Sign in to follow this  
Kuljack

Reduce Radiation wave...

I was pro this update and even the radiation wave until a run on bridges.

Radiation hits and I’m in the middle of the map... it’s a big map too. 1 second later I’m in the radiation zone.

I went back for the crate but couldn’t make it extraction. I had an easy run to make but no time, that’s ridiculous. The crate only dropped moments ago.

• Like 2

As I tried to explain, once the timer goes off you have around 2 minutes to get off the map. 

Tested Grontheim yesterday and these are the timings:-

Airdrop warning - 8 minutes

Airdrop lands - 8m 55sec

Radiation timer - 12 min

Map completely saturated in radiation - 14 min (previously 19)

If you haven't managed to secure the crate before the timer goes off, don't bother. I managed to just get off with a crate (and an otherwise empty inventory) by using the above timings, and getting the crate 30 seconds before the timer went off. If I'd had a full inventory the chasing outlander or the radiation would have killed me.

I watched 3 more encounters from the safety of a downwind exit (not camping, testing) after that and each crate carrier died through radiation. 

Did a quick test on Victorsen. The only difference is the timer goes off after 11 mins, map saturated after 13 mins.

I know we'll adapt, but I'm afraid having less time spoils the fun for me.

Revised timings for Grontheim.

Airdrop lands - 8 m 50 secs

Radiation timer - 11 mins

Map saturated - 12 m 40 secs

Death if not off map - @14 m 10 secs

Just watched another crate carrier perish.

Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE ive talked to about the radiation HATES it after the update. It seemed pretty unanimous between everybody they would prefer slower and weaker radiation than even before the update but they went the opposite direction of what their player base wants. 

After the latest update personally i find the game unplayable due to the clip board blocking your crosshairs and obstructing your main field of view. I wont be playing the game for a few weeks to give them time to work it out.

• Like 2

By my timing, depending on the map, once the radiation starts to encroach on the map you have between 1 and 1 1/2 minutes before complete saturation! I’ve died three times today with the crate. The radiation definitely needs to be scaled back!! I don’t understand what was wrong with the way it was before? Now people are camping exits even more than before. I like everything else they have done with this update ( there’s still annoying bugs though), but they need to adjust the radiation. Period.

As an added note, this morning I was playing on Dverg. I was looting at the yellow farmhouse on the bottom right of the map, the radiation clicker started and the radiation was coming from the top right of the map. I was about three quarters full of loot, so I started for the exit directly at the bottom. Just as I arrived at the exit and the 10 second countdown started my screen went fuzzy and I started receiving radiation damage. I made no stops in between, I ran directly to the exit. The wave is wayyyy too fast!!! If this is not fixed it will ruin the game. Devs please take note and fix ASAP!!

Count this as a real test..Im' sure the devs will fix the wave very soon. They already stated that it will be toned down somewhere in between 1.1 and 1.2 levels. Until then try to remain positive and deal with this new metagame tryin' not to lose valuable weapons or loot. 

• Like 1