On 6/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, haleks said:

......and let me know how it runs.

Like a dream. ^^

Played through to the first relay point, successfully rebooted the relay (although there wasn't any notification that I'd done so, and the task is still active even after rebooting the relay....was there supposed to be a task complete after rebooting the relay?)

Performance wise, the scenario runs like dream, getting very high fps from my system. Saving and loading is working like a charm too.

Gameplay is challenging especially if you encounter scavengers in the open, you then realise how exposed you are. (that NW corner of Altis is pretty barren anyway so those procedurally generated rocks are most welcome for cover.)

Even at this early stage Aradus is shaping up to be a classic especially for lovers of DS, those little touches when Timefall arrives, like your hood popping open to the rapid growth of plants around you.

Your technical wizardry on this project is just amazing.

Other thoughts, during the quieter moments I started to wonder what this would be like played out in Enfusion, it's a natural thought now that it's finally here, but ultimately I'm more than happy to play this out on A3, each Arma engine revision has had it's own "feels" and this project on this engine just "feels" right.          

• Like 1

I've started my journey. Smooth gameplay,  and is very atmospheric so far. Haven't encountered Scavs, only BTs but I loaded myself with chems so I think I'll be good.

Spoiler

h8IrRpJ.jpg

Spoiler

h6Ddtv9.jpg

Spoiler

3nFT8hW.jpg

Spoiler

uenioyo.jpg

Spoiler

Qpi7Idw.jpg

Spoiler

v8YMwz5.jpg

Spoiler

oxvI3iO.jpg

Spoiler

iwlwukn.jpg

Sounds are top-notch as always.

• Like 3

Thanks guys. 🙂 

2 hours ago, EO said:

Played through to the first relay point, successfully rebooted the relay (although there wasn't any notification that I'd done so, and the task is still active even after rebooting the relay....was there supposed to be a task complete after rebooting the relay?)

iirc, you won't have a notification until you reboot all 4 relays, but the task marker should point you to the closest relay that needs rebooting. I'll probably tweak the main objective and have one sub-task for each relay : rebooting them will progressively unlock the Human Activity Mapping feature (right now it's only enabled once all relays are active). The bike, which is a hidden easter egg right now, will probably be easier to find too.

2 hours ago, EO said:

Other thoughts, during the quieter moments I started to wonder what this would be like played out in Enfusion, it's a natural thought now that it's finally here, but ultimately I'm more than happy to play this out on A3, each Arma engine revision has had it's own "feels" and this project on this engine just "feels" right.          

Remnant/Aradus for Reforger is something I've been thinking about. Some aspects like assets and terrain creation will be easier I reckon, plus, I can see a 'shoes wearing out' script, now that the loadout system is more detailed. ^^

Phantoms may be tricky though...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, haleks said:

Thanks guys. 🙂 

iirc, you won't have a notification until you reboot all 4 relays, but the task marker should point you to the closest relay that needs rebooting. I'll probably tweak the main objective and have one sub-task for each relay : rebooting them will progressively unlock the Human Activity Mapping feature (right now it's only enabled once all relays are active). The bike, which is a hidden easter egg right now, will probably be easier to find too.

Remnant/Aradus for Reforger is something I've been thinking about. Some aspects like assets and terrain creation will be easier I reckon, plus, I can see a 'shoes wearing out' script, now that the loadout system is more detailed. ^^

I was just thinking about asking... We'll wait for what ever you decide, cause it's best to not overload yourself. Still, like BI is staying, try it out so that the transition into Arma 4 is seamless! 

• Like 1

What would be the best way to deal with the Phantoms? Throwing chemlights doesn't seem to work that well - either I throw too far for them to notice, or too close to make any difference. Waiting seems to work best, but... I'm afraid I won't get to the first objective before Arma 5 comes :D

Is it just me, or do Phantoms spawn much closer to the player in Aradus when compared to Do Not Linger? I have a feeling that my problem with them is due to them appearing suddenly, while in DNL I was seeing them from much further away (although they do seem a bit less aggressive than in DNL).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

What would be the best way to deal with the Phantoms? Throwing chemlights doesn't seem to work that well - either I throw too far for them to notice, or too close to make any difference. Waiting seems to work best, but... I'm afraid I won't get to the first objective before Arma 5 comes 😄

Is it just me, or do Phantoms spawn much closer to the player in Aradus when compared to Do Not Linger? I have a feeling that my problem with them is due to them appearing suddenly, while in DNL I was seeing them from much further away (although they do seem a bit less aggressive than in DNL).

Yeah they do have different settings compared to DNL - and those may change in the future. They take more time now to notice a target, that's why they have a tendency to reveal themselves at the last minute when you walk slowly. For now, I suggest making sure they aren't actually onto you before throwing anything.

The next feature I'd like to add to Remnant/Aradus would allow you to make it past these close-call encounters without having to just wait for the phantom to move on. But until then, I'm afraid you'll have to rely on chems.

Programming uncertainty in AI behaviour is one tricky thing to balance. ^^'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, haleks said:

Maybe for DayZ SA since that game is more mature? or does Reforger have Enfusion Script which does not exists in DayZ SA? 

Question: the sprint bar after eating Cryptobiotes won't disappear, it just stands there. Is that supposed to be like that?

3 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Question: the sprint bar after eating Cryptobiotes won't disappear, it just stands there. Is that supposed to be like that?

I haven't experienced that, the sprint bar is only active while I hold down shift (sprint key) and fades out a few seconds after releasing it.  

Just to clarify if there is any confusion: not the vanilla sprint bar, the bar from the mod

I'm running only Aradus and Remnant.

KSdx3ao.jpg

It just keeps standing there not fading away.

Hello gents,

I've pushed a small update for Aradus :

* added chemlights to mules loadout and loot caches
* fixed a typo in the 'hunger and fatigue' tutorial hint
* updated 'rest' tutorial hint
* possible fix for stamina UI not fading away after eating cryptobiotes
* fixed fatigue level not updating on the stamina UI
* alternative method for fall mechanism
* sitting down when safe will slowly reduce fatigue

Those are updates to the mission file, so you'll need to restart the scenario.

@RZNUNKWN: this should be fixed now, let me know if it happens again. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couple of observations...

Mule camps, I've noticed the occasional portable weather station can spawn in on their side, not upright.

Mule patrols, while it's very cool observing Mules taking cover from Timefall it would also be neat to see some patrols kitted out with hoods that allow them to continue patrolling during Timefall. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I just discovered this mod. Very impressive work. 👍

Thanks mate !  \o/

By the way, that little MGI_dryCheck function came in handy. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From today's update to main branch :

Fixed: Hidden vegetation would still trigger collision sounds - FT-T153969

Yay!

Not really a big deal, but that's going to benefit Aradus and other missions using similar terrain edits. troppuissant.png

• Like 2