Sign in to follow this  
Muerte65

Respawn not working

This is my second mission and in the first one it worked fine the only change is the delay time (5 in first). Player scripting in second is as follows---addweapon blah blah blah; Respawn = "2"; Respawndelay = 20;  In my description.ext (used notepad and it is not txt) is as follows---(first line)Respawn = "2";(second line)Respawndelay = 20;---I tried all kinds of different variations even tried "INSTANT" in place of "2" in the description.ext. I don't know what else to try. Any Ideas? Thanks

Do not put any respawn values in the players init.

Respawn = "2"; should be

Respawn = 2;

I will try that, but why does it work in my first mission?

still not working, i don't know what to do i'm at a total loss. I hate to trash the mission but the number of enemy troops respawn is a must.

If they are AI you have to script them into respawning... they don't count like units set to playable or player...

smile.gif Can you just post the entire contents of description.ext from the mission folder you are actually working in.

Make sure you are actually testing an updated version of hte mission. Under some circumstances the "save as to" feature in the editor malfunctions.

i usually save after changes before i preview the only thing in the ext is the respawn info

Well, please try copying the mission folder from your users directory, verify that the .ext file is there, then test using that copy.

And please post those contents...

EDIT: Respawn only works in MP, not SP.

smile.gif (just making sure)

Respawn = 2;

Respawndelay = 20;

Is this what you wanted  biggrin.gif   thats all thats in the ext the respawn should work in the preview or do i need to save as mp before it will work in preview?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Muerte65 @ Jan. 13 2003,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this what you wanted biggrin.gif thats all thats in the ext the respawn should work in the preview or do i need to save as mp before it will work in preview?<span id='postcolor'>

BINGO, Check my last edit. smile.gif

Well I'll be damned I knew I came to the right place i'll give it a try thanks for your time and help. i'll let you know if it works. biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

It worked thanks alot for the help guys you want a copy?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Muerte65 @ Jan. 13 2003,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It worked thanks alot for the help guys you want a copy?<span id='postcolor'>

It's not necessary. smile.gif You can post it up for everyone to try out in the forum. If you want.

Respawn also works when previewing a mission without

exporting it to mp.

Only thing you need to take care is: access the editor by

hosting a multiplayer session.

The editor at the main menu is the one for single player, while

at multiplayer you can select it, where you select the missions

(at the top of the list).

~S~ CD

I never even realized this, never started the editor from there, thanks Chris... smile.gif