furean

Virolahti - Valtatie 7

VRpwq4R.png

After years of working on and off with this terrain, I'm pleased to finally be able to tell you:

Welcome to Virolahti!

This is a fictionalized version of the municipality of Virolahti; which is the southeastern-most municipality of Finland and thus right on the border with Russia. This project was started by Tonto and I to make a larger Valtatie 5, a 'spiritual successor' of sorts, for Tonto's VT5. You will find lots of forests, farmlands as well as plenty of villages dotting the terrain. At the moment there is not as much micro-terrain as in VT5, but I might improve upon this in future updates.

Trivia:

Size: 18km x 18km

Settlements: 43 villages/towns

Objects: 2.15 million

Requirements:

CUP Terrains - Core

License:

APL-SA

Special thanks to:

Tonto- - For helping me set up this project, object placement, etc.  And of course; for inspiring me to make terrains for Arma 3.

Temppa - For giving me tons of advice in making terrains - without which this terrain would never have been completed! Not to mention the help I got with configs, textures, and so on.

Arma Finland - For playtesting a half-finished terrain throughout the years. Special mention to those who helped with object placement, gave advice/ideas, etc.

Download Links:

Steam Workshop

Armaholic

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Dude - this is one of the best A3 terrains I've seen, on many levels. Anyone reading this, grab it!
Great work, loved VT5 already. 🙂

• Like 1

This is just unbelievable! I’m loving it!

Wish we’d have a quality Finnish forces mod to go along with it. SFP’s mod had Finmod’s vests, but they got removed for some reason and the vests now are just horrible.

• Like 1

Phenomenal map, the amount of work that must have gone into it is mind boggling. Thanks so much @furean and your collaborators..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

This is just unbelievable! I’m loving it!

Wish we’d have a quality Finnish forces mod to go along with it. SFP’s mod had Finmod’s vests, but they got removed for some reason and the vests now are just horrible.

SFP has problems.

You guys at AFI make some sick shit, this looks fantastic Furean! Hope to see a snow version sometime in the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tuesday night's operation in the new terrain Virolahti.

This is a raw video of an incomplete game taken to as a showcase for the new terrain.

#Arma3 #Arma3SinglePlayer

I'm glad you folks are liking the terrain!

@SSG-Viktor: I'm definitely planning to make a winter version at some point!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, furean said:

I'm glad you folks are liking the terrain!

@SSG-Viktor: I'm definitely planning to make a winter version at some point!

Stop it!

I can get only so erect!

There is a new version now in Steam Workshop.

Primarily some small bugfixes, as per the below change log:

Hotfix #1:

Fixed placement of some objects.
Fixed roads (primarily in the Virojoki area).
The fields in the satellite image now have a slightly darker colour.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just had a drive over this map, and dang, it looks good. Very natural looking, with a good attention to detail without cluttering everything up. 

Overall, great work!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, topden said:

The best map! Thank you! Livonia is sh*t!

Livonia is better but this map is very good as well!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, topden said:

The best map! Thank you! Livonia is sh*t!

There’s always one, isn’t there?

• Haha 1

I recommend an AI controlled boat trip around the coastline, it's pretty special....If i had one suggestion it would be to develop some of the smaller islands around the coastline with some points of interest. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:15 AM, Jimi Markkanen said:

SFP’s mod had Finmod’s vests, but they got removed for some reason and the vests now are just horrible.

Hey we're trying. 😞 A tad off-topic, but the current vests are place holders. Call them horrible, but it ain't easy making them. It simply isn't. 

Loving the map, wish we had more custom signs and environmental details to Finn-ify the map though 😄 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kristian said:

Hey we're trying. 😞 A tad off-topic, but the current vests are place holders. Call them horrible, but it ain't easy making them. It simply isn't. 

Loving the map, wish we had more custom signs and environmental details to Finn-ify the map though 😄 

Sorry mate, don't get me wrong, I'm in no place to disrespect other people's modeling work of course! I do use those vests myself, I was just talking in comparison to the Finmod vests that used to be a part of SFP FFP, but got removed for whatever reason. 

SFP Terrains, if permitted, would have a lot of stuff like road signs etc that'd be a very nice addition to the map with re-texturing, definitely! 

15 hours ago, Kristian said:

Y'all have done a fine job, just about flawless, IMO

Yesterday´s night I had one of the best missions in my 3500 hours of playing Arma 3 on this map.

We had to destroy a SAM emplacement near the coast, we did a HALO drop many kilometers afar, there were 24 of us and many hadn't ever done a HALO Jump, so we where all very scattered, we get to the Rally Point and quickly know that 3 guys where astray, while we were moving we were very heavy so we had to walk a lot, in that time walking through the forests, I could hear the birds chirping and stuff. It was very immersive, after rescuing those guys we went on ahead to our objective, many small skirmishes between us in a treeline, a vast field and another treeline with enemies, all in all, it was an amazing experience and this map with its beauty made it all. Thanks for your map.

• Like 2

this map is really fun and well made, thank you

On 9/25/2020 at 3:57 PM, GamerOnkel said:

here a tree grew in the house. 😄

*snip*

clearly a christmas tree 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Been enjoying the terrain for a while now - came across a dodgy bit of road today at 1205,0996. Squared a few front wheels heading South!

Thanks for making such a cool map