Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

MP friendly camping/skip time feature

Hi everyone,

I've messed about with a few scripts/addons in my time, but never got the hang of scripting from scratch. I am wondering if anyone smart enough on here has the knowledge to either point me in the right direction, or maybe (if it's easy enough) give me a little code snippet of how I might go about creating this. 

In short, I am looking to make a script that is MP friendly which allows the deployment and pack up of a camp site (few sleeping bags, fire, small tents). Ideally this will be an 'add action' option assigned to an actual object that can be carried by one player, or stored in a vehicle. Once placed, the campsite has the ability to 'skip time' for all players in the coop mission and maybe serve as a respawn point if we wanted to run patrols off the location with a little map marker. 

My intentions for this is to create a sense of day/night progression and build immersion in the mission. For example, we patrol to location, setup camp and wait for day break to attack. It would be cool to have this little extra immersion builder for missions that may run over a few simulated days.

Thanks everyone!

Nick.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Everyone in unison: "Hi, smiley nick!"
@smiley nick,

"... little code snippet..."

It's gonna take more than that but this is a great idea. (such a good idea I just incorporated it into MMF so you can disregard everything else)

skipTime should work as long as it's executed on the server as per KK's note. An addaction for both deploying and collecting the camp-- plus addaction(s) while the camp is deployed, like the time skip. MMF_fnc has everything you need for this project. We would just make baseMARK1 the object in question and add some kind of "isDeployed" variable.

Have fun!

Edited by wogz187
thanks!

Thank you Wogz!

Really appreciate the response and suggestions. Using skipTime on the server will for sure do the job so that's a good cheap way of getting the same results, did not think of that 🙂

• Like 1