8JkcAuE.png

Revolution is a next generation, fast-paced, open source gamemode

and framework for Life type roleplaying missions in Arma 3. 

9Q0sVm8.jpg

---

Revolution as a gamemode has been inspired by Chernarus Life: Revolution gamemode from Arma 2. Revolution started in 2012 as a passion project of a couple of Finnish Arma players who had fallen in love with the gamemode and essentially dedicated their whole free time to it, enjoying it vastly. As rookie developers, they failed to deliver such a complex and large framework, leading to their competitor, Altis Life eventually conquering the Armaverse in 2014. The developer team still wanted to deliver a vastly different experience from Altis Life that would remind the relatively fast paced and completely dynamic nature of Chernarus Life: Revolution or Urban Life in Takistan back in the Arma 2 days. They tried to develop the framework multiple times, but all attempts failed due to monetary constraints, issues with developer group dynamics, health issues or real life events that forced us to quit our passion project.

---

9rNd3OU.jpg

---

This time it's different. We've learned from our previous mistakes each time, and we're able to deliver the gamemode much more likely this time thanks to the gained experience.

---

j4bmWtD.jpg

---

We want to share the amazing feeling and memorable moments that we had in Chernarus Life: Revolution with as many players as possible. That's why we've decided to make the framework open source and allow monetization of the framework for communities approved on Bohemia's Server Monetization list to allow communities to pay their bills to run the community efficiently.

---

nPrHKG2.jpg

---

If you're interested in the gamemode and want to affect its development or just to follow our progress, make sure to join our official Discord!

---

0kNY7Li.jpg

---

Best regards,

Ezcoo

Revolution Developer

• Thanks 3

Hm, something sounds strange about this. And in most of such cases, when money is involved it goes south rather fast..

On 12/14/2019 at 7:11 AM, Ezcoo said:

The Creator DLC program as our ultimate goal offers us a monetary incentive to justify the endless hours being spent in the development of the framework.

That's why we've decided to make the framework open source

And indeed here it is https://github.com/Ezcoo/Arma3Revolution

But...

Creator DLC are either completely new projects or existing projects that can scale up due to being published as DLC. However, it will never replace something which was previously free.

If its already open source, and freely available, how do you want to turn that into a payment-only creator dlc?

Also creator DLC has to have singleplayer content too, because multiplayer missions are not supported by BI's content licensing system.

So did I get this right? You are trying to propose a already open-source, freely downloadable multiplayer mission framework, as a CDLC which requires singleplayer content that wasn't previously freely available?

How do you plan to make that work?

Revolution as a gamemode is inspired by Chernarus Life: Revolution gamemode from Arma 2.

Uh.. quote from forum thread about CL:R

CL:R is an illegal modified version of Sahrani Life (SL), so every modified CL:R is illegal as well. The CL Code is not available.

Seems lifers stealing other peoples stuff was already a thing 9 years ago.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, Dedmen said:

And indeed here it is https://github.com/Ezcoo/Arma3Revolution

But...

If its already open source, and freely available, how do you want to turn that into a payment-only creator dlc?

Also creator DLC has to have singleplayer content too, because multiplayer missions are not supported by BI's content licensing system.

So did I get this right? You are trying to propose a already open-source, freely downloadable multiplayer mission framework, as a CDLC which requires singleplayer content that wasn't previously freely available?

How do you plan to make that work?

Uh.. quote from forum thread about CL:R

Seems lifers stealing other peoples stuff was already a thing 9 years ago.

Actually the GitHub link you posted points to the wrong repository. I made it private to avoid confusion. That repository contains our old "The Altisians" project that never reached the state we wanted it to.

The framework and gamemode serves as a testbed for us to see whether there's potential in the gamemode or not. If there is, we plan to apply to Creator DLC program and create a full blown DLC with various kinds of content based on the gamemode.

Yes. Chernarus Life: Revolution has a dark history, but we weren't aware of that when I discovered the gamemode back in 2011 and made friends with so many people on the server. I've never had such a fun time in any game than what I had in CLR! That inspired us to create an enhanced version of the gamemode from scratch so that we have the right to use every line of the code. The basic idea of the gamemode reminds from CLR, but the code is written from scratch.

Hope this cleared things out! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VariousArtist said:

Hm, something sounds strange about this. And in most of such cases, when money is involved it goes south rather fast..

Hey, see my reply to Dedmen above :)

-

Edited by Ezcoo
deprecated link

-

Edited by Ezcoo
deprecated link

Also, just to clarify it, we gave up on the Creator DLC program as the local public sector funding failed in our case. Revolution will be open source framework for everyone to learn from and utilize!

• Like 1

This really resonated with me. I used to play Chernarus Life for hours upon hours,

but there's something missing in Altis Life. It just didn't click for me.

11 hours ago, fin_soldier said:

This really resonated with me. I used to play Chernarus Life for hours upon hours,

but there's something missing in Altis Life. It just didn't click for me.

I've had the same feeling all the time. Altis Life is a nice mission for those who're more after "Arma 3 style" Life, but we as old farts from Arma 2 need something special to get our kicks from the gameplay 😛

Chernarus Life: Revolution has been our deep inspiration from the beginning. If everything succeeds, this mission should be like CL:R on steroids. 😉

-

Edited by Ezcoo
deprecated link

Hi!

Now that I got my chronic migraine and a couple of other health issues in control, I ended up getting back to development and choosing to continue this PITA (😁) project instead of continuing learning full stack development. I know I'll regret this decision so many times in future, but I really want to get this done.

So; welcome onboard, gents and ladies! 😄

(In case of you didn't notice it yet, here's the Discord link: https://discord.gg/AQxWfbA)

• Like 2