RCA3

C.A.S.T. Combat Animations Speed Tweak

14 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Changelog:

v1.4 - Changed: replaced prone sprinting by prone running: unarmed, pistol and rifle (a la Arma 2).

Changed: replaced kneel sprinting with rifle by kneel running with rifle lowered (a la Arma 2).

can you show as the difference in another video = )

• Like 1

Hey @AirShark, thanks for the input.

I'll show you on the same video if you don't mind:

Replaced 1:55 with 1:28 and 2:55 with 2:33.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Changelog:

v1.4.1 - Changed: kneel sprinting reverted to v1.3.1 (with default animation).

Changed: kneel running raised replaced by kneel running lowered.

Tweaked: kneel tactical raised is faster.

- -

I realized that the animation I wanted to replace was not the kneel sprinting but the kneel running with rifle raised, so I replaced that back and this one was replaced with kneel running rifle lowered.

The sprinting can be easily replaced again if everyone thinks it's ugly, I personally think I grew accustomed to it, and also helps differentiate sprinting/running on your mind. I gave it a little boost but still plays some tricks on your head.

Now, when you start running kneeling with the rifle raised, auto-lowers it, but switches to raised on walk/stop:

Here's the new AI running kneeling 😁:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Changelog:

v1.5 - Changed: reverted back to C.A.S.T. rifle running (front-left-right-backwards) (lowered-raised) as in previous to v1.3.

Tweaked: walking kneeling with rifle raised -0.20km/h. Vanilla speed.

Tweaked: tactical kneeling raised was slowed down to vanilla (maybe -0.10km/h).

Tweaked: tactical running standing raised +0.10km/h.

Tweaked: unarmed running and sprinting faster 1km/h.

Added: no idle animations for player, kneeling and standing.

Added: no idle animations for AI, kneeling and standing.

Updated: ACE3 Compatibility Patch v1.4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello, 

if I may, 

I suggest removing "no idle anims" changes from both PBO's, because: 
- ACE has it's own Idle Anim removal and some crews remove that .pbo (for immersion, so the soldiers aren't lifeless dolls) 

- not everybody wants those changes (same reason as with ACE one), I suggest making another optional .pbo for the non-ace version that removes the (Player and AI) Idle anims 

Other changes I'd suggest after watching the video and seeing the changelog on Armaholic: 

- make Tactical Pace (aka jog with weapon in firing position) speed change an optional .pbo too, because that heavily impacts CQB and gameplay in general, esp. in PvP and also because original is IMO realistic: 

- keep original "sprint" fastcrawl of ArmA3, it's very realistic in my opinion, such speed is achievable IRL (haven't seen the A2 version yet and I don't really remember how it looked) or make changes optional 

That's it, otherwise great job 

Hi,

Those are all valid suggestions, i'll try and implement them all. IIRC A2 sprint prone was inexistent.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers.

Changelog:

v1.5.1 - Added: optional vanilla_idle_anims.pbo.

Added: optional vanilla_prone_sprint.pbo.

Added: optional vanilla_tactical_jog.pbo.

Added: no idle animations for player and AI, prone.

Added: no idle animations for player and AI, pistol.

• Like 1

Changelog:

v1.5.2 - Added: running standing with rifle raised replaced by running standing with rifle lowered, player and AI.

Added: replaced prone sprinting with binoculars by prone running with binoculars.

Added: binoculars prone front right walk and run vanilla was too slow.

Added: launcher walking standing/crouching left/right/backwards vanilla was too slow.

Added: no idle kneeling with launcher.

Added: optional cast_running_rifle_raised.pbo.

• Like 1