UPDATE: Mod found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1919803068

Hi, my names Anthrax and im proud to announce the development of my first mod, a retexture of the Livonian Defence Forces to a desert/arid camo pattern, which in my view will enable missionmakers to use the faction and its equipment in terrains outside of Eastern Europe.

dhbRirK.png?1

The scope of the mod is to replicate the LDF Faction for BLUFOR and INDFOR in my geometric desert camo pattern, right now the features scheduled for an eventual release (deadline cant be given at this stage) include: Infantry, infantry equipment, infantry groups, basic ground transport vehicles.

Here is a photo showing my progress with the mod so far, note the LDF Soldiers & Equipment

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.11.05_-_16.43.48.

(Please note that in this image, Render Worlds is used and the lighting in that is not the same as the lighting in most other maps)

woDCXaU.jpg

All uniforms except for CBRN Gear and the Helicopter pilots outfit have been made. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm not familliar with forums but hopefully i'l be able to provide progress logs on this website, lemme know what you think of the mod so far. Cheers 😛

CREDITS

-Avery for providing me the original LDF camo sample and the textures for the modular vests

-The other members of the A3 hub for providing me invaluable assistance with general modding concepts

Edited by R0adki11
removed huge text of steam link
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

An update before i begin work on hats. 

All uniforms and helmets currently implemented now have identical stats to their vanilla counterparts, in the following images, ACE Arsenal has been used for visualisation purposes, on the left is the modded item and on the right is the vanilla item.

Helmet example

unknown.png

Vest example

unknown.png

Uniform example

unknown.png

Thats all for today, i'l be posting another  c i n e m a t i c  screenshot featuring the equipment so far in a short bit. 

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.11.06_-_22.04.30.

Lighting in the photo has not been modified in any way, shape or form. 

• Like 5

Im beginning experiments into applying my Geometric Desert pattern onto the Carrier rigs, It's just a side project and there are obvious improvements that need to be made but its something.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 1

Spoiler

unknown.png

I recieved some feedback regarding my vest retexture, and there was a preference for the right one. (the original on the left). So the Geometric Desert will be implemented alongside Coyote. 

Work has stalled slightly on the mod due to my desire to do other activities following a week of nothing but modding or study, but i've still managed to put some time in tonight to adding new textures and fixing a few other ones.

Hats

Two hats belonging to the LDF Faction have been added in a geometric desert pattern, the Booniehat and the Military Cap. 

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Please note that the textures are still subject to change

Vests

The Geometric Desert camo pattern has been applied to all the vest models, so in addition to the coyote texture you can get the Geometric Desert camo seen in the previous post by me. 

Fixes

The helmet strap textures have been fixed, previously a part of them were entirely black due to transparency issues but they have been resolved on all helmet textures. 

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Thank you for reading this. You can look forward to backpacks being started in the very near future. 

Bags are roughly 80% complete, however i'l only work on the rest of the bags i want to implement when i begin doing the faction configs which is a while away. A dedicated medic kitbag is in the works too. 

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

The compact bag on the right's texture is subject to change in the near future. 

I'l probably upload another c i n e m a t i c  photo in a short bit

• Like 2

nvm medic bag kitbag cancelled for the time being

On 11/8/2019 at 10:44 PM, shadowhunter123 said:

Looks  great, those textures are on point. Well done! 😄

Thanks 😄

There has been progress a few more bags. The Radiobag and the Carryall, both of which are complete (textures subject to change of course). And as with all other items, their stats match their vanilla counterparts

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

I said i'd do a cinematic screenshot so i will in a very short bit

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.11.12_-_18.04.01. 

I decided that the carryall needed some texture modifications before i put it out there, so its not visible in this photo 

• Like 2

Vehicles

Significant progress on the Zamak has been made thanks to DreamRebel's texture templates. All i have to do for the Zamaks is a medical varient and ammo varient but otherwise im happy with the textures for them so far, however i have hit a roadblock trying to retexture the Contact DLC's offroad, hopefully i'l be able to overcome it though. In addition i plan to do a light retexture of the MB 4WD (LMG) to provide LDF Desert forces extra mobility and firepower. 

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Like 3

Im pretty excited to say that i've spent some more time and effort doing the contact dlc's offroad, heres a pic showing it off a little bit

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.11.19_-_15.15.26.

Disclaimer: i did an error with the setobjecttexture for the mainbody of the car, the errors here wont be present on any further pics or release of the vehicle. 

• Like 2

Faction Configs

Using Drongo's Config Generator, i have replicated a good portion of the LDF's infantry 1-1 but using my desert uniforms, for BLUFOR and INDEP

unknown.png

As of right now, the only things excuded from the faction configs that should be there on release include: Cars, infantry with static placeables. 

Have a minor issue with units not having the right amount of ammunition but this should be rectified soon, as i implement vehicles i will probably go back and ensure that my various inheritence classes are working for the helmets, vests, and uniforms. 

Three Zamaks have finally been added, alongside the independent version

unknown.png

Vehicles

Four offroads have been added to the game

- Offroad

- Offroad (Covered)

- Offroad (Comms)

- Offroad (Repair) 

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

KNOWN ISSUES: texture for offroad and zamaks don't look consistent 

Uniforms'

The uniforms inheritences have been fixed, meaning you will see stuff like blood on the characters.

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Like 1

Because i've had some time to kill, i decided to work a little bit more on making a medic varient of the kitbag

unknown.png

• Like 2

Turrets

Every turret available to the LDF has been ported over, as of right now only in BLUFOR however at release the faction should be identicle with independent

unknown.png

Vehicles

two MB 4WD Varients have been added, the LDF doesn't normally have these vehicles however i considered them within the creative scope of my project, and appropiate for a small baltic state to possess.

MB 4WD (AT)

MB 4WD (LMG)

unknown.png

Very good work!
in this image the textures for the off road are too "clean".
why you don't use the "dirty" layer in samples?
unknown.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zukov said:

Very good work!
in this image the textures for the off road are too "clean".
why you don't use the "dirty" layer in samples?
unknown.png

The textures are still very much a WIP,  so once i have time to figure out a dirty layer i will 😛

(what i mean by dirty layer, is that i believe the various imperfections in the texture were grouped inside the details layer, and since im working with gimp its likely that i may have made them transparent)

Edited by Anthrax01
Just an edit for clarification