Dedmen

Arma Zeus Cache

4 hours ago, atomictim7 said:

Think I've found a bug

Yep.. I can reproduce. Very interesting.
Thanks for the excellent repo, I have fix ready but its already too late today I'll release it tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 8:19 PM, Dedmen said:

Yep.. I can reproduce. Very interesting.
Thanks for the excellent repo, I have fix ready but its already too late today I'll release it tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Bug --

Running latest workshop @CBA_A3, @Achilles, and this mod.

Crashes when attempting to use Achilles SelectPlayer "alternate" remote control (the alt+click+click one):

1. Any map, any unit. I used LDF Rifleman on Livonia. Empty mission, only a Zeus and a unlinked but automatically-assigned player in SP.

2. Alt+click+click. Crashes (after camera switch?)

EDIT: I (think) the code for the module that crashes is here: https://github.com/ArmaAchilles/Achilles/blob/f11635ac67e39fb43b28ed3279fc11cd8c64abc3/%40AresModAchillesExpansion/addons/functions_f_achilles/functions/selectUnit/fn_switchUnit_start.sqf

Edited by Whalenator
link to code

7 hours ago, Whalenator said:

Crashes when attempting to use Achilles SelectPlayer "alternate" remote control (the alt+click+click one):

I don't understand how that is at all related to my code, but I guess I'll take a look this evening

Man I love you guys. This bug hunting, problem solving is really fun please keep it coming.

Achilles bug is fixed.
Achilles unassigned the zeus logic, closed the zeus interface, and then selectPlayers into the new unit (atleast I think thats what it does, what matters is that no zeus logic assigned when interface closed)

Because the zeus logic is not assigned when the interface closes, some of my code that makes sure that trees don't end up empty (like the past couple search bugs) i do some cleanup, I could also do it on zeus open but I prefer that to be faster than close.
Now when the zeus logic doesn't exist, I can't do that cleanup, and crash.

Sadly the fix is to move that stuff to zeus open. So you have to live with zeus open being about 5-100ms slower sometimes.

Easy to fix, but still loads of fun. Fix is coming to workshop in ~10 minutes.

While fixing that I broke the "Recent" tab, but luckily I tested it and fixed that again too 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dedmen said:

This bug hunting, problem solving is really fun please keep it coming.

Okay here we go 😉. Opening the curator for the second time causes a access violation and crash to desktop.

Take a look at steam comments, new update broke everyone zeus, after re-opening zeus it crashes with acces violation

Jup sorry guys. I dun goofed. And ofc after that I also don't check either BIF nor Steam comments for 20 hours.

Has been fixed now.

• Thanks 4

My fellow curator used this for 3 hours during our operation on Saturday and had zero problems. He went in and out of Zeus, did Remote Control, lots of jumping around, and it didn't fail him once. I'm sold and will be downloading - thanks, Dedmen!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the quick fix! I brought the problem to you, even though it was mostly on Achilles' side, just to make sure there was no vulnerability being overlooked.

4 hours ago, ampersand38 said:

Is there a way to force a cache rebuild?

no. And shouldn't be needed, so why? Whats bugged?

On 11/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, Dedmen said:

no. And shouldn't be needed, so why? Whats bugged?

Had a couple instances of all Modules tab empty, could only fix by restarting game. Haven't had time to try to reproduce properly.

I seem to have the issue that got patched really early in the development. 

I've been searching something up in the search bar, and then remote controlling something with alt+double click.

Once I get out of the unit, my trees are empty. Not sure why this is still happening as, like I stated, it got patched.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, Hakkem said:

I've been searching something up in the search bar, and then remote controlling something with alt+double click.

I heard that too.
I tested searching, closing zeus, reopening zeus.
I haven't tried remote control, maybe that does something weird.. Actually I think I had an issue already with remote control doing something weird. Will have to re-check that next week....

@Hakkem can't reproduce, I search for "rem", place remote control module on unit, when i go back to zeus everything is there. no problem.

Do you mean the weird Achilles remote control, which also breaks TFAR's direct voice? Yeah that is doing some really weird stuff that breaks all kinds of crap. Considering its kinda replaced by ZEN already, and I don't use it anymore..

I'd say thats out of scope, I already had to fix them completely crashing ZeusCache when you use their remote control magic.

And for that same reason that it crashed, I also cannot fix the search filter issue, at the point where the zeus interface closes and where I would fix search, the zeus logic is already gone somehow, and I cannot reload the tree's.

So I guess if you have to use Achilles, then you have to live with that.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:09 AM, Dedmen said:

Considering its kinda replaced by ZEN already, and I don't use it anymore

Guess I'll have to look into using ZEN for Zeus then! Thanks for the response and bug check.

Hey Dedmen,

Ive been testing around alot with Zeus Cache and i have come up with an issue.
I have found which i presume is a bug. i will explain a little of what happens.

So when in zeus i search for example a heli and then place said heli down then remote control it,
then i go back into zeus using zeus cache and it breaks zeus my not letting search for anything

in the faction that i placed that heli down from. it also only shows that unit i typed in, for example

i search heli it only shows units/vehcles with "Heli" in the name.

I have done alot of searching and testing to see if its mod compatibilities or not and have nothing
so i am here today seeing if this is a known issue and if there is a fix or not.

Thank you

Coleace 🙂

I read the steam comments btw. I'll have to look into that someday-ish.