Hello everyone, im new on this website!

I need help on a problem, that I spent hours trying to fix it, but still no idea...

So I'm making a stealth-kinda mission, with guards, alarms and stuff. I already made a Sentry to move into a house, and activate an alarm, when activated, making the nearby guards search for an intruder. I kinda got used to using triggers, but there is something I can't figure. It's the following; So in the base, I want a vehicle crew just chilling with a Sentry waypoint, and a Get In waypoint, so when they see an intruder, they'll use the nearby BMP. So it works well, but i want them to get in the BMP when they see enemy OR when the alarm is triggered. So I can only make them get in the BMP ONLY when the alarm is on, or ONLY when they see enemy... How can a make it both? I dunno if there is still people playing with this game, but I hope someone will find this thread. :) (I'm not from an English speaking country, I hope I was understandable :) )

Hi,

Good to see someone is still playing around with this. It sounds like what you want to do is beyond basic triggers and waypoints. When you get into more complex scenarios all units, vehicles and objects should be named. You need to use some scripting with conditional variables I'm thinking. Have you looked at scripting on the BIS Wiki? There is good information there.

If you're getting nowhere with it maybe you can send me your mission and maybe I can do something with it. You'll need to spell out precisely what you want it to do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zulu1 said:

You need to use some scripting with conditional variables I'm thinking.

Variables are way to go here. You need to set up two variables (one for alarm, one for crew detecting player), which are false at the mission start (easiest way is to put them in init.sqs). Then, in Condition field of a get in waypoint, you check for the variables returning true (or command should work). Now you need to activate those variables - set them to true. You can do it in a waypoint or trigger On Activation field. I guess this part you already have covered.

That's the simplest way I'd do that, and knowing OFP it might not work from the get go, but... at least you should get an idea of what to do.

• Like 1

Wow it is soooo good, I did not expect anyone would reply! Thanks guys, I will try to solve it, and we'll see what is going to happen... 😁😁

So here is what I tried;

The get in waypoint's condition is "getin or biggroupalert" just for the sake of simplicity. On the crew's sentry waypoint on activation is: "getin=true"

(biggroupalert is the alarm trigger's name) But when I test it, when the test soldier spots me, he'll just lay down, open fire, and that's all, he won't get in the vehicle... I tested it, he only gets in the vehicle when both the alarm is true and he spots me. So only when both is true... Ah what have I messed up? 🤔🤣

Without seeing what's going on it's hard to say. You can try to add to soldiers init line {setbehaviour = "safe"}.

The problem, as I see it, would be the triggers. Or rather the simplicity of the triggers.

Try this out. I'm not much of a mission designer, but maybe it'll get you moving. I figure it's better than trying to explain it.

https://dropmefiles.com/YDjPF

On 11/17/2019 at 1:23 AM, Macser said:

The problem, as I see it, would be the triggers. Or rather the simplicity of the triggers.

Try this out. I'm not much of a mission designer, but maybe it'll get you moving. I figure it's better than trying to explain it.

https://dropmefiles.com/YDjPF

Oh no, the link isn't working...

On 11/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, Macser said:

Time ran out on the link.

Not that there's anything fancy about it. But here it is again..

https://dropmefiles.com/rzuxl

Ok, so I downloaded it, it works, now if I have free time, I will implement it in my mission. Aaaand I thought that we (on this thread) could play together with Discord maybe? You guys would be the main "protagonists" of the mission, and I would be just an enemy Russian or civilian watching you complete the mission. Anyway, thx for the help guys, love the community.