Samcot

[SOLVED]Need help making vehicle keep it's engine on.

Hey guys. I need some help with the following, I'm new to scripting so please try to be patient with me lol :)

Here's my situation.

• I have setup UnitCapture on a vehicle to drive my player to a certain point. My player has to first enter the vehicle before I tell the driver to follow the path created with UnitCapture.
  • I made a trigger (Activated by Radio Bravo) which plays the UnitCapture and also tells the vehicle to turn its engine on. As soon as I enter the vehicle I activate Radio Bravo manually so my driver sets off to his destination.
  • I use the following command in the above trigger to turn the vehicle engine on. v1 engineOn true; (As well as a command which plays the UnitCapture)
  • Everything works fine in terms of the UnitCapture but the vehicle automatically turns it's engine off after a few seconds and the vehicle is moving without any engine sound. 

Is there a way for me to somehow to set up a trigger or init script that will automatically repeat/loop the v1 engineOn true; command so my vehicle keeps its engine on for the duration of the journey? 

Edit- I'm also wondering if there is any way to make it so the car following the UnitCapture path moves its wheels? They are currently dragging along the ground making a horrible sound.

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem and thanks in advance for any replies willing to help. 

At start, the unitCapture was made for helicopters. You can run it also for boats, without weird behavior. On the other hand, you experience such bad behavior with land vehicles. Imho, the best thing you can try is to use your recorder points for path with the command setDriveOnPath

To answer you question, it's possible to repeat the engine on, but not very immersive and the animation stays ugly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

At start, the unitCapture was made for helicopters. You can run it also for boats, without weird behavior. On the other hand, you experience such bad behavior with land vehicles. Imho, the best thing you can try is to use your recorder points for path with the command setDriveOnPath

To answer you question, it's possible to repeat the engine on, but not very immersive and the animation stays ugly.

Ok, that makes sense. It's great to know that unitCapture will work effectively with Helicopters and Boats. If your saying it will ruin immersion by repeating engineOn then I'll just forget that idea. Thank you so much for your reply pierre. I'll have a look into this setDriveOnPath command and see how I get on. 

Thanks again bud. 

• Like 1