Sign in to follow this  
furia

Customized names for characters

I am creating a map when it would be very important to be able to customize the charater names so while on MP set up where players choose their character ie. Alpha red Machinnergunner, he can choose lets say.. ie Smith or LT Smith.

I know how to rename characters but so far I can unly use this "Alpha Red" "Delta Blue" codes.

Any idea of how changing that?

The whole map concept is heavily linked to this solution.

Any help would be most welcome Thank you.

smile.gif

What is the scenario? You may not need to have those custom names.

BTW your sig is too big. Gott be at most 100 pixels in height.

Thx for your answer.

We are one large squad and we use to do our own custom maps. I would like to create a map where all our soldiers can select their names on the avalaible roster that is shown on Multiplayer Setup screen. That means that when preparing for am MP game and while on Multiplayer Setup screen the select team and inside the team they can select their name.

So as example, instead the first character being. Group Alpha Black. 1 Officer (handgun) Group leader, they find something like

Group 1st Battalion. 1 Furia Group Leader.

I know that after I select a character, my name is despicted on roster, but my need is to customize roster before players select characters so they know exactly what possition they must select. So the soldier Smith that see that charater 3 says Smith instead Law soldier, selects this character.

This is intended for a squad mapswere we do have fixed members and could be very convenient to customize this option.

Any help is welcome.

btw. I take note about the signature size, I'll try to fix that Thx smile.gif

Whats the point of having that custom name? If you're on MP, then just make sure everyone in your squad knows what slot to take. smile.gif

long dialogue for a short answer:

names of units in select mission screen can not be changed.