fortune144

Strange behavior - Problems with sections?

Hey,

i made a british patrol pack in blender. After i port it in the game the webbings are in the pack. What causes this behavior?

Are the sections the problem? Maybe i don't understand whatspine 1, spine 2 and spine 3 is.

ee2cf8c978191ebd5506948a25dccfc5.png

320e8d0f954a36333bc5cb7618707981.jpg

Add the straps to the same namedselection as the buckles (eg. 'spine1' or 'spine2' or maybe even 'spine3' its been that long since I've done character modelling I have forgotten which its likely to be).

EDIT: It could also be a weighting issue 🤷‍♂️

Weighting is the issue here. Backpack might be best to be weighted fully on the spine3 or between that and spine2  

Floating parts like what you have the straps there should be connected to the main mesh so that their ends stick to the same spots whene the mesh deforms, otherwise they will likely never stay put.

The rest should be made to have cuts where the backpacks topology under them has horizontal edges so that you can weight them the same to keep them as closely in position as possible.

You can use Macsers Armarig to test the weighting in Blender. It is quite accurate (though some tweaking may still be required after you see it in game)