Oldninja

Vigor Partners, testing and roadmap.

As I have committed to in another thread, I will not critique any of the 'improvements' I've seen in the Vigor partner YouTube uploads. I will generalise on the above subject, and hopefully get some traction from the player base, and maybe even some feedback from BI.

Partners - I made a point on another forum regarding the frequency that partners actually play the game, and therefore how appropriate it is for them to be in such an influencial position. I will not name anyone, but the partner responded by informing me in a nice way, that partners are content creators that create and stream YouTube videos, and are selected on that criteria. I agree, getting Vigor content out their is a key component, as I can recall the days when one new YouTube video per week was commonplace. He did say that he does play the game, but clearly not as often as a lot of others, particularly some who contribute to this forum.

Testing - As I mentioned above, partners play the game occasionally as the content they provide covers more than just Vigor. I've witnessed partners almost relearning how to play in some of the content they have uploaded. Wouldn't it make sense for some of the regular player community to be offered a testing role. Server logs would point to those best equiped to be offered that opportunity. At least that way regular and experienced players could give meaningful feedback.

Roadmap - Taking into account the 2 paragraphs above. Wouldn't it be good if regular players, either through this forum or through an expert user group, could influence the direction of the game. Not completely, as BI need to ensure that their financial and design specification targets are met, but to have input on proposed new features and suggest their own.

I been involved in expert user groups previously, and the value it gives in providing a user insight into how a product is performing, and in raising recommendations through actual use that the developers don't see or even think about is a valuable commodity.

And finally, I am not pushing myself forward for a role in anything I mentioned above. I have my opinions, and unless banned, will continue to voice them. But there are players who spend a lot more time on the game than me, and those players deserve to be listened to, and to be given the opportunity to influence the future direction of the game.

I await your comments.

• Like 4

I agree on your comments about the partners. I personally don't know if there are still ways to become a partner but it would be interesting. Most of the partners I've seen on youtube I rarely see playing. I also noticed that people on the top of the leaderboards don't seem to play too often either, I don't know how many, if any of them are vigor partners. 

I for one would love to be able to test out what they plan on bringing to the game and give feedback on what they are planning. 

I agree having a test server for dedicated players is a good idea and (from my experience) provides some very useful feedback. 

Partners are good for advertising the game but aren't always the best for game feedback as they're previewing/promoting a version of the game, not testing.

Here here!

There a probably few partners/streamers who regularly play.

I'm on just about every day for a couple of hours maybe a little longer with days off.

I don't think there's more honest feedback you can get than from the regular playing public.

Streamers have an agenda already when promoting content.

Does anyone think the update may have gone a little bit smoother if actual players had been given the opportunity to do a little testing on a sandpit server somewhere!

15 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Does anyone think the update may have gone a little bit smoother if actual players had been given the opportunity to do a little testing on a sandpit server somewhere!

Of course! You could bet your house on it they would have told them the radiation comes in too quick.