infinitystonesquare

frequent disconnects

I get disconnect very often even though my internet connection is stable and wired.

Sometimes it takes me 5-6 tries to even get a single game running. Sometimes I get disconnected from within the game but usually I get disconnected in the shelter or while sitting in the lobby, waiting for a game to start.

What can I do to check my internet connection or what can I do to prevent this from my side? Any help is appreciated at this point, even though I doubt it's my connection. Maybe it is a congested server? I am playing from Germany, Berlin.

The disconnects go up to the point where I am losing interest in the game. It also prevents me from buying any coins as getting disconencted that often makes no sense. you boost a crate and get disconnected. Not fun, even though sometimes you get the coins back.

Any help what I can do from my side to improve the situation is welcome. I have nothing ging on, no downloads/uploads, the connection should be fine, even though it isn't. I have a 200mbit down/50mbit up setup.

Thanks in advance!

Well, for modem settings you Will have to login to your modem, here you can try and put the connection to IPV4 as default. I know IPV6 makes more sense but it actually doesn't communicatie/work as well as IPV4 as most devices aren't made for it.

You can try and set your modems nat-type to open. Search Google on how to do it.

However I if you het kicked out of the game frequently, without it hard-crashing (you just return to the start screen), it could be that you try and craft a consumable before it says "item added to your inventory". If you craft the next consumable when the timer is still running the game will crash even if it is at 0. Same goes for trying to craft weapons, but here it also often crashes when you start searching for a match and quickly craft one while waiting for a server.

At first I tought it was some sort of weird duplicate safety trigger, but it turns out to be poor coding. If you avoid these actions the game won't crash in the shelter (at least not as much).

For me the game also hard-crashes far to often when crates get upgrades. Seems like the upgrade trigger is bugged, or server instability won't let the changes be processed. If it makes you feel any better, you are never the only one that crashes. Same goes if your teammate gets dc in duo's. 

You will lose all crowns, weapons and ammo if the server gets a decent host and still starts. Everything will be returned if everyone crashes and the server never really started, or you never  enter the server.

Hope this helps a bit.

I was forced to give up for today. Following the update I couldn't even get to the pre encounter lobby. Every try crashed, sometimes I lost my loadout, sometimes I didn't. Very frustrating.

Spent some nostalgic time in the wastelands.

Will try again in the morning.