hours playing games back to back, even if I was on a bad run I'd still dust myself off and go again. Since the update I rarely play more than two games in a row, usually just logging in to get my resources and donating food.

I'm not totally giving up just yet as I feel there's so much potential here as long as they stay away from the Fortnite / PUBG approach. For me the next update is huge. Not for what they can add or change, but if they take the communities feedback on board. They may not have time to fix/change some of the issues by the next update but they can show the community that they're listening and working towards making the game the community wants.

I personally love where the game is heading. Especially with the loot theme, you need to have new kind of loot, new ways to get loot, new ways to kill and strategize, new challenges otherwise it can get boring after a while. That's what makes it fun. 

The battle pass for me is something to grind for. I'm pretty much all done with the upgrades on the shelter and it started getting aimless as I've got almost every attainable thing in the game and there was no longer a goal. 

I don't see the stealthiness being taken away at all. Keep in mind that it's not just the game that's changing but also the players who play it, and everyone needs to adapt to that the way they best think it fit. 

You don't have to spend a whole bunch of money if you don't want to. But for people that care about the skins and looks and what not why not to offer them something as well. 

Hi Matyas,

I appreciate your comments. As I mentioned above, some do like 1.2, some don't.

Your exactly right when you say it's not just the game that's changing, but the players who play it.

It use to be a grown ups game, no offence meant, but it's heading in the direction of all the other looted shooters out there.

I've mentioned it before, and I'll touch on it again. Skins! Running around in a Hazmat suit? Come on. What's next a teddy bear outfit? Maybe in 1.3 we'll get an axe to chop down the numerous trees and build defences. And why not leave a few quad bikes around the place to help outlanders get to the exit a little quicker.

Hence my new name for it, Vignite.

Would be interesting to see a hazmat suit that actually lets you survive the radiation wave a wee bit longer. Needs to be crafted and made available to all without pay to win. Just an idea.

Fine idea tartan, but with the latest tweak I am a very happy to say that we should not need it.

So happy in fact, that I am strongly considering buying some crowns to celebrate !!!

I am quite frankly amazed, but very thankful that BI have taken on board outlanders comments.

Long live Vigor...

• Like 1

Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not oldninja! ha, if not, am curious to the tweaks you speak of!

My personal gripes with the current version that need to be changed to make it work for everyone are radiation speed, which I think we need to go back to the old speed of radiation but have the radiation wave be more random, as the wave always starts furthest from the air drop. Would be nice to see air drop at top of map with radiation also starting up top...

accessibility to high tier weapons too easily obtained, this should be common sense quit making the adr or guns like it the easiest to get..

On a side note, even challenges have been reduced to nothing. Most challenges are very much not worth any effort at all.

A. Using 5 painkillers isn't really a "challenge"..

B. Getting 2 fuel, 10 broken glass and 1,000 materials for it isn't a reward..

P.s. it is a bit sad to me that this official vigor forum doesn't get any responses from any devs, but the twitter does, leads me to believe that it may be part of the problem..

Genuine comments HomemadeG. Main change slower radiation (by 1/4), starting one minute later in the encounter.

Other changes listed in the Announcements section.

Much more playable now in my view.

9 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Hi Matyas,

I appreciate your comments. As I mentioned above, some do like 1.2, some don't.

Your exactly right when you say it's not just the game that's changing, but the players who play it.

It use to be a grown ups game, no offence meant, but it's heading in the direction of all the other looted shooters out there.

I've mentioned it before, and I'll touch on it again. Skins! Running around in a Hazmat suit? Come on. What's next a teddy bear outfit? Maybe in 1.3 we'll get an axe to chop down the numerous trees and build defences. And why not leave a few quad bikes around the place to help outlanders get to the exit a little quicker.

Hence my new name for it, Vignite.

By skins I meant the clothes, hats and weapon skins. I think the hazmat suit is still pretty faithful to the realistic storyline. Now the teddy bear stuff and what not would be quite ridiculous but I don't think they are going to go that direction. The only thing I can see out of line is the santa sleigh and wrapped gift loot boxes, but even that I can just account to a humorous celebration of Christmas. I doubt and hope as well that stuff like this won't be around the rest of the year. 

I actually wish the game would be more realistic like Escape from Tarkov, and since that's not on Xbox, I'm happy to have this and I too hope it won't take some childish direction. 

I just don't see that being a threat just yet. 

I agree with HomemadeG, that there needs to be a solution for having so many high tier guns in the game, in almost every game with an ADR. 

I also wish there would be more communication on these forums from the devs. At least some responses about their vision with the game that people could understand and follow. 

Also just some clearer details on what they mean by saying things on the change log like "nerfed some sniping rifles".

dude it's just a free loot and shoot game if you don't like game then just get rid of it it and don't play it again that's all I have to say