frogtalker33

Is it a new game for run and gun?

Is it just me or is this a new game? No one is sneaking anymore.. the best cover you have is movement and with nerfed footsteps you collide with other players and stomp on campers. I even had five instances we killed each other the last couple og days... In duos with adr and "suomi gringos" as I call them fighting is pretty random rewarding the aggressors. 

Someone suprises U with gunfire just  run behind two trees or behind a house and hide under a tree or in a bush. They wont find you... New players Will just run past u two meters away if they dont see you while you are moving.. new friends i play with cant even spot the safe inside safe houses because of the (too high) running speed and good Stamina.. is it me or is the maps and game getting smaller?

(Not complaining just an observation)

Game performance is much better where I play in Norway btw. Good job 👍

I was thinking the same thing...

Honestly I've noticed it since they added the 3 lucrative spots, signal, safe, comms. Don't get me wrong i like them!

But since they showed up it was more like.."head for those immediately!" Instead of slowly progressing through the map. I think we should definitely keep those spots BUT NOT show them on the map.

I think that would recreate the "magic" we used to have and could solve the mindless COD running in game..

• Like 1

Yeah good point but my biggest worry is the "lightweight" CoD boosted movement.. they have no fear going for peak rushing (wich they win with) and we/they can reach the safe from anywhere om the map in no time... Unhindered by the enviroment.. add nerfed footsteps("dead silence") and boom!; Apex or CoD playground for kids.

• Like 1

Agreed!

Footsteps have gotten way to quiet!

Just now,

I was laying down not moving and all of a sudden i hear a guy reload directly behind me! 

He walked right up with me not being able to hear any of it... 

Not good!

• Like 1

You guys need to adjust your game volume  settings... I still hear footsteps loud and clear. Not quite as loud but very loud and clear. Tune your settings 

• Like 1

Have to agree with Cry. For a while now I've just been using bayonets/knives during encounters, and foot steps (while running or jogging) are key to my bushwacking tactics. My 1950's vintage eardrums hear them clearly without a headset.

I would agree that outlanders can effect a stealthy approach when crouched and creeping or walking, but that makes sense.

Yeah, yeah guys.. Main point was movementspeed.. most people like it.. but do you know how much you are opperating in the dark.. feeling good but actually not being in danger ever?

I dont want to argue with u.. most shooter gamers loves high movement speed.. I am one of those that doesnt.. not creative and everything feels the same. Like all shooters do these days.

I have also started to play without headsett.. and camping is very easy now.. see your point but no bragging rights oldninja.. Even with bajonett 😉 sorry ✌️(see homades post)

Second or third time U mention sound adjustment crymom.. its already Notes 🙂

I agree more with homemade

Take your point about movement speed. Outlanders can be past you and off into the sunset in no time.

• Like 1

Thanks, I am not really trying to change the game. I thought it was really good... And now it just feels stripped of everything that made it good to make it easy for players that easily gets frustrated and thinks its to hard when they cant get what they want or to do right now..

Alle the best to you guys, players and developers.

I am using the forum for therapy and angermanagement I guess. Lol 😭🤣 (i am such a crybaby) 😭😭🤣🙏

11 hours ago, Cry2yourMoM said:

You guys need to adjust your game volume  settings... I still hear footsteps loud and clear. Not quite as loud but very loud and clear. Tune your settings 

Haha, sorry adjust what? I'm a founder and insider and have been playing since version .5, never had to adjust anything in audio before. Even then there are only 4 settings in audio defaulted to 100.

6 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Have to agree with Cry. For a while now I've just been using bayonets/knives during encounters, and foot steps (while running or jogging) are key to my bushwacking tactics. My 1950's vintage eardrums hear them clearly without a headset.

I would agree that outlanders can effect a stealthy approach when crouched and creeping or walking, but that makes sense.

Again, no offense to anyone but this a suggestions and feedback forum where we oughta be able to let the devs know about issues not bicker over them mindlessly.

Just because you currently aren't affected by an issue doesn't mean that others aren't.

I have never had an issue before the above post and thought that it was worth noting.

I do wear headphones and to hear zero has never been.

Even when someone is prone and they turn slightly too far to one direction... I can hear that from about 5 feet.

I do assume audio glitches occur.

I'm glad to see the vintage eardrums in here! Hope to see and hear you out there!

• Like 1

Absolutely agree Homemade, all opinions are valuable to help with the development of the game.

And it's true, I suffer from very few connectivity and other related issues in my region. Have the odd one, but nothing like the problems outlanders in other regions report.

Not looking to bicker, just sharing my viewpoint and sometimes it's not easy to add real context in 2 dimensional posts.

I'll look out for you. 

Nerfed sound brakes the game.. I dont care making a new post..been  killed so many times today at close range.. lost count.. not much to do.. when people can litarally walk up to you with spam or headshot... And yes I use it myself alot.. easy👍👌✌️😎😎😎😎 (playing duo today)

r.i.p 

this is stripped and finished in the battle royal grinder. (no restrictions what so ever) will still play it from time to time, but grind my base finished Apex-style is doubtful for me.. (I lack the imagination) thats just me though.

I honestly cannot grasp the footsteps problem.

I play with a duo headset, have adjusted my settings and can hear people pretty dang far away. Is this an issue for all players or a glitch for a few?

Might just not be affecting me but I do believe the footsteps are quieter than before the update. But as I stated, I can hear them loud and clear from far away still.

try using your mic for game sounds. I never have sound from my tv.

• Like 1

I dont know cry.. Only thing i do know is that I collide alot with other runners with no sound warning. exposed visual within hugging range.

I think it’s due to you using the tv for sound...

as I stated, I use a duo headset and am always in party. By myself or with friends. I have adjusted both settings for party and game and can hear loud and clear.

try using mics for sound.