icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Fapovo Island

Current version: 1.9 (Nov 16, 2022)

So, remember small isle of Fapovo from end of Arma 2 era? Never mind if you don't, it was a simple couple day project but some of guys loved it and did a roleplay of the original Red Dawn movie on it. I've invested couple of hours into it and present to you an Arma3 much expanded version 😉 enjoy!

It is a 100 square kilometres map loosely based on Red Dawn classic 80s movie, but we have used various real and also totally made up locations 😉 be sure to inspect impressive Dongo the Dog statue situated on the South part of the island.
Map features satellite of 20480x20480 px. Otherwise map has Slavic roots, hopefully people will get a chuckle here and there as we have hidden couple of "easter eggs". 

Fapovo is split into two countries that are on the brink of war - Botana on North under control of Sahrani Province Forces and Fapovo on the South under local government. In last decade fighting between these two one town got almost completely obliterated and it lies on Western border. Border is clearly marked with stones and sand and troops from both sides have regular incidents on their patrol duties. It is also believed both sides are rigging up local fresh water with explosives that can contaminate the water, Fapovo did an extensive underwater construction but keeps it a top secret. Mortar shellings are a regular occurence and then the opposing side usually sends in commandos to deal with the artillery piece that is causing the havoc. If troops are caught across the border they usually never return to home land.

There are three airports - Ivanograd under Fapovo, Botana (RACS) and independent island serving as a NATO peacekeeping base. All bases have AI/ILS configs set.

Presentation Video

Map
F09BC4F4429F478CECDE5E45A6CF48C9D188A48E

In-game Screenshots

976C3A9D200B466F0F62A876CFADDA7D05CC4522

B31CFEC59ACE4E449F8ECC30161A4F78CEEAB383

0C3AE505C731BA51FD23B73D389A215BB6FEAE57

201D8C4778F0DF89EDAF2EBFA870ADE8A9B66C82

897B765590A31F5719FBE7058B6DDDE489295F7E

Open Issues:

- airport textures need an overhaul

Created by: [SBP]IceBreakr
Bugtesting and Feedback: [SBP]Sahbazz
Testers & bugreports: SBP Team (Slovenian Black Panthers), [SBP]Sahbazz
Special thanks: Bludclot, HorribleGoat, Sahbazz, Mikero for his amazing tools, Bohemia Interactive for making great mil-sim games since 2001!

Download:

Steam Workshop - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1910457930

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Lovely work once again mate! Lil vid:

• Like 7

Very nice.

What are the prospects for setting up a 100 meter pier at Mimi?  The waters there are deep enough to support large ships

• Like 1

I like how you made river with sea level water! I wish other island makers do the same.

What are you doing mr ice breaker? Any developments on new terrain atm?

On 11/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mohsin666 said:

This map uses enoch objects like houses etc or cup?

Both.

Badanov: will look into it. Update coming later this week (if I have time).

• Like 1

As you guessed I didn't have free time, luckly guys helping me out did 😉 under my keen eyes comes beta3 in next day or so:

- added correct changelog.txt and readme files
- fixed: duplicated vegetation
- improved: satellite map quality
- fixed cannot open object ca\misc_fix\str\a_office01.p3d
- fixed: chernarus bug with satellite out data missing
- improved: runways are now longer in order to accomodate larger planes
- fixed: removed Lingor dependency of hotel and dead tree objects
- replaced ruins with correct castle ruins and road leading to it
- replaced building ruins with new Epoch ones from Livonia
- added: makeshift landing strip in the desert or long shooting range (whatever you like more)
- improved: island on South-East
- improved coast and sand textures
- enlarged and completely renovated city Botana
- AI is able to land correctly on the FOB island
- added sawmills
- fixed: black mountain
- several depots in remote regions
- added: border village
- added: emergency camp near flooded village (callname C25)
- improved: runway textures and correct numbers
- improved: new terrain W of Sossana

• Like 6

Map came out of beta5 today and is available as 1.0. Sadly, there are still some things remaining there to attend -> like ILS for AI takeoff/landing, taxiway numbers, new runway textures etc. But meanwhile enjoy the map and some coop/TVT on it 😉
We're playing CrookZ 0.8 tonight with a serial killer, while 2 criminals can assist him and rest 20-22 players play as cops hunting him down.

• Like 5

Roads are in terrible shape. A friend is redoing them so I'll upload when he's done 😉

• Like 2

Today I'll be uploading the Fapovo Island v1.1 featuring:

- roads completely redone (by SBP Team)
- many new details added (by SBP Team)

- improvements to towns

- corrected border shed texture

- added all three airport configs for AI/ILS autopilots
- hospital and many new houses added to Biaboj
- bugfixes

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 8

The flooded town is cool definitely will be making a mission that uses that area

The biggest gift of 2019 for me was finding an unreleased song on one of my backup drives by our late great friend Paul Pelosi aka Bushlurker.

He helped numerous arma players on a daily basis until a cruel destiny took him away in 2017. I've managed to spend a day editing the track and able to finish it for you to hear it for the first time. I present you the release of Fapovo Island 1.2 co-created by several of my guys from the great armaverse community and SBP Team (Slovenian Black Panthers) - guys that share the same passion for weapons, tactics and milsim since 2001. It's been long almost 19 years. I won't be able to give you more community content in next months as I'm fully commited to a special unannounced project I've been working on for the past year or more. Meanwhile enjoy Fapovo that has been created with help of guys and mostly with love for armaverse and you guys - best gaming community in the world by far.

Here is the promised presentation video. Please give feedback on the terrain and video 😉 cya!

• Like 14

Looks great. Hope it will be compatible with Alive Mod soon so we can use it for our missions. Or is it already indexed?

Video and tune go hand in hand together, love the little break where it takes you underwater. A sweet collaboration.

I'm hoping that "special unannounced project" is Arma related. 🙂   

• Like 1

Maaaybe? 😉

I have a lot of things planned but not enough time to actually complete them (join the club, eh?).

Fapovo is approaching 5000 player subscriptions, let other players and teams know about it. I'll release my CoOp pack for it.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is it impossible to see anything as soon as you go underwater?

8 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Is it just me or is it impossible to see anything as soon as you go underwater?

I can see 15/20m away but not further. It's like the north see 😁

Water needs to be fixed. If anyone has a cool config (cyan-ish, blue - clear water) send it over 😉 

5XiA86g.jpg

This bridge is a real pain for the AI.

Just wanted to inform...

Anyway, it is a great terrain to play on...

Yeah've we noticed that with AI car patrols... they tend to get stuck there. I'll tell guys to switch the bridge and do some tests. Tnx.

Muecke: bridge has been replaced by Valar71 with a different one in 1.4. Also guys are working hard on a new section of a map that will be featured in Op. Meteora on Mar 12 9PM CET:
op_meteora_nadia.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Nice stuff Icebreaker and team.😀

Did you get a water colour in?

U have some experience with that! Care to send a config? 😉