Sign in to follow this  
realZNorQ

Path to resources in an addon

I created a simple add-on which will contain a few resources such as scripts and images, and I'm using "Arma 3 Tools" -> "Addon Builder"

to pack into a pbo-file and add it to the game. Game loads add-on, no problems.

Lets say the directory structure is as follows;

NSF4Resources

- img

- sqf

The "NSF4Resources" folder is the highest level which "Addon builder" uses, so the add-on will become "NSF4Resources.pbo". Under

img and sqf there are various files that I want to use during a set of missions I'm making. The problem is when I'm trying to reference

to the files - I can't reach them. Let's say under img there is a file called "overview.jpg" - what would the path be?

PS! The actual finished pbo is placed under a folder called @nsf/addons/NSF4Resources.pbo, and I use "ArmA3Launcher" -> "Mods" ->

"Local Mod" to add it to the game (and yes, I make sure that the mod is also in "loaded mods"-list).

Oh, and I've also experimented with the "Addon Prefix" (putting in "nsf4" ) in the "Addon Builder".

I've tried to find documentation on this - but all my search attempts just ends up on a discussion on where to put the acutal pbo-file.

Kenneth aka ZNorQ

Edited by realZNorQ
Spelling/incorrect wording

Omg, after hours and hours and hours - I found the problem.

Seems I have to specify what file types that "ArmA3 Addon Builder" will put in to the pbo...

To me, that sounds strange, but I guess there is a good reason for it.