Pyrit.

Get to know - Viktor Jindra - Junior Environment Designer

865254364_EJVwVo9XYAE_l20(1).thumb.jpeg.5a6a87a6f7f37748b23883354f9d0544.jpeg

▶ What do you do on Vigor?
I do them levels. From sketching ideas on paper, sculpting the terrain and arranging houses to placing individual trees, flowers and also bushes (and to prevent speculation ->  I'm not the one who made them bulletproof! :D)

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?
Right now I am working on a cool new map while occasionally maintaining and bug fixing on the current ones.
I also personally make sure the coffee maker doesn't get a minute of rest.

▶ What do you like about Vigor?
The freedom you have at the start of every encounter when you're figuring out what your approach is going to be. Also, the fact you can go in empty-handed and still come out on top.

▶ What do you want to see in Vigor?
Maybe an additional quicker game mode á la team deathmatch... something to soothe the nerves after you get out-camped by some [edited] for the third time 🙂

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor?
One adorable two-year-old emperor makes me devote all my time running a railway operation around our couch for the Little Mole & gang... and occasionally when I'm not doing that, I like to design houses.

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?
As a kid, I always kinda suspected its not all fun & games as it might have seemed to be.
Now I can tell that it is definitely more fun and more games than most other lines of work, though the enormous scope of these projects can be overwhelming at times.

▶ Your favorite games and why?
Half-life is one of the all-time greats for me. Producing custom maps with its Hammer editor sparked my interest in game dev in the first place and no other game will ever have such a massive place in my heart as its mod, the original e-sport, classic Counter-strike 1.6
After some 20 years of playing it and countless keyboards snapped in half, here I am still a regular on my local deathmatch server 🙂
sig.php?player_id=5428390&background=ran

▶What's your favorite music, movie, show, book and why?
Music - definitely my all-time favorite is the electronic duo Boards of Canada
I also really enjoy diving into the obscure subgenres of vaporwave, drone, and ambient. Favorite artists: Nmesh, t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者, HKE, 猫 シ Corp., cv313, Patâgoniå, Sport3000

Movies - apart from the obvious Matrix/Inception/Taxi Driver stuff I also love me some cruel old middle ages in Markéta Lazarová (1967) and for something not so deadly serious there is Sideways (2004) to rewatch once every few years...

Show - trying to avoid the popular ones right now 😄 It can become very time-consuming once you're in... looking at you, Mad Men!

Book - Magician by R.E.Feist

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?
Thank you for the feedback & all the memes! ❤️

▶ You are Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?
I'd have a blast on those empty roads.

▶ Bonus (From Kamil)
If you had to live in a videogame level, which one would you choose?
The Citadel Island (the city at the beginning of Little Big Adventure 2) - it has the best atmosphere of any videogame place from my recollection.

▶ Viktor also has a Youtube channel so make sure to stop by 😉 
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DHBHnqPbPNF0ZmBUwQxhw

Hey Viktor! What’s your inspiration for the level design? Or do you have ideas from certain memories or experiences? 

Nice to meet you Viktor.

Do you place the items inside the buildings? If so what on earth is the book with the picture of an Indian chief on called Rodhud all about. It's in virtually every building and is apparently accredited to a BI employee!

Be better off quitting now mate... since the 1.2 updates the game will go down in flames.

Hey viktor I had a question/request I noticed in grontheim valley in the blue house across from the church where one of the treasure spots pops up that there's an attic area and in the house an attic door it looks like it wants to be opened and closed wink wink maybe have that hold x option I think it would be awesome to add that in I play vigor a minimum 40 hours a week and just thought I'd share my thoughts oh and some bushy beards would be cool other then that vigor is awesome keep up the good job guys and people like secret doors

Edited by Dirty_Pedro
People like secret doors