Broccoli00

Sound change after latest (major) update

After the latest update i noticed (whilst wearing my headphones) that the sound In Arma 3 changed quite a bit, i don't know if its a glitch or bug but now rather than the sound being 'surround sound' (aka i can hear in both headphones when outside a vehicle), instead now whenever i turn my character left or right, that dictates which headphone the actual sound comes through.

An example would be starting up a helo, yes i can hear it in both headphones when inside the cockpit, but as soon as i get out, i can only head the sound of the rotor blades and engine switching off according to whichever side my character is parallel-wise to helo itself. I know for a fact that this has changed because before-hand it was deafening when one exited from a vehicle of any sort when it was still running (not that its bad at all it). 

If anyone know anything about this or has experienced it themselves a little help would be gratefully received as sound in Arma 3 was one of my if not my favourite feature of the game!

Thanks in advance for any help

26 minutes ago, Broccoli00 said:

After the latest update i noticed (whilst wearing my headphones) that the sound In Arma 3 changed quite a bit, i don't know if its a glitch or bug but now rather than the sound being 'surround sound' (aka i can hear in both headphones when outside a vehicle), instead now whenever i turn my character left or right, that dictates which headphone the actual sound comes through.

An example would be starting up a helo, yes i can hear it in both headphones when inside the cockpit, but as soon as i get out, i can only head the sound of the rotor blades and engine switching off according to whichever side my character is parallel-wise to helo itself. I know for a fact that this has changed because before-hand it was deafening when one exited from a vehicle of any sort when it was still running (not that its bad at all it). 

If anyone know anything about this or has experienced it themselves a little help would be gratefully received as sound in Arma 3 was one of my if not my favourite feature of the game!

Thanks in advance for any help

I don't think the sound has changes, that would be a major change and thats ot happening anymore at this satege of the game. I though somethign had chaged when i tikerd aroudn with setings of my sound chip, particularly virtuel suround etc. A lot can go wrong if you enable 7.1 on a headphone, for example suond cuting sharp off in directions and behind, and overall strange effects with loudness in vehicles. Keep in mind, ArmA sets default sounds to 5 now, but VoN to 10. It helps to revert sounds and speech to 10 and reduce VoN to 4 or less since everybody seems to put their mic on max and scream all day to be louder then anybody else on the server.

Okay cheers i get where you're coming from, but its just that i haven't changed any of the settings at all, i even went back to see if they were the same and they are, but the best way i can describe the sound change is with whatever weapon i'm using. Nowadays whenever i'm reloading i can only hear the sound effects in my right headphone whereas beforehand it was in both at equal strength. I have no clue whats going on but it just seems a bit 'iffy' to me if you get me?!

As for 'enabling 7.1 on a headphone' could you please tell me how i would find that particular setting because now looking back through what you've said i believe that could be the problem as that sounds awfully similar to what i'm experiencing!

Cheers