Sign in to follow this  
JukeNukeEm

Maps

Has anyone else had the issue that when looking for an encounter, you'll get the same map over and over, I think I got viktorsen 5 times in a row today, then finally got dverg but then got dverg about 4 times in a row before I just decided to pick myself.

To clarify I like just doing the quick play for more random variety but I'm not getting variety, the past 3 days have been 85% viktorsen and dverg and those are my least favorite maps. 

Happens to me quite often, usually in a duos match. Not to the extent it happens to you though.

Hi, I think its because the playerbase isnt big enough so if people want spesific maps we quickplayers fill them up. (It says quickplay not "random map")I play quickplay myself and I am cool with it.. a tip is to choose a spesific map when u dont want the same anymore.. and then go back to quickplay again. My guess is that this will solve itself when the player count goes up.. wich I Hope and want for this game. Just guessing though. 

Good luck

All I know is Dverg Forest must be on "repeat".  I like it, a little tired of it. 

Yeah I don't mind picking maps I just like that quickplay will most of the time switch it up, I guess I just like being surprised lol.

I find that QuickPlay sometimes delivers the same map consequetivly. But like Juke I don't really mind as it's pretty quick for getting into encounters.

Depending on my objectives I'll leave if I spawn into a place that significantly lowers my odds of achieving them.

Yeah, the "walk off" is an important strategy.  I just walk off about 1 in 20 or so encounters.  If I spawn in a remote location with no objective features or lootable areas nearby I will just cruise on to the next encounter.  Three spawns on Dverg are the worst for this, but Valley is not too far behind.  Half of that map is way too bereft.      

Dverg 7 times on the bounce this morning... But 5 different spawn points, so reasonable variety for the encounters. Big plus - knife kill!!