Mikael Aether

Shotgun changes.

So i've been testing out the shotguns and i feel like they are wayyy too weak. From what i found they are not only highly inaccurate, but the Silver Pigeon takes about 6 shots to the chest, even at point blank range, where in most games at that range they would normally kill or severely wound the enemy. I understand that the shotguns especially the Izh43 was powerful, however i feel as if the silver pigeon was in the right state. I could often reliably get two or three (sometimes i had to get a fourth shot in) in close range, now, i don't even want to touch the gun. I had a guy run up to me, no more than five meters away, shoot at me, and miss. Yea miss. From five meters away. i feel like with the little ammo, and long reload, you should be able to count on those few shots, especially in close range. If the true issue was the range of the shotguns, make the damage drop off after like 10 or 15 meters go down severly, and increase the accuracy similar to how the silver pigeon used to be. 

4 hours ago, Mikael Aether said:

So i've been testing out the shotguns and i feel like they are wayyy too weak. From what i found they are not only highly inaccurate, but the Silver Pigeon takes about 6 shots to the chest, even at point blank range, where in most games at that range they would normally kill or severely wound the enemy. I understand that the shotguns especially the Izh43 was powerful, however i feel as if the silver pigeon was in the right state. I could often reliably get two or three (sometimes i had to get a fourth shot in) in close range, now, i don't even want to touch the gun. I had a guy run up to me, no more than five meters away, shoot at me, and miss. Yea miss. From five meters away. i feel like with the little ammo, and long reload, you should be able to count on those few shots, especially in close range. If the true issue was the range of the shotguns, make the damage drop off after like 10 or 15 meters go down severly, and increase the accuracy similar to how the silver pigeon used to be. 

Shotguns are perfect right now, 2 good shots to the chest are defo a kill. Building sneakers perfect weapon. 

We used to be able to snipe with these things. 

1 hour ago, MercWarlord said:

Shotguns are perfect right now, 2 good shots to the chest are defo a kill. Building sneakers perfect weapon. 

We used to be able to snipe with these things. 

Uhm no. You know the dummies in the training ring require like four to six shots to kill? And they are meant to have the same health as the survivors. not to mention again, the long reload time, and high inaccurany and recoil. You can miss so many shots and get no value. It is basically running on complete luck, and barely any skill now. I took a shot from the silver pigeon (from the same guy that had missed a shot earlier, but this was before that) and it took out maybe 20% of my health. Scared the shit out of me though. He shot at me... i think six times, before i finally got sick of it and killed him

The wat I see it they are trying to keep the game within "realistic" range. 

If we take the Vigor shotguns use #0 smooth pallet buckshot the 100% incapacitating range is determined at the awesome range of a whopping 3 meters(point blank range), not to be confused with effective range, that would be around 30meters. As the bore or choke aren't specified it is safe if we assume we are using 12G shotguns with a true bore muzzle. In this case the developers are more then generous keeping the cloudshot scatter within your crosshair over a distance of more then 10 meters.

A grown man of average height(180cm) takes steps of about 75 cm each. This would mean that if someone is more then 4 steps away the shotgun already has a palletspread large enough to have some miss its target. 

If the game had to calculate damage per pallet without reduction of velocity over range it would be 100/amount of palletsxpallet reaching its target. And even then we don't really know if this is the calculation the developers use.

I'm trying to say: shotguns don't need to be tweaked. Just wait untill they release a stronger shotgun or different ammo types.

I agree with merc, I think shotguns are good where they're at. Even currently there are people that land shots with a pigeon who aren't even in close range and manage to take out 15-20% of health. I got one tapped in close quarters with a pigeon yesterday, although it was partially due to my carelesness but still. I also one tapped somebody the other day that ran by me. I think the shotguns are very good in close quarters and aren't so forgiving for missing shots, as they should be though.

I’m with the OP. Shotguns are completely irrelevant now. I used to fear getting close to people with the original over powered shotgun but it did make people choose their gun fights. A mix between both would be great. Why would we wait for a new more powerful shotgun or ammo? That still makes the current shotguns irrelevant and unusable. If you get in a gun fight with an ADR from 2 feet to across map you’re dead. But if i shoot someone point blank in the chest twice they run away as I reload. How is that realistic. A shotgun with a choke is effective out to 40 yards to kill game. If you shoot something at 20 yards unchoked it too is affective. The current nerf of shotguns is ridiculous and needs a buff. 

Literally point blank to the chest takes three shots. No way is this affective range and good power.

7 minutes ago, TheBigDDA said:

Literally point blank to the chest takes three shots. No way is this affective range and good power.

20 minutes ago, JukeNukeEm said:

I agree with merc, I think shotguns are good where they're at. Even currently there are people that land shots with a pigeon who aren't even in close range and manage to take out 15-20% of health. I got one tapped in close quarters with a pigeon yesterday, although it was partially due to my carelesness but still. I also one tapped somebody the other day that ran by me. I think the shotguns are very good in close quarters and aren't so forgiving for missing shots, as they should be though.

11 hours ago, MercWarlord said:

The wat I see it they are trying to keep the game within "realistic" range. 

If we take the Vigor shotguns use #0 smooth pallet buckshot the 100% incapacitating range is determined at the awesome range of a whopping 3 meters(point blank range), not to be confused with effective range, that would be around 30meters. As the bore or choke aren't specified it is safe if we assume we are using 12G shotguns with a true bore muzzle. In this case the developers are more then generous keeping the cloudshot scatter within your crosshair over a distance of more then 10 meters.

A grown man of average height(180cm) takes steps of about 75 cm each. This would mean that if someone is more then 4 steps away the shotgun already has a palletspread large enough to have some miss its target. 

If the game had to calculate damage per pallet without reduction of velocity over range it would be 100/amount of palletsxpallet reaching its target. And even then we don't really know if this is the calculation the developers use.

I'm trying to say: shotguns don't need to be tweaked. Just wait untill they release a stronger shotgun or different ammo types.

I just tested it in game, and there are major inconsitencies. One time i can one tap a guy, and other times its like i shot a perfect silohette of him. I was ADS both time, which should majorly increase the accuracy, but no, anything more than right up in your face using the silverpigeon, the gun will be so inconsistant, that again, i'd rather use other guns. I get that shotguns are suppose to be close range guns too, but with all the maps mainly in wide open areas with bits and peices of cpver, you have to be really lucky with your spawn, and your shots to get those kills.Until they add maps that support more and more close range battles, i think the shotguns will be used less and less, overpowered by other guns. Hell the Thompson and some pistols are chosen over the shotguns. 

**Note, they need to fix the scarecrow dummies, as they seem not to be well for testing shotguns whatsoever. 

Yesssss. The changed up the shotguns prone and crouch accuracy. Not gonna lie I love this change. Now using shot guns in close range doesn't mean you'll get fucked out of s kill if your prone. What they did for the accuracy changes, was... The accuracy of the shotguns doesn't change at all. They still need to fix the interaction with shotguns angaist the dummies at the shooting range still.