Jaime A. Dalton

I need help in a HALO script

Hello everybody, I'm trying to make a HALO script, the idea is simple, but I don't know how to proceed. I put you in situation, I have a script that when jumping from any helicopter automatically adds a parachute to the back, another script that transports me to a heli created with BIS_fnc_ambientFlyby but what I need is that when I'm going to mark the point of the HALO jump I get the coordinates, and that the helicopter I'm going to teleport to appears a kilometer away and flies over the HALO jump point, I don't know how to get the coordinates that BIS_fnc_ambientFlyby requires to make that path. I have also been looking at how to do this not only for one player but for all the players who are in the same small area and so that group in that area go together in the same helicopter, but I can't figure out how to get a list of names/players that are in an area. In other words, this script lets me open a parachute when I jump from a heli (this other scipt is what i dont want, and it has functionalities that I want to apply into my script but I dont know how), to create a heli that moves from A to B I use this other, for teleporting to that heli I use these instruction. But I dont know how to mix all this together and create that area needed to jump all together in the same heli. Please I dont know anything of scripting, I can program in other languages but nothing of SQF. So I'll appreciate a lot your suggestions.

I must say that i am not a pro scripter at all but i have been using this for my Halo missions.

Maybe this you can give you a clue to what you can do and then just Spawn a Heli at players position as the first marker for ambientFlyby and the just have another somewhere on the map.

i guess you have to use the GetPosATL

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPosATL

Or this one does it for you

[getPosATL player, getPosATL "lastmarker" , 400, "NORMAL", "B_Heli_Light_01_Armed_F", west] call BIS_fnc_ambientFlyby;

Edited by Play3r
did just had a look at the flyby_FNC
  • Like 1

thanks, that gave me some ideas. But for what I read is only for Single Player, check me if I'm wrong but if it is, do you know how to implement it into mp? 

On 11/26/2019 at 1:51 AM, Jaime A. Dalton said:

thanks, that gave me some ideas. But for what I read is only for Single Player, check me if I'm wrong but if it is, do you know how to implement it into mp? 

Take a look at post number 3 there he talks about MP.

And in post 4 you get the answer for MP game, I made it work in MP.