Sign in to follow this  
Janne Narkilahti

Do something for players who play 4 together against others.

The situation is unfair because others think there are 2 different teams in the battle. When you go in, one team acts as bait and the other circles and kills.

These players should be punished and banned from the game. There is a record of the situation and it is not difficult to find those players.

• Like 1

I think people who teamplay with other teams or team up on solo's are quite sad. However they did not cheat, nor exploited glitches or bugs. If you are teams running into each other without shooting, there is a fair chance they are indeed teaming up. Adjust your strategy acccordingly, don't go running into random shooting. If you het baited it was your choice to fall for it.

Still I do agree there should be something that would give these kind of players more of a disadvantage when they team up. I love the Idea of proximity voice chat.

It seems it is up to the community to do something about the regular multi-team players. People are making blacklists for them and teamkillers. There just isn't an official forum post for it.

Don't get mad at teamers. In no time you will find them fun and thrilling to fight because It will be a new kind of challenge and most of times kill a duo in a solo game gives me a Greater satisfaction than a succesfull crate escape.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MercWarlord said:

I think people who teamplay with other teams or team up on solo's are quite sad. However they did not cheat, nor exploited glitches or bugs. If you are teams running into each other without shooting, there is a fair chance they are indeed teaming up. Adjust your strategy acccordingly, don't go running into random shooting. If you het baited it was your choice to fall for it.

Still I do agree there should be something that would give these kind of players more of a disadvantage when they team up. I love the Idea of proximity voice chat.

It seems it is up to the community to do something about the regular multi-team players. People are making blacklists for them and teamkillers. There just isn't an official forum post for it.

1 hour ago, stiffmaister said:

Don't get mad at teamers. In no time you will find them fun and thrilling to fight because It will be a new kind of challenge and most of times kill a duo in a solo game gives me a Greater satisfaction than a succesfull crate escape.

did I write about solo games or anything else? If this is okay for you then maybe you do not understand the whole idea.

https://xboxclips.com/Kari Fast/75b0da59-1fe8-4baf-a9bd-dffc897f0f27

It is supposed you get a team mate in a duo game so...much fun for you. If you play with a random you are obviously in disadvantage  but with a trusty allied, some skill and the right weapon It could result in a very good game.

11 minutes ago, stiffmaister said:

It is supposed you get a team mate in a duo game so...much fun for you. If you play with a random you are obviously in disadvantage  but with a trusty allied, some skill and the right weapon It could result in a very good game.

Are you blind? My friend shoots one player from another team and the other 3 collect our stuff. Some send a party request ahead of the game and this is just another part of the problem.

You don't have to be very smart to see how that situation is handled in the clip. I never play random games and everyone knows why.

The question is, will Bohemia allow this to continue? It is a question of equality of each player among others. Games, like life, must be fair and the rules must be respected. In the long run, this is in the interests of all of us, especially the game developers.

39 minutes ago, Janne Narkilahti said:

did I write about solo games or anything else? If this is okay for you then maybe you do not understand the whole idea.

https://xboxclips.com/Kari Fast/75b0da59-1fe8-4baf-a9bd-dffc897f0f27

Ok, it seems I understood the situation perfectly fine. Like I said, they did not cheat. You want them punished and banner yet they did nothing that goes against the TOS. 

Just to make it clear, you and your teammate both got killed by the teammate of the guy you killed. All they had are two extra pair of eyes, when you first talked about a team flanking I expected a actual firefight. 

I am totally against teaming with other pairs. But all you can do is get over it and keep it in mind the next time you meet them in the outlands.

7 minutes ago, MercWarlord said:

Ok, it seems I understood the situation perfectly fine. Like I said, they did not cheat. You want them punished and banner yet they did nothing that goes against the TOS. 

Just to make it clear, you and your teammate both got killed by the teammate of the guy you killed. All they had weer two extra pair of eyes, when you first talked about a team flanking I expected a actual firefight. 

I am totally against teaming with other pairs. But all you can do is het over it and keep it in mind the next time you meet them in the outlands.

The video does not show a situation where one of them became a threat. We went hunting for the threat. How one became a threat is absolutely clear and we went into the same trap. The threat was the bait and just that, assuming there are 2 different teams in the fight and not 4 players against you, there is a really big difference.

I think it is the purpose of these discussions to improve the gaming experience for all of us, and the intelligent game developers will listen to the players. But not if we don't discuss these gameplay issues.

Everyone sees the situation differently and therefore it is good to discuss things. We always take videos of different situations with my friend because it helps us to understand the situations.

I often get locked in a "character" situation where the character stays in aim position and can't do anything unless he uses the gun or turns on the Healing stuff.

Similarly, this problem recurs quite often too ->  

https://xboxclips.com/jannena77/1d6fc12c-946a-42a7-9159-a10928232704

Do not insult. I reply to your post in a gentle way as I was trying to show you the funny thing about the teamers and the increased challenge of the firefight against them. Both time you showed rude. I'm not blind and I'm not st**id. Nowaday people whine and cry about everything… If you camp you are a bushwookie, if you run and gun you have to go back to COD or Fortnite, if you find teams it is unfair… my god….deal with all that things. The only thing I'd like to get rid off is the annoying teamkilling but I think it's part of the game.

I think Janne made this post to vent some frustration, in the heat of the moment he makes a point but also needlessly throws in some insults. 

As far as I can see it janne expected us to all throw a tantrum about this sensitive subject. The players who have seen it all are a lot more relaxed about this thing because we know how to handle these situations and I guess he thinks this way the issues won't be adressed. 

Trust me Janne, teamers do frustrate all of is at some point, however there are far more important things in the game that need change. This one should be somewhere around the bottom of the list as it still is a game that has to stay open to all kinds of gameplay.

Get over it and adept is how most of us stroll trough the outlands.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, stiffmaister said:

Do not insult. I reply to your post in a gentle way as I was trying to show you the funny thing about the teamers and the increased challenge of the firefight against them. Both time you showed rude. I'm not blind and I'm not st**id. Nowaday people whine and cry about everything… If you camp you are a bushwookie, if you run and gun you have to go back to COD or Fortnite, if you find teams it is unfair… my god….deal with all that things. The only thing I'd like to get rid off is the annoying teamkilling but I think it's part of the game.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, MercWarlord said:

I think Janne made this post to vent some frustration, in the heat of the moment he makes a point but also needlessly throws in some insults. 

As far as I can see it janne expected us to all throw a tantrum about this sensitive subject. The players who have seen it all are a lot more relaxed about this thing because we know how to handle these situations and I guess he thinks this way the issues won't be adressed. 

Trust me Janne, teamers do frustrate all of is at some point, however there are far more important things in the game that need change. This one should be somewhere around the bottom of the list as it still is a game that has to stay open to all kinds of gameplay.

Get over it and adept is how most of us stroll trough the outlands.

Sorry about it I didnt not mean to insult anyone. English isnt my native language and we all knows that when someones are pissed and we wrote messages and read these, theres more emotion than brains in the moment. Thanks to all new information what you both are wrinting to me. I am not kid any more so my gaming experience was started time where we played Commodore Vic 20 and awesome C64. So I have seen much on this industry and still love to play these games.

Best thanks to both of you and maybe well see in the fields. Sometimes I need buddy to play this game but dont like to idea play with randoms so if someone are interested..

On 11/27/2019 at 5:28 AM, Janne Narkilahti said:

Are you blind? My friend shoots one player from another team and the other 3 collect our stuff. Some send a party request ahead of the game and this is just another part of the problem.

You don't have to be very smart to see how that situation is handled in the clip. I never play random games and everyone knows why.

The question is, will Bohemia allow this to continue? It is a question of equality of each player among others. Games, like life, must be fair and the rules must be respected. In the long run, this is in the interests of all of us, especially the game developers.

If games are like life, then it’s never fair. I’m not sure what World you live in, but this is fantasy. 

They are not doing anything people would not do in real life. Safety in numbers is a catchy phrase because it’s a legitimate strategy. 

If you were in this world, you would make alliances with others for a better chance of survival and you would have to deal with rationing your gear and loot with others just as they end up having to. 

Making this fair argument in comparison to life is ridiculous. We don’t respawn in the real World. 

I do not team in this game because I enjoy the challenge, but don’t fault the scrubs who need to do it to have a chance. I would certainly find alliances in real life though.

Well an issue is that its not just scrubs.  My experience with high leaderboard players is that they all team in solos. So what is the point of a leader board if it just rewards the most egregious cheaters.  I have literally seen them come in 4 and 5 players at a time in the last week.  I am playing less because it is happening far too frequently.  

Read this thread, and others regarding teaming in solo's with great interest.

I'm a confirmed solo player and even when I try the odd duo encounter, I tend to do my own thing.

I'm not technically astute enough to suggest ways to prevent teaming, other than by stopping party chat in solo encounters.

The other method would be to introduce 4 man squads ala fortnite.

But at the end of the day this game was conceived as a solo survival game, and if the mentality of certain outlanders is to constantly strive to give themselves an unfair advantage, in this case by teaming, then there is not much that can be done (as far as I know).

Although I've not been affected too much by teaming, I've seen many examples on other sources, and can understand the frustration felt by outlanders playing the game as it was intended.

The ball is well and truly in BI's court, and I'm sure they will be considering the issue and how it can be prevented.