Rydygier

Unable to update my Workshop scenario entry - "process failed, called method busy"

Although possible to make initial upload. Using built-in EDEN tool. Result each try, even after PC restart: 

steam-error.jpg

Each try except first one (haven't a screenshot, something about timeout/too long something). Sorry, no more details available. Is there any solution? Something like that was happening to me also earlier, with other projects.

I basically can't effectively publish my work on Steam due to that, only first versions. 

Arma tools' publisher still refuses to update any scenarios. 

From my side the only update, I can give, is that the issue disappeared some time later without any clear to me reason and so far I can publish scenarios/mods again. Although there's at least one old Workshop entry (a mod, not scenario), I for a long time can't update, at least that was the case, when I was trying last time. I was guessing, perhaps Steam's code wasn't/isn't tolerant enough to very slow upload rate, which is my case, and something might stuck somehow due to that. But in fact I've no idea. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, Rydygier said:

Arma tools' publisher still refuses to update any scenarios. 

Rydygier do you not update through the editor steam publisher icon at the top left corner?

I never had issues updating through the editor for scenarios, and i use only the arma3 tools publisher for mods only.

Maybe if issue were to reoccur to shut down steam, restart and try again.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Rydygier do you not update through the editor steam publisher icon at the top left corner?

Usually I do, that's where I got described error - in EDEN. I'm mentioning Arma Tools as tested alternative, which appeared to be a dead end sadly - for some reason this way is deliberatelly blocked for scenarios IIRC. The problem vanished as misteriously as appeared though, currently it is OK. 

Did some research on your error in the OP, and found a thread on steam discussions itself for Arma3, i quote

one of the posters who had the issue and seemed to have solved the problem, poster's in reply to him tried the same thing and had success.

[SqrrlsDn] whitesquirrel Jan 27, 2017 @ 4:59pm 

I got it to work by going to /my documents /Arma3 /Saved /Steam /then delete the save files for scenario.

Maybe they don't cloud correctly from time-to-time.

Idk. but it worked and i can run sp or co-op now. Good luck.

Problem with this, is unless your dealing with the issue currently and try what was done in my quote, we have no actual

confirmation that it works aside whats quoted, so if anyone who has this issue try what i quoted here and confirm if it works.

Hope that helps, Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! Although now, since the issue is gone, I can't test, if saved games may prevent in any way updating Workshop scenario entry. 

I had the exact same problem few days ago, and vanished also the day after. So, probably on Steam side. I didn't have a look on their forum.

• Like 1