Sign in to follow this  
G.Drunken

CSAT ReTexture [ Drunken's Arsenal ]

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the CSAT ReTexture Thread!

qW9jlfU.png

What is this?

- This is a project of mine I started working on couple of months back, but due to recent improvements, I've decided to take a next step and started uploading things onto the workshop.

- It includes different camoed variants of all the vehicles located within CSAT and some objects of some importance, such as camo nets, IR masking tents and tents.

About:

- First started as a small project, if you can even call it a project, repainting the Tempest (KamaZ Typhoon) vehicles. The video above was the showcase I made for it. At first, they looked really good, I just kept driving around Altis, Stratis and Malden, sometimes for hours. And then it hit me in the head "Why not do it for all the vehicles?". And here we are.

- What this addon does is, well, basically adds different textures to already existing CSAT vehicles and objects for different terrains. We're not just talking about one specific color on these vehicles, this is all Hexed, includes 3 different colors per each camo variant, which takes time to properly select each piece and paint, if starting from scratch.

- For now, it only contains CSAT Winter, CSAT Desert and CSAT Black Ops variant. Future groups, such as CSAT Urban, CSAT Woodland and CSAT Marines will be added once I'm done with the first three groups I'm currently working on. ( Lack of time.)

What now?

- Currently working on vehicles and objects. I am in need of templates, so I'm making them on my own. Some templates were used from ArmA 3 Samples, but that only goes for the VTOL and most likely, future content (such as the Spetsnaz gear).

- Infantry gear and weapons will be the next step after I'm done with vehicles.

- Step after that? There's always a chance of combining static weaponry with these vehicles. Would be nice to have a Tempest roaming around with S-750 or Radar in the back.

- Most of the templates are done (over 80%), just a couple more remaining. After that, it will be much easier to focus on the rest of the groups. ( Vehicle templates will be uploaded on Google Drive for others to use and create content of their own, once I re-organize the layers properly. Currently a mess.) It took a lot of hours to make these templates, hopefully worth it.

- If there are any problems with the mod or if you do encounter something strange, please feel free to contact me either via this thread or Steam Workshop, where the mod was first uploaded.

Download:

Steam Workshop

Armaholic 

Liscence:

88x31.png

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

You may not use this on monetized servers, it is forbidden.

You may not reupload this mod on Steam or any other sites.

Changelog

Spoiler

v1.1.1

- Updated CSAT Winter

What's new?

- Fixed some CSAT Desert and CSAT Winter textures.
- Upon requests, I've decided to modify CSAT infantry units, better yet, step up the game. All of the vanilla infantry units received a complete rework regarding textures. These units also include some custom infantry units, but more are to come in future updates. ( I used the ALiVE ORBAT Tool to create these units, it made my pain go away and it was much easier to use ).
- Each CSAT infantry unit has a unique appearance, meaning all of them don't look the same. No randomization included. It took sweet time, blood, sweat and nerves trying to retexture almost EACH item from all 4 groups ( Uniforms, Vests, Helmets, Facewear), but in the end it (maybe?) payed off. The meaning behind it all is deep ( s' what she said...), but you get the point.
- Added CSAT Winter groups. In order to make it easier for Zeus Gamemasters and Editor users to make their dreams come true or cause other players to have a seizure due to the amount of enemy troops and vehicles in front of them, they can now spawn groups. Pretty much a copy-paste of what CSAT and CSAT (Pacific) have, but with a bit of magic touch from me. Groups sorted by Hex, Grey and White ( Infantry related).

What now?

- CSAT Desert and CSAT Black Ops are back in the workshop (literary). The content remaining needs to be finished soon.
_ CSAT Winter might recieve a bit more updates, but it depends on what's missing or what has been forgotten.
- CSAT Weapons are something I still have in my mind, but won't be able to do it alone, nope. Might have to pull some people into this, to share the fame.
- Custom CSAT units are still WIP, ETA unknown.

- If there's something missing or not working properly, do leave a comment in the comments section, or contact me directly on either Steam or any of the other sites.

v1.1

- Updated CSAT Desert group.
- Removed CSAT Urban, added CSAT Winter.
- Updated CSAT Winter group.

What's new?

- Many of the vehicles within CSAT Desert are finished, only things remaining are static weaponry and objects such as IR Masking Tents, Tents and Connectors.
- CSAT Urban got renamed to CSAT Winter and its arsenal got updated. A lot of planes, helicopters and drones got added with different textures for different terrain for the current existing CSAT groups.
- Added infantry units (vanilla organized), for now it's just standard.

What now?

- Remaining content that is missing (mainly textures) from CSAT groups of the First Part, will be updated soon. I am unable to give an approx. date due to RL stuff happening and the amount of work that needs to be done.
- Infantry units will be properly modified and replaced once I manage to organize where, what and why each unit belongs within each CSAT group/subgroup. I will focus on infantry units once I'm done with vehicle textures and start working on infantry gear and weapons.
- Making huge updates is a no go, so I've decided to release smaller updates, that way I'm more efficient regarding the codes and textures, but I'm still organized by what I wrote in one of the discussion topics I've made (the locked one though). Come to think of it, it does need an update...

Feel free to contact me on Steam or Twitter. Discord server will be created soon.

Social sites:

Twitter

Steam

Please do enjoy, more to come! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see this finally getting some exposure on the official forum. A very cool alternative CSAT package. :thumb:

• Like 1

The new textures look good, and your promo video was very well done, nice work. 

• Thanks 1

I'm happy to say that after weeks of working on the mod, it finally has been updated, adding new infantry gear to the CSAT Winter group. Hopefully worth it.

I'll try to keep this activity as a hobby, not as a job.

And to celebrate, I've created a Twitter account to share progress on future mods and already existing ones.

Changelog

Spoiler

v1.1.1

- Updated CSAT Winter

What's new?

- Fixed some CSAT Desert and CSAT Winter textures.
- Upon requests, I've decided to modify CSAT infantry units, better yet, step up the game. All of the vanilla infantry units received a complete rework regarding textures. These units also include some custom infantry units, but more are to come in future updates. ( I used the ALiVE ORBAT Tool to create these units, it made my pain go away and it was much easier to use ).
- Each CSAT infantry unit has a unique appearance, meaning all of them don't look the same. No randomization included. It took sweet time, blood, sweat and nerves trying to retexture almost EACH item from all 4 groups ( Uniforms, Vests, Helmets, Facewear), but in the end it (maybe?) payed off. The meaning behind it all is deep ( s' what she said...), but you get the point.
- Added CSAT Winter groups. In order to make it easier for Zeus Gamemasters and Editor users to make their dreams come true or cause other players to have a seizure due to the amount of enemy troops and vehicles in front of them, they can now spawn groups. Pretty much a copy-paste of what CSAT and CSAT (Pacific) have, but with a bit of magic touch from me. Groups sorted by Hex, Grey and White ( Infantry related).

What now?

- CSAT Desert and CSAT Black Ops are back in the workshop (literary). The content remaining needs to be finished soon.
_ CSAT Winter might recieve a bit more updates, but it depends on what's missing or what has been forgotten.
- CSAT Weapons are something I still have in my mind, but won't be able to do it alone, nope. Might have to pull some people into this, to share the fame.
- Custom CSAT units are still WIP, ETA unknown.

- If there's something missing or not working properly, do leave a comment in the comments section, or contact me directly on either Steam or any of the other sites.

Also updated the previous one.

Enjoy! 🙂

• Like 2

for urban camo you can use the LBV black from russian uniform and black assasin helmet both made the raven vest  (not the granadier version ) for helmet too 

EN3Mu9jXUAMPhOw.jpg

1 hour ago, zukov said:

for urban camo you can use the LBV black from russian uniform and black assasin helmet both made the raven vest  (not the granadier version ) for helmet too 

We'll see. Honestly, I'm not sure CSAT Urban will even have anything special other than retextured vehicles and some infantry gear (the ones that does not contain Urban camo).

I'm trying to find the correct balance between making multiple, solid color variants of one camo pattern, such as what CSAT Winter now contains.

For now, the main focus is on what's remaining in the First part of the mod, Desert and Black Ops. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Hello.

Due to lack of time and RL stuff happening in the background, I've decided to stop working on CSAT ReTexture mod completely. What I thought was going to be something interesting, turned out to be a lot of work for just one guy. For something I wanted to turn into a hobby in my free time, ended up as something completely else, basically allowed myself to work on it without having any kind of fun, which is insane, thus combining that with everything else I was doing (non-related to ArmA ), it was time consuming and too much for me. Most of the time was just retexturing without playing the game whatsoever, which is a no-go. A combination which killed the spark that had me playing ArmA III and retexturing. There are also other reasons, but not worth mentioning.

I'm not trying to make this as an excuse for being lazy as I've really tried the best I could, but I had to let it go. Times where I enjoyed this game were great, but it's time to close this chapter.

The random textures I've worked on for personal use ( mostly RHS vehicles ) will be available soon, either on Steam or this thread . There ain't much to tell about it, but it does contain my proudest work, textures I've really enjoyed working on, as I was inspired by some specific things, situations and so on.

Feel free to contact me via Steam or forums if anyone wants me to pass on the CSAT ReTexture mod files. I don't want them to go to waste. Thank You all very much for your support!

If it's possible, I'd like this thread to get locked. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your work and be happy, you leave a very cool mod in your wake. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, panzergrenadier3 said:

Great work! Are the camo templates for vehicles already available?

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1YIHQ2juMV5sCfEUVEx3oZ10WjVvNvxNW

Sorry for the late response, I've turned off notifications for this thread. This contains all of the templates I've worked on, which also includes BI released templates (some of them).

• Like 4