Maffine

Mf's Heal Abort Mod

Mf's Heal Abort

Steam Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1911813061

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fFjdBu9bp6SfguAVGtfXNPAK_v9n7XwL

Description:

This mod allows you to abort your action when healing yourself using first aid kit/medikit, so that you can promptly deal with it when a sudden situation emerges (like enemies jump out and shoot at you). Noted that when you abort the healing action using first aid kits, the kit you are using will be lost instead of being recovered, so do it thoroughly (i.e. when there is really a necessity). Also do keep in mind that heal abort is not available for the healing action on others. Should be (not tested yet) compatible with multiplayer.

How to use this mod:
When healing, press primary weapon key (default "1") or secondary weapon key (default "2") to abort healing and draw your weapon.

Future plans:
While it is to me that the key mapping is explicit and appropriate enough for any alternative key binding options, if there is really such a demand, I will consider adding CBA key bindings.

License:
Please don't reupload this mod. On the other hand, please feel free to use any segments of my code to construct yours.

Contact me:
If you want to report a but, or have anything that you would like to let me know, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Support me:
Any support will be greately appreciated. Donate me if you enjoy this mod and feel that it worths one or two dollars.
paypal.me/mfhealAbort

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You made my day! This is absolutely awful, great, game changing 👍🤗

(I filed a feature request for that years ago, but it never came...)

One suggestion:

Would it be possible to implement a quick action for breaking the animation, like there is for e.g. ladder climbing?

1 hour ago, oldy41 said:

You made my day! This is absolutely awful, great, game changing 👍🤗

(I filed a feature request for that years ago, but it never came...)

One suggestion:

Would it be possible to implement a quick action for breaking the animation, like there is for e.g. ladder climbing?

Thanks oldy41, I'm really happy that you like it! 🙂

As for the breaking animation, at first glance I am afraid there is less thing I can do AFAIK (if you are talking about a very smooth transition), but just to make sure, after I finish my work I will go check how the ladder climbing works (never noticed before lol) and see if I can grasp your idea. If I failed, I will have to bother you describing how this action you mentioned is like.

And again, many thanks that you like my work! 

17 hours ago, Maffine said:

Thanks oldy41, I'm really happy that you like it! 🙂

As for the breaking animation, at first glance I am afraid there is less thing I can do AFAIK (if you are talking about a very smooth transition), but just to make sure, after I finish my work I will go check how the ladder climbing works (never noticed before lol) and see if I can grasp your idea. If I failed, I will have to bother you describing how this action you mentioned is like.

And again, many thanks that you like my work! 

I was just talking about the UI part, not the animation itself:

When you are climbing a ladder, or near a vehicle you can mount, or near a wounded unit an icon pops up in center view. By pressing the default action key the related action is then triggered.

(UI options allow to toggle, whether these default actions are displayed at all.)

So, analogously, during healing a specific "heal abort" icon could be displayed, and pressing the default action key could be used to abort healing.

But that is not really important. I am already very fine the way it works right now!

7 hours ago, oldy41 said:

I was just talking about the UI part, not the animation itself:

When you are climbing a ladder, or near a vehicle you can mount, or near a wounded unit an icon pops up in center view. By pressing the default action key the related action is then triggered.

(UI options allow to toggle, whether these default actions are displayed at all.)

So, analogously, during healing a specific "heal abort" icon could be displayed, and pressing the default action key could be used to abort healing.

But that is not really important. I am already very fine the way it works right now!

Oh I see, looks like it is another example of Bohemia's poor naming strategy😂For I always confuse the movement of players with the action menu. Both the two are frequently called "actions"

While I am not an expert on actions and dialogs, I would try to do some diggings and see if I can put it together.

What I am not sure is, how am I going to manage it given that I have two selectable actions at the same time. Probably make it into an interactive menu? And do you think I should make the default action key (default "space") available for one of those heal aborting actions as well as the weapon switch keys?

Anyway, thanks very much for your advise! I've never thought about this and it is truly inspiring.

Now do a mod to abort reload animation too 😄 I hate when I'm stuck with a long reload anim and the AI just suddenly stands there, slowly aiming in patient because he know.... I can't do anything to prevent him from doing it...

LJ

28 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

Now do a mod to abort reload animation too 😄 I hate when I'm stuck with a long reload anim and the AI just suddenly stands there, slowly aiming in patient because he know.... I can't do anything to prevent him from doing it...

LJ

You read exactly my mind😆I am working on it now, and also a speed reload extension, though I'm kind of stuck here getting over the animation part...

20 hours ago, Maffine said:

What I am not sure is, how am I going to manage it given that I have two selectable actions at the same time. Probably make it into an interactive menu? And do you think I should make the default action key (default "space") available for one of those heal aborting actions as well as the weapon switch keys?

Thinking twice, I don't believe it is worth the additional effort. It is really fine as it is now.

You better concentrate on "abort reload" (please!!!) 😁

8 hours ago, oldy41 said:

Thinking twice, I don't believe it is worth the additional effort. It is really fine as it is now.

You better concentrate on "abort reload" (please!!!) 😁

Working on it man😉I've already found a way to cancel reload, but it will always end up with the mag that is to be equipped lost. Now I've think of a way or two that can make it possible to get pass it but they are all very tricky and have to take some real testing to get it work.

11 hours ago, Maffine said:

Working on it man😉I've already found a way to cancel reload, but it will always end up with the mag that is to be equipped lost. Now I've think of a way or two that can make it possible to get pass it but they are all very tricky and have to take some real testing to get it work.

Would be cool that when you abort the reload the magazine just drops to the ground 😀