Sign in to follow this  
CANADAVE

Training missions - anyone?

I'd like to download some training missions for the various weapons/vehicles in OFP - maybe even sniper training etc..

Do these missions exist? I have not played with the editor much but I know I would not fair well with the "scripting" I often read about.

example - heli training - just a bunch of different kinds of helicopters on an airfield, set waypoints and maybe a couple of dumb tanks to kill? Throw in some dumb infantry for huey gun target practice and and and maybe pick up some troops then land

sniper - have a mission for long range target practice at dumb infantry/officers

LAW - drive to a set waypoint , hide in the woods and wait for a convoy or choppers to roll by (dumb) - or just target practice over long distances.

navigation - night time misssion where you have to get all the way across an island using a map and avoid enemy "camps" and a night time convoy or two on the paved roads(there's camp fires right?)

Just wondering..maybe I'll dig into the editor and try to make something like this...I think it would be beneficial to the noob (like me) that may be scared away from a great game because of its initial complexity and massive environmental size.

Hi WindsorTheater

Never heard of any for OFP other than the Original missions on the OFP Discs

There are a couple for officer training as part of the CoC but they sound more advanced than your examples they assume you are already an acomplished OFP player and are looking to advance up the The Chain of Command

I suggest your best course of action is to create your own training missions. If you check out the USMC and US Army field manuals they will give you several examples.

At the CoC we are looking for mission designers to create some standard missions from the US Army Text book we have all the relavent documentation in terms of the SOPs again these are Officer Level courses and exams as used at military training colleges.

Kind Regards Walker

It'd be pretty easy to make your own. But if you just complete the 1985 campaign you should be pretty familiar with it.

I recommend the unofficial and free ULOTC and PMC Fury campains. Both can be found by searching The FAQ for "more campaigns".

The first mission in ULOTC will let you experiment with most of OFP's essential weapons and armor. The PMC Fury campaign starts off easier than most campaigns and lets you acquire skill and experience that will benefit you when playing other more difficlut OFP missions or campaigns.

for sniper training, i highly recommend Omega's sniper range(?). goto Avon's website and check M.O.M it should be there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 14 2003,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for sniper training, i highly recommend Omega's sniper range(?). goto Avon's website and check M.O.M it should be there.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not your average novice mission, if you're new to OFP. I would savor that for after boot camp. wink.gif

EDIT: Goodnight all! smile.gif

Has the Omega made any other training missions?

That sniper course is fantastic and is exactly what I'm looking for as far as design and content.

Has he made other training simulations? Or does any other missions focus on testing skillsets? e.g The sniper test focuses on stalking, concealment etc.

Are there ones that focus on pilots, black ops etc?

Regards,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Jan. 23 2003,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has the Omega made any other training missions?<span id='postcolor'>

I think at the time he said he would but none ever came out AFAIK. sad.gif

That is a shame as theres no way I can match his skill for making training exercises so realistic.

I made some aacc (all arms commando course) missions as a start for a royal marines campaign that i never finished.There a bit basic and still need alot of work but if anyones interested crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Jan. 30 2003,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is a shame as theres no way I can match his skill for making training exercises so realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

Any VBS1 experts from the USMC lurking here? sad.gif

There were (at least 2) missions called boot camp where you could train rifle, sniper and at weapons. I just checked the site of the clan that made those but they have gone inactive and there aren't any d/l links anymore sad.gif

Maybe some other site has them in their mission archive?!?

The ULOTC campaign's first mission is a training grounds mission.

The Taiwan 2002 campaign also has several training missions at the beginning.

We at Seawolves Armed Forces have many training maps on our servers, so if you looking to perfect your OFP skills, come and give us a visit and consider joining up!  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

*Looks up, terrified at Staff Sergeant*

"OK I said it,Sir...Could you please move that boot please, it's cutting the circulation to my brain"