Th3Truth

Radiation

I really wish the radiation didnt kill you so fast and easily. I think it would make matches much more fun if they cut radiation damage in half.

Hi Th3Truth,

Sorry to disappoint you, but the 1.2 update teasers are suggesting that the radiation cloud will possibly be more destructive and quicker across the map.

I will wait and see, but if true it will be a huge backward step.

6 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Hi Th3Truth,

Sorry to disappoint you, but the 1.2 update teasers are suggesting that the radiation cloud will possibly be more destructive and quicker across the map.

I will wait and see, but if true it will be a huge backward step.

I feel like that would definetly decrease the amount of time people spend camping the airdrop, or exit zones at the end of the game, though they should make the time for the airdrop to come in to increase, to give players more time too loot, or hunt others.

Hi Mikael,

I'm not sure if your comment is in favour of the possible change or not.

For me if the radiation cloud does indeed enter the encounter sooner, is more damaging and moves quicker. Then it's a huge backward step for a number of reasons :-

1. Outlanders who are ambivalent about collecting the crate will have less overall time to loot.

2. Exit campers will have lots more certainty about where remaining outlanders (and crate carrier) will actually exit, as the risky, but workable tactic of running through the cloud to an exit will have been removed.

3. It will severely reduce the tactic of avoidance and non engagement as game time will be considerably reduced.

4. It would appear to be designed to promote a more PvP/last Man standing environment.

All the reasons above, and possibly more, should this actually be delivered in 1.2 will have in my view, a major negative impact on the game. 

I play the game because it offers a range of options. If those options are going to be eroded with each subsequent update to encourage a more 'Fortnite' like environment, then I for one will seriously consider continuing my involvement.

The teasers I've seen (including bombs!), worry me. I do not want this game to evolve into one where there are no exits, and the only way off the map is to avoid that circular incoming radiation cloud, centred on the airdrop. With whoever is last Man getting the crate and exiting safely.

Sound familiar!

• Like 1

A quicker, more deadlier radiation will kill off people like myself in regions where the wait times for servers are 3+ minutes.

It wouldn't be an issue if we were picking up servers within 30 seconds like they do in the US.

But if IN server time is going to be reduced, Im going to be spending more time in load/exit screens and waiting for servers.

I also had a Vigor "partner" tell me that there's only a couple of servers based in Sydney that supports basically all of Oceana i.e Australia, New Zealand and surrounds.

That's why wait times suck and we then get changed to American servers, which is fine but it needs speeding up. 

3-4 minutes is too long.

Thats not good news ninja.. U would think someone would be on here listening to player feedback but nope...  it seems to be fairly unanimous in my group of friends nobody likes how fast the radiation kills. 

I agree, if this is the path they are taking (pvp focused) then I to also feel my time here may not be a long one. I love the fact it's not a battle royal and would like to see more incentives for the sneaky looting players. 

18 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Hi Mikael,

I'm not sure if your comment is in favour of the possible change or not.

For me if the radiation cloud does indeed enter the encounter sooner, is more damaging and moves quicker. Then it's a huge backward step for a number of reasons :-

1. Outlanders who are ambivalent about collecting the crate will have less overall time to loot.

2. Exit campers will have lots more certainty about where remaining outlanders (and crate carrier) will actually exit, as the risky, but workable tactic of running through the cloud to an exit will have been removed.

3. It will severely reduce the tactic of avoidance and non engagement as game time will be considerably reduced.

4. It would appear to be designed to promote a more PvP/last Man standing environment.

All the reasons above, and possibly more, should this actually be delivered in 1.2 will have in my view, a major negative impact on the game. 

I play the game because it offers a range of options. If those options are going to be eroded with each subsequent update to encourage a more 'Fortnite' like environment, then I for one will seriously consider continuing my involvement.

The teasers I've seen (including bombs!), worry me. I do not want this game to evolve into one where there are no exits, and the only way off the map is to avoid that circular incoming radiation cloud, centred on the airdrop. With whoever is last Man getting the crate and exiting safely.

Sound familiar!

Im on the fence about it tbh. its something that we'll have to wait and see how the majority of the player base will react to such a change, but i feel like this change will affect the endgame greatly, as what you had said with the exit campers, they'd have a better chance predicting the movement of players with this change, so i believe that a majority of players will dislike this change, since no one really likes campers. i don't think however they'll turn this is a battle royal game, i think the potential escapes are something the entire playerbase loves, even when there are campers. I feel like if they'd turn it into a battle royal like PUBG they would receive major backlash from the player base.

I agree Mikael,

It's wrong of me to make assumptions.

I will wait for the update before voicing my concerns again. After all, most of the partners airing the update teasers do make it clear that all the proposed changes may not make it into the final update.

Good to see they reduced radiation time slightly, a small step in the right direction.

See pyrits changelog for full details on all recent changes.