RCA3

Combat Animations Speed Tweak

14 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Changelog:

v1.4 - Changed: replaced prone sprinting by prone running: unarmed, pistol and rifle (a la Arma 2).

Changed: replaced kneel sprinting with rifle by kneel running with rifle lowered (a la Arma 2).

can you show as the difference in another video = )

• Like 1

Hey @AirShark, thanks for the input.

I'll show you on the same video if you don't mind:

Replaced 1:55 with 1:28 and 2:55 with 2:33.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Changelog:

v1.4.1 - Changed: kneel sprinting reverted to v1.3.1 (with default animation).

Changed: kneel running raised replaced by kneel running lowered.

Tweaked: kneel tactical raised is faster.

- -

I realized that the animation I wanted to replace was not the kneel sprinting but the kneel running with rifle raised, so I replaced that back and this one was replaced with kneel running rifle lowered.

The sprinting can be easily replaced again if everyone thinks it's ugly, I personally think I grew accustomed to it, and also helps differentiate sprinting/running on your mind. I gave it a little boost but still plays some tricks on your head.

Now, when you start running kneeling with the rifle raised, auto-lowers it, but switches to raised on walk/stop:

Here's the new AI running kneeling 😁:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Changelog:

v1.5 - Changed: reverted back to C.A.S.T. rifle running (front-left-right-backwards) (lowered-raised) as in previous to v1.3.

Tweaked: walking kneeling with rifle raised -0.20km/h. Vanilla speed.

Tweaked: tactical kneeling raised was slowed down to vanilla (maybe -0.10km/h).

Tweaked: tactical running standing raised +0.10km/h.

Tweaked: unarmed running and sprinting faster 1km/h.

Added: no idle animations for player, kneeling and standing.

Added: no idle animations for AI, kneeling and standing.

Updated: ACE3 Compatibility Patch v1.4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello, 

if I may, 

I suggest removing "no idle anims" changes from both PBO's, because: 
- ACE has it's own Idle Anim removal and some crews remove that .pbo (for immersion, so the soldiers aren't lifeless dolls) 

- not everybody wants those changes (same reason as with ACE one), I suggest making another optional .pbo for the non-ace version that removes the (Player and AI) Idle anims 

Other changes I'd suggest after watching the video and seeing the changelog on Armaholic: 

- make Tactical Pace (aka jog with weapon in firing position) speed change an optional .pbo too, because that heavily impacts CQB and gameplay in general, esp. in PvP and also because original is IMO realistic: 

- keep original "sprint" fastcrawl of ArmA3, it's very realistic in my opinion, such speed is achievable IRL (haven't seen the A2 version yet and I don't really remember how it looked) or make changes optional 

That's it, otherwise great job 

Hi,

Those are all valid suggestions, i'll try and implement them all. IIRC A2 sprint prone was inexistent.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Changelog:

v1.5.1 - Added: optional vanilla_idle_anims.pbo.

Added: optional vanilla_prone_sprint.pbo.

Added: optional vanilla_tactical_jog.pbo.

Added: no idle animations for player and AI, prone.

Added: no idle animations for player and AI, pistol.

• Like 2

Changelog:

v1.5.2 - Added: running standing with rifle raised replaced by running standing with rifle lowered, player and AI.

Added: replaced prone sprinting with binoculars by prone running with binoculars.

Added: binoculars prone front right walk and run vanilla was too slow.

Added: launcher walking standing/crouching left/right/backwards vanilla was too slow.

Added: no idle kneeling with launcher.

Added: optional cast_running_rifle_raised.pbo.

• Like 2

after replacing prone sprinting to prone running im having sound issues,  the sound is faster than the animation now. 

however, im using JSRS with this mod. 

I'm aware of that issue. I take it as just a minor inconvenience. Thanks for reporting it though.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Changelog:

v1.5.5. - Added: optional/standalone arma2_cargo_idle_anims.pbo.

Added: no idle animations weapon raised pistol and rifle kneeling/standing and launcher standing.

Updated: vanilla_idle_anims.pbo.

- -

Arma 2 (or so I think, found on vanilla A3) cargo animations replace the animations when on cargo of trucks, hurons/chinooks and all(?) sideways seats from constant moving by a more chilled animations. This pbo is optional and also standalone so feel free to use it without C.A.S.T.

Vanilla_idle_anims.pbo. updated to restore also the weapons raised idle anims.

• Thanks 1

Changelog:

v1.6.0 - Added: Arma 2 animations for walking and running with rifle front, FL, FR.

Added: cast_ace_arma2_anims.pbo compat patch.

Fixed: prone run playing sprint sound.

Updated: vanilla_prone_sprint.pbo sound.

Fixed: missing cargo seats still animations.

Tweaked: prone with rifle tweaked for stealth/combat (slow/fast respectively). 

- -

Edit: Fixed the link. Sorry. Thanks for the heads up @Maff!

• Thanks 1

@RCA3

Attempted to download v1.6.0 but getting "Google Drive - Access Denied. You need access. Ask for access, or switch to an account with access." message.

• Thanks 1

Changelog:

v1.7.0 - Tweaked: overall fine tuning.

Added: no idle anims unarmed.

Removed:  cast_running_rifle_raised.pbo.

Removed: vanilla_idle_anims.pbo.

Removed: vanilla_tactical_jog.pbo.

Added: cast_auto_lower_rifle.pbo.

Added: cast_no_idle_anims.pbo.

Added: cast_no_prone_sprint.pbo.

Changed: renamed cast_vanilla_prone_sprint.pbo to cast_vanilla_prone_sprint_speed.pbo.

Fixed: small vanilla glitch (watch video).

Updated: ACE compatibility patch.

- -

Edited by RCA3
Added: no idle anims unarmed.
  • Thanks 1

Changelog:

v1.7.1 - Fixed: Arma2 anims rifle walking lowered backwards sound out of sync.

Added: fix for pistol walking raised crouched sound out of sync.

Added: speed tweak patch for ArmA3 Old Running Animation  by MasterWolf. Slows down sprint a bit, not mandatory.

Added: sprint lowered front right interpolate to run and running lowered front right interpolate to sprint.

• Thanks 1

Great mod, I've been using this a lot. 

However, I've been wondering if it is possible to replace this animation 

9vOCz33.jpg

https://imgur.com/arylrNr

https://imgur.com/60I5d2k

with this animation for AI

6uUCTXH.jpg

https://imgur.com/vTKjm6w

https://imgur.com/q8uB1y2

In other words change crouched slow walk + weapon ready -> crouched slow walk + weapon lowered for AI.

I'm not entirely sure what the animators in Bohemia have been thinking with that, because that crouched run / walk with weapon raised barely looks physically possible, because the center of balance is so far off from the feet that support the character. It does not look that bad on pictures, but in motion it is probably the most immersion breaking thing in Arma III. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tiuhtukkainen said:

Great mod, I've been using this a lot. 

Thanks! It's very rewarding to know people use this.

change crouched slow walk + weapon ready -> crouched slow walk + weapon lowered for AI

I already did some tests and it seems doable. Soon™

Note: both player and AI will be affected, reason being, some animations are independent for player/AI but most, like this ones, are universal.

that crouched run / walk with weapon raised barely looks physically possible

C.A.S.T. is already lowering when running (in case you're not aware) through cast_auto_lower_rifle.pbo.

Question: do you also want tactical/combat pace to be lowered as well?

Question #2: if so, do you want combat pace replaced with walk or run? Disregard this one, i'll replace with tactical lowered.

Edited by RCA3
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Thanks! It's very rewarding to know people use this.

I already did some tests and it seems doable. Soon™

Note: both player and AI will be affected, reason being, some animations are independent for player/AI but most, like this ones, are universal.

C.A.S.T. is already lowering when running (in case you're not aware) through cast_auto_lower_rifle.pbo.

Question: do you also want tactical/combat pace to be lowered as well?

Question #2: if so, do you want combat pace replaced with walk or run? Disregard this one, i'll replace with tactical lowered.

Wow that's incredible! 🙂 Thank you very very much, seriously. Hopefully other people will find joy about the addition too, because this is quite awkward. 

I personally don't mind at all if players are affected as well – I simply put the emphasis on AI, because for some reason they love that animation a lot. However, as an AI squad leader it decreases my confidence towards the fighting unit when everyone is walking like they're ready to take it up in the bum. I mean, they are not entirely wrong about the most probable outcome, but I try to be more optimistic and not give up beforehand. 😄 

With tactical / combat pace do you refer to the behavior AI uses when they are in combat / stealth mode? If so, then the answer is yes – at least I guess so. I trust your judgment on this one – if it looks more natural than the vanilla animation in that context and it does not require that much extra work, I'm certainly happy with it. 

• Like 1

Changelog:

v1.7.2 - Added: auto lower rifle when walking kneeling (optional) (cast_kneel_walk_auto_lower_rifle.pbo)

Added: Ravage + Arma 2 animations compatibility patch (cast_ravage_a2_anims.pbo).

• Like 1

Oh my god, it almost looks and feels like a different game now. On paper it's such a minor thing, but it greatly affects what maneuvering and combat looks like. 

Thank you one more time! 

• Like 1

Changelog:

v1.7.3 - Tweaked: kneel with rifle tactical x0.9.

Tweaked: kneel with rifle raised running x0.9.

Tweaked: A2 animations stand with rifle walk x1.05 + Ravage patch update.

Tweaked: A2 animations stand with rifle  lowered left/right run x1.01.

Tweaked: kneel with pistol tactical x0.9.

Tweaked: kneel with pistol  lowered run front x0.9 (to match raised).

Added: swimming with diving suit left/right proper speed (2x-4x).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hello again ^ ^

when adding cast_arma2_anims & cast_ace_arma2_anims & cast_auto_lower_rifle along with cast

i have found that sprinting speed is the same as running speed or vice versa (with rifle or launchers) however unarmed works fine though not huge difference except in stamina 

• Like 1

Hi again, AirShark 🙂

Thanks again for your feedback, this time though it is working as intended. I did a quick review of those animations:

km/h:
Running Rifle ~17.55
Sprinting Rifle ~18.80

Running Launcher ~12.30
Sprinting Launcher ~14.55

Running Unarmed ~17.30
Sprinting Unarmed ~22

Running with rifle with Arma 2 anims is quite faster than vanilla anims, so the spriting lacks lags a bit behind, but, I can't speed up the vanilla sprint because animations start to look unrealistic (in my eye).

I strongly recommend ArmA3 Old Running Animation by MasterWolf (it's all the A2 sprint animations) + the CAST patch if you want faster sprint.

Cheers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Hi again, AirShark 🙂

Thanks again for your feedback, this time though it is working as intended. I did a quick review of those animations:

Spoiler

km/h:

Running Rifle ~17.55

Sprinting Rifle ~18.80

Running Launcher ~12.30

Sprinting Launcher ~14.55

Running Unarmed ~17.30

Sprinting Unarmed ~22

Running with rifle with Arma 2 anims is quite faster than vanilla anims, so the spriting lacks a bit behind, but, I can't speed up the vanilla sprint because animations start to look unrealistic (in my eye).

I strongly recommend ArmA3 Old Running Animation by MasterWolf (it's all the A2 sprint animations) + the CAST patch if you want faster sprint.

Cheers!

thanks, thats exactly what im using right now 😛

however and tbh the arma 2 anims surprisingly works the best for the ai prospective than the masterwolfs ORA or vanilla the only big issue i had with the arma 2 anims is the stamina that drops 3 times faster than the actual speed when sprinting. other than that it rocks, it increases the ai reaction speed and reduces the robotic movements. 

anyway  thanks for the info above i much needed it 🙏

• Like 1

Changelog:

v1.7.4 - Tweaked: walking front lowered rifle/pistol increased  to 6.0km/h (+0.20km/h). Vanilla and Arma 2 animations.

Tweaked: tactical pace lowered rifle increased to 12km/h.

Tweaked: minor tweaks running rifle fr/fl/backwards.

Updated: ACE and Ravage compatibility patches.

• Like 1