Sign in to follow this  
Kuljack

Please remove ability to destroy crate

Here is a perfect example of toxic behavior that results from this option.

The player got themselves stuck (an issue of its own that needs fixed) and decided to destroy this very well boosted crate to spite any other players on the map for their misfortune. 

As a result, a good amount of crowns were wasted and toxic misfortune was passed along to all players in the encounter. We are seeing this more and more, and it feels like bringing light to it has only educated more trolls that it’s an option. The game would benefit from this being addressed. 

• Like 1

Hi Kuljack,

I am normally in agreement with the vast majority of your opinions regarding Vigor. But I feel I must register my opposing opinion on this particular issue.

We have agreed in the past regarding the use of tactics to achieve the goal of escaping successfully with your objectives. Be those objectives specific loot items for upgrading, completing challenges, camping or indeed a certain level of crate to deliver a much needed weapon or consumable plan.

To that end it must remain possible for the outlander who gets the crate to decide on it's fate. I have destroyed crates during encounters, and I will again if circumstances dictate that in my opinion it helps me get off the map with what I wanted out of the encounter.

Example. In one encounter circumstance and good luck enabled me to kill the crate carrier. I moved in to loot him and found he had top weapons and a shed full of fertiliser (among other useful items). I was on the lookout for fertiliser so was very happy with the haul. It was a standard crate and I could look forward to 150 wire, some parts for a Aur and 120 ammo (my last 3 rewards for that level of crate). I went to the signal detector and saw the only 2 possible exits were camped. One not very well and showing me that my usual exit spot was accessible with stealth. I made for the other one, but before I became visible I took the decision to destroy the crate. I then changed direction to the other exit and exited successfully.

On other occasions I have left the crate with the dead crate carrier to facilitate a safe exit, if I am satisfied with what I have in my inventory.

So for me it must remain possible for the outlander who has the crate to decide on destroying it or not.

You mention that other outlanders boosted the encounter. That's always a risk anyway as your never guaranteed the crate when you boost.

In partial agreement with your post, I would support the opportunity to be able to drop the crate as opposed to being able to destroy it, as a tactic for getting off the map safely or for tempting remaining outlanders or campers to come and get it.

Dropping the crate would be a plus but also a negative

dropping would result in another stake out for the crate which in my opinion would maybe reduce exit campers but would make it easier for skilled killers to lure more players to the dropped crate without notice of the crate camper again.

I believe if you grab the crate, you see yourself as a skilled enough player and you should have the added challenge of making it out alive while carrying.

I think I’m skilled enough to grab many of crates and accept my fate either way.

It should stay the way it is.

6 hours ago, Cry2yourMoM said:

Dropping the crate would be a plus but also a negative

dropping would result in another stake out for the crate which in my opinion would maybe reduce exit campers but would make it easier for skilled killers to lure more players to the dropped crate without notice of the crate camper again.

I believe if you grab the crate, you see yourself as a skilled enough player and you should have the added challenge of making it out alive while carrying.

I think I’m skilled enough to grab many of crates and accept my fate either way.

It should stay the way it is.

On this I could not agree more. Making the crate droppable would mean even more exit campers. Even if I agree that it is a valid strategy they kind of annoy me, some manage to camp exits from the start until the end of a match. It would also increase the number of teamplayers in solo's. Not a huge problem but a lot of players can't handle these situations.

The solution to crate destroying players is simple.. Be the first to take the crate.

As for me I haven't destroyed a single crate. However if a situation where in stick with a upgraded crate would occur and destroying it would mean I might get the time to get myself unstuck, I would destroy it without a second tought. 

On 11/24/2019 at 4:02 AM, Oldninja said:

Hi Kuljack,

I am normally in agreement with the vast majority of your opinions regarding Vigor. But I feel I must register my opposing opinion on this particular issue.

We have agreed in the past regarding the use of tactics to achieve the goal of escaping successfully with your objectives. Be those objectives specific loot items for upgrading, completing challenges, camping or indeed a certain level of crate to deliver a much needed weapon or consumable plan.

To that end it must remain possible for the outlander who gets the crate to decide on it's fate. I have destroyed crates during encounters, and I will again if circumstances dictate that in my opinion it helps me get off the map with what I wanted out of the encounter.

Example. In one encounter circumstance and good luck enabled me to kill the crate carrier. I moved in to loot him and found he had top weapons and a shed full of fertiliser (among other useful items). I was on the lookout for fertiliser so was very happy with the haul. It was a standard crate and I could look forward to 150 wire, some parts for a Aur and 120 ammo (my last 3 rewards for that level of crate). I went to the signal detector and saw the only 2 possible exits were camped. One not very well and showing me that my usual exit spot was accessible with stealth. I made for the other one, but before I became visible I took the decision to destroy the crate. I then changed direction to the other exit and exited successfully.

On other occasions I have left the crate with the dead crate carrier to facilitate a safe exit, if I am satisfied with what I have in my inventory.

So for me it must remain possible for the outlander who has the crate to decide on destroying it or not.

You mention that other outlanders boosted the encounter. That's always a risk anyway as your never guaranteed the crate when you boost.

In partial agreement with your post, I would support the opportunity to be able to drop the crate as opposed to being able to destroy it, as a tactic for getting off the map safely or for tempting remaining outlanders or campers to come and get it.

I am surprised you would feel this way given other viewpoints.

Its my view that if a player desires to pick up the crate, they should accept the risks associated with it. In your instance, I may have gone with an exit toward radiation or taken my chances at the exit. I’ve yet to meet an exit camper that bested me when I knew to expect them, but would have done the same as you. I would have walked toward the first to pull the 2nd from their spot and then made a break for the exposed camper.

I would support the ability to drop the crate over destroying it though. At least in your event, you could have dropped it to free yourself of the burden without eliminating others opportunity for the reward. 

This ‘if I can’t have it, nobody can’ mindset is childish. 

Don't misunderstand the reasoning.

It's not a case of if I can't have it no one can, it's a case of assessing the risk. If I feel my inventory offers greater rewards than the crate, and if destroying the crate exponentially increases my chances of a safe exit, then the crate goes.

In my example, I didn't enter the encounter with the objective of getting the crate. However, the crate carrying outlander who for some reason presented himself to my sights had more loot aligned with my objectives for the encounter than the crate offered me.

I assessed the risks involved in trying to take both the crate and a some very good loot and made the decision the destroy the crate.

I would still support the option of destroying the crate in any circumstance, should the carrier decide to do so for whatever reason. The incumbent outlander has fought for the crate and in my view it's fate is in his or her hands.

I support the other comments re the potential consequences of being able to drop the crate and withdraw that thought.

• Thanks 1

I see your point, I think being able to drop it opposed to destroying it would be a happy medium. 

In your example, being able to drop it would only further improve your success of a safe exit as they would be drawn to the crate. The crate is already a beacon to trap players, so dropping it to set up a trap again is really no different then it’s current state. Yes, players could set the trap where they want but anyone daring to risk that trap deserves whatever fate they’re served for taking the risk.