Sign in to follow this  
The Dreamer

Player AI Question

Hi.

Bit of an odd question, but I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make the player AI-controlled? I'm really enjoying fiddling around with singleplayer missions but a lot of times you have to go back to controlling the player in order to advance the mission. Is it possible to make the player's character act the same way as an AI so waypoints could be assigned to them and they'd carry those out like the rest of the AI? Might be something that just isn't in the confines of the way Arma 3 and Zeus work, but thought it'd be worth asking since I couldn't find anything else about this sort of thing online.

Thanks for your time!

21 hours ago, The Dreamer said:

Hi.

Bit of an odd question, but I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make the player AI-controlled? I'm really enjoying fiddling around with singleplayer missions but a lot of times you have to go back to controlling the player in order to advance the mission. Is it possible to make the player's character act the same way as an AI so waypoints could be assigned to them and they'd carry those out like the rest of the AI? Might be something that just isn't in the confines of the way Arma 3 and Zeus work, but thought it'd be worth asking since I couldn't find anything else about this sort of thing online.

Thanks for your time!

A workaround would be to use the player only for Zeus and use an AI unit as the main character. You could then use Zeus to control it. 

Or you use playable characters that you can switch between (using default U) although that messes with their AI once you played as them as well I think. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

A workaround would be to use the player only for Zeus and use an AI unit as the main character. You could then use Zeus to control it. 

Or you use playable characters that you can switch between (using default U) although that messes with their AI once you played as them as well I think. 

Hey thanks for your response!

Is there a way for me to make an AI unit the main character when I'm dealing with singleplayer campaign missions without using the editor though?

Apologies if I'm being a bit dumb, you can guess I've not got all that much experience with Zeus hehe.

• Like 1