Starker

Help With Vehicle Teleport Zone

I need a teleport zone that will send players and vehicles with players in them to a marker. Players on foot work perfectly with this, but players in vehicles are not telelported when enteirng the trigger zone. There is no error message. Am I missing something in the "Condition" of the trigger?

Condition:

this && (player in thisList)

On Activation:

player setPos (getPos teleportMarker);

(vehicle player) setPos (getPos teleportMarker);

@Starker,

Am I missing something in the "Condition" of the trigger?

You've got something extra.

this && vehicle player in thisList

but if it's just player activated can it not be "Any Player", "Present" with condition "this"?

vehicle player setpos (getpos teleportMarker);

"Vehicle player" will refer to both on foot and in vehicle.

Have fun!

On 11/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, wogz187 said:

@Starker,

You've got something extra.

this && vehicle player in thisList

but if it's just player activated can it not be "Any Player", "Present" with condition "this"?

vehicle player setpos (getpos teleportMarker);

"Vehicle player" will refer to both on foot and in vehicle.

Have fun!

That worked perfectly, thanks.

I stopped working on that trigger for a while and began on another that is also giving me trouble. I might as well post about it here. The purpose of this other trigger is to replace a vehicle when it is driven out of a fortification, through the trigger. This must only activate when a player in a vehicle drives through the trigger. The player vehicle that activates the trigger must not have a unique variable name. This script will be duplicated with modifications in other triggers that respawn different vehicles in different areas. It does not matter if the vehicle that activates the trigger is the same type as the one that is being spawned (it is unlikely that a player will drive the wrong vehicle type through this trigger).

The entire script works except that it will also trigger when a player on foot activates it.

What should the condition contain so that it can only be activated by players in a vehicle and nothing else?

On Activation:

_respawnedVehicle = createVehicle ["vehicle classname", [x, y, z], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_respawnedVehicle setDir direction;

(generalized version of this script)

20 hours ago, wogz187 said:

@Starker
Condition:

this && !isNull objectParent player

Have fun!

YES