lv1234

I feel like I'm not getting the best performance out of this game

Take note that I RARELY play pure vanilla Arma 3, at the most I play modded or at least lightly modded Arma 3. However even with not so much mods, I still feel like my system isn't performing well as it should. In general, very rarely does my game come close to getting 60fps (even with vsync off) and it is uncommon for me to get 50fps when playing unless it is in a very deserted/empty area of a map. In populated areas, I get around 30-40 fps, sometimes dipping down to 25 fps. I'm so far playing at standard settings with some things turned down like AA, bloom, radial blur, water reflections. A mission that I'm playing that shows this similar issue is Pilgrimage lingor with these mod loadouts

So here are the things I have tried so far or have already checked:

-GPU drivers are up to date

-CPU and GPU are not overheating nor having high usage (though GPU may spike up to 95% briefly depending on what is happening, cpu never reaches 50%)

-Modified certain A3 settings:

• Platform changed from 32-bit to 64-bit
  • used -malloc=system 
  • Forced A3 to use 4 cores of my cpu
  • Didn't change this but, unsure if the memory allocator is supposed to be windows or intel TBB allocated
  • Hyperthreading enabled

specs:

I7 7700 

rx 5700 XT 8gb 

2x8 16gb DDR4 2400mhz RAM

1TB 7200 RPM WD mechanical HDD

Playing with a 75hz 1080p monitor

Invest in a SSD, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the gains over a whirring HDD. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EO said:

Invest in a SSD, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the gains over a whirring HDD. 

I already have a 1tb m2 ssd on the way by next week. Hopefully it will make a difference, it probably will tbh esp. the loading times.