2 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Hopefully, folks will like it. :)

I certainly do!

I'm more of a system builder than a story teller, so it's always amazing for me to see what narratives people come up with when using my stuff.

Feel free to share any artwork or videos here guys, it's the best feedback one can hope for. 😉 

• Like 2

giphy.gif

This was literally the first attempt at recording something from Arma in OBS.

While I have a potato laptop that does not allow me to run the game at high settings, let alone record gameplay, I can use it as an 'interference' from the phantoms (low fps or stutter even lol) 
Here, I just added some effects, and turned out pretty good. 

Basically, this guy was doomed the moment he turned his camera on.

• Like 7

I did something again... though I'll admit, I spent more time on this than on my studies. It was fun. Immersive. 

Spoiler

Yevgeny Grushkov (Евгений Грушков) // The Radio Operator.

Approximately 391 kilometers north-east from the town of Krasnoyarsk (Красноярск) is an old, abandoned Soviet radar station 'Istok-33' (Исток-33) (58°25'09.0"N 97°43'13.2"E). After the fall of the Soviet Union, radar remained in the operating state under the Russian military.

7Pqnbex.jpg

As of now, the radar station is under surveillance and off-limits for everyone due to the appearance of an anomaly of unknown origin.

Anomaly is described as a tall, solid dark, humanoid shape figure, floating (possibly walking, not confirmed) through solid material and around the site. The number of anomalies unknown, but for now it is estimated at least one.

giphy-downsized.gif

When approached, the anomaly is manifesting intense frequency bursts, harmful to the living tissue (hence the off-limits access) but devastating to electronic equipment.

Last records showed that the last of the personnel that had been stationed there were in charge of directing military and civilian transports (air and land) to safe locations when the White Plague went global after the nuclear cataclysm.

The last man alive was Yevgeny Grushkov (Евгений Грушков, 29), a radio operator. Yevgeny remained to the end, directing people to safety camps (358 kilometers north-east of the radar station, 60°53'51.3"N 101°47'49.1"E). What Yevgeny did not know that some directions he gave, ended up in a horrific tragedy, not far from the place people call “Devil's Cemetery”, a place where many vanished and large parchment of land is clear of trees as if they never grew there.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

As of now, our modified antenna scanners are recording massive static noises with sporadic messages recorded in the Russian concealment cipher. Static noise is reaching a peak when aimed at the black shaped figure, and there's a theory that this anomaly might be Yevgeny himself since the voice caught in the static matches his.

c9VsnPG.jpg

NUt8zyD.jpg

Since rumors are circulating that these anomalies appear at places where disasters happened, mass deaths and trauma events, it is possible that Yevgeny is somehow 'attached' to the victims he unintentionally and unknowingly sent to their doom near the “Devil's Cemetery”; a place that locals always steered clear off in a wide circle. Animals dying, people disappearing lights moving at fast speeds, etc. One local hunter said that "Deer are not what they seem..." from that area, suggesting strange behavior in the wildlife. The cemetery remains to be inspected for anomalies.

9b9TQv2.jpg

6ga1xDg.jpg

Correlation between Yevgeny - victims - the cemetery is the message received between the static bursts. 5755 kHz during the day, 6998 kHz at night time. Because of the concealment cipher, every first letter of the word is noted. Message picked from the black figure, or Yevgeny is "Boryana, Eleena, Zhenya, Ana, Tatyana". Whether these are relatives of Yevgeny or not is unknown as no database showed results about this.

giphy-downsized.gif

Each letter of the word sums up the word "BEZHAT'" (БЕЖАТь) which is 'run/flee' in Russian.

Somehow this message is trapped between the bursts, within the anomaly. It is unknown if the black shaped figure is still trying to save the already deceased victims or giving us a warning.

//Bonus//

Sorry once again if my English cause someone to have a hemorrhage. ♥

• Like 5

@RZNUNKWN: Beautiful bit of story mate!

Makes me think I really need to work something out for the spectrum thingy, same for interactions with electronic devices and vehicles!

Funny thing about your post : as it happens I've been considering adding some sort of voice to the phantoms; but having radios or spectrum devices picking those up is a brilliant idea! ❤️ 

• Like 3

Thanks, @haleks! It's nice to see people liking this stuff, I've never done this before if we can call this 'writing a story', but I really enjoy it.

Just like EO said: "entertaining as an actual mission"

I really went into digging, reading some mystery stuff, combining with what I already know, looking at Google Maps for some interesting places so I can pin coordinates, etc. 

Some inspiration came from @Rydygiers Warping scenario which is a sci-fi blast! 
My main connection here is the famous UVB-76 The Buzzer, a Russian military radio station that emits this buzzing sound and occasional codes.
Read this 'Devil's Cemetery' is somewhere in the Krasnoyarsk region of Russia, but I couldn't find the exact coordinates so I picked something that looks interesting and enough to be the 'mystery site'.

And I think my brain is already developing another one.... 

Spoiler

That local hunter wasn't wrong... "Deer are not what they seem..." to be at all.

Source: unknown
be4sDTd.jpg

• Like 4

Hello people!

It's time for a small update; if you guys played too much STALKER and like throwing stuff around, you're gonna love this one :

v0.1.7

New :
Phantoms can be distracted by thrown objects.
"A rock and a hard place" showcase : added chemlights to player's inventory.
"A rock and a hard place" showcase : remaining phantoms now disappear once outside the dark zone.

Fixes :
Phantoms can no longer identify instigators of damage induced by grenades or remote explosives.
Fixed "undefined _offset_n" variable.

That little tweak considerably changes how players can interact with Phantoms, as it adds an "active" way to avoid them. Any kind of thrown object can distract them, so that's a potential good use for those chemlights... Note that this is something to keep in mind while designing your missions : if players have dozens of chemlights or grenades in their pockets, it will obviously make things very easy for them.

The code handling phantoms reactions to gunshots has also been cleaned up somewhat, their reactions are a tad more fluid now.

One of the next updates will add more items to interact with phantoms (I have plans for a "holo-lure" grenade), the "distraction" feature might receive some balance tweaks by then.

Anyway, have fun fellas!

Download : Remnant v0.1.7

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey, going on the subject of detection, think something could be done with Geiger Counters? like certain "Special" Phantoms that emit deadly radioactive waves, walks on the ground, unlike his normal cousins. only can be detected, long-range that is, by a classic Radiation Geiger counter and when "angered" pulsates waves of radiation in a short-range radius. just a thought.

Take it or leave it, boss! It is your mod to decide afterall!

Hi.

I've noticed since you updated recently that the phantoms are attracted to gunfire. They don't need to detect movement just fire a few rounds and they all go to where you were shooting from, like zeds with the vision dialed down.

I accidently let off a round inside a small building, was like o shit, went out the front door expecting to see zeds coming but instead saw all the phantoms bee-lining to the building, as I ran off to the side I noticed they all went in the the building where  I fired the round, and didn't even notice me running away.

I'm not sure if that's intended behavior, but it didn't seem to happen before.

Regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitzee said:

phantoms are attracted to gunfire

I think this is intended, they do react (do a degree as far as I noticed) to gunfire.
Happened to me in the previous versions, I was near a phantom and let off a round, he noticed me.

• Like 1

Thanks for responding.

I'm aware that the ones in the IMEDIATE vicinity would react, but now every one I've spawned in goes to the spot, leaving the rest of the objective area open.

Maybe some code to control their sound detection would be good.

Regards.

• Like 1

Oh, you spawned some. 

I did that as well in Zeus, they just hurled to some point near them, then continue to loiter around. 
One detected me from far away, I'm not so sure what is the catch.

Happened in the previous versions.

Hello people!

Been working on a little something, spotted some bugs, time for an update :

v0.1.8
Fixes :
All sound & particle emitters attached to phantoms are now properly deleted when needed.
Fixed a potential error with the "step VFX" function.

The little something :"Apocalypse Tomorrow"

Spoiler

12AF21A700A5B5AC0283D1CF7DC1F687CEA24542

2CE4F37F656F186D7BFE2BEA81823C86FD31AD7B

07D0AADF67D533CB941518EDF55EC729450A6CCB

21AB93E506DD8545E9BDCF00DB435A740353DF8E

I'm not 100% about the name yet, but boy oh boy am I having fun doin' this one!

It started as a quick random SP mission generator for Prairie Fire, it's becoming something else... Should be released by the end of the month; tension-filled, randomised & re-playable nightmare coming very soon guys! \o/

• Like 6

Another one! \o/

v0.1.9
Fixes :
(performances) Capped simultaneous attacks on a given target.
Fixed a script error with the attack sequence.
Custom init defined in spawner module wasn't working correctly.

The custom init feature would fail if more than one spawner were used (I was using a single global variable to store the module's input facepalm.png)... Now works as intended : you can have phantoms spawned by specific modules do whatever you want to script. I strongly suggest taking a good look at the code before doing so - phantoms are heavily scripted.

Also, Apocalypse Tomorrow is shaping up to be a fun little thing!

Spoiler

Watch out for that guy...

80D92C59386789574FCAE3DBC0BF0DBC4FB517ED

The current prototype already is a lot of fun to play, and shows great potential for something more ambitious in terms of atmosphere... "Apocalypse Now" meets "Death Stranding" : there's room for some good stuff in there.

• Like 6

On 5/13/2021 at 4:06 PM, haleks said:

Watch out for that guy...

Is his name Camouflage?

Looking forward to what you'll come up with - the more SP content for PF, the better! Including spooky super-natural horror!

• Like 2

Another day, another update...

v0.2.0
Fixes :
(performances) Invisible phantoms could affect framerate with DOOMS enabled.

On related notes:

Apocalypse Tomorrow is almost ready. \o/

I need to tidy up some things and do all the presentation/implementation stuff - but the basic gameplay design is done, pretty much. Right now it's a minimalist, infantry focused scenario made to be replayable and for quick fun. Typical playthrough is an hour long : track & eliminate your target type of mission, in a random location, with ambushes and spooky stuff in it. 😉 

Should be released within a couple weeks; with further updates later on to add more variety and dynamic mechanics.

Also, I've been messing around with a few ideas lately, some of which might make their way as new features for Remnant...

- The first one is a scripted headlamp to help detect phantoms. The initial goal was to emulate the "odradeck" from Death Stranding but, hmm, let's just say we're not there yet. tired.png

For now it's gonna be a simple headlamp that switch colours and make noises when looking at a phantom.

Spoiler

9E4702054AD9207E8BCA7C9282B07B1E8A1CF2DD

2DE9B439128DE3A13596BDFE9E5B321873D87D21

- Aaaaaand a Timefall script! troppuissant.png

Purely cosmetic right now. I've been kinda obsessed by the way Timefall accelerates the growth and death of plants around the player in Death Stranding, and attempted a few emulations of that feature in the past, with mild results. However, the recent introduction of new script commands in Arma 3 added a lot of fun possibilities... It's very early WIP, but it is kinda eerie already to see them flowers wither away around you as you hear phantoms growling in the rain...

• Like 5

New module done and implemented in the dev build : the "OdraCam".

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

That little thing works surprisingly well! \o/

No UI stuff, just lights and sounds to signal nearby phantoms - best used in the dark with invisible phantoms. 😉 

I think I'm going to add a new SP scenario to the mod to showcase the odracam, something 100% vanilla, no DLC.

Prepare to make a delivery on Malden...

Spoiler

The terrain has received the "post Death Stranding" treatment.

E5D5F16AAD1ACB6E0AA6909AF80D89C176DB2DE2

0C51294C281DAFE32B6D7F508F999B2239674764

583174F604661E64F3F49370E5ADF543ACF18214

89178DD3CE98D6C945FC9ABA3CC2AD08A805617A

• Like 6

4 hours ago, haleks said:

New module done and implemented in the dev build : the "OdraCam".

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

That little thing works surprisingly well! \o/

No UI stuff, just lights and sounds to signal nearby phantoms - best used in the dark with invisible phantoms. 😉 

I think I'm going to add a new SP scenario to the mod to showcase the odracam, something 100% vanilla, no DLC.

Prepare to make a delivery on Malden...

Reveal hidden contents

The terrain has received the "post Death Stranding" treatment.

0C51294C281DAFE32B6D7F508F999B2239674764

583174F604661E64F3F49370E5ADF543ACF18214

89178DD3CE98D6C945FC9ABA3CC2AD08A805617A

This some great stuff, Boss!

But what about those with SF Operator gear like from USP??? Or an RHS helmet. Fighting Phantoms, Zombies, Russians, and Bandits all on the same map?

Hey, man! (Read it in the voice of Ravage A.I.)
With the latest cDLC adding Vietnam stuff and knowing you like sci-fi and all that, I wanted to ask:
Have you heard about the River God?

• Like 1

Jesus...

I'm doing a proper intro for the new showcase; it's taking more time than I thought.

But it should be worth the effort...

Spoiler

...there's a Voidout in it :

AA67F9A8DC0B0FF360E0D9F6CFA209EF85B6C410

95F87379AB6DFCAA961A6A8E966F30B58660786D51C81973784462D534BF7A81FA4F7DA7786B1E34

4 hours ago, gaverio said:

Hey, man! (Read it in the voice of Ravage A.I.)
With the latest cDLC adding Vietnam stuff and knowing you like sci-fi and all that, I wanted to ask:
Have you heard about the River God?

Yeah, I remember loving the premise, although the film itself was a bit disappointing. The footage in the first 3 minutes is absolutely amazing though! That stuff would look spectacular in Arma...

• Like 1

That picture sequence is phenomenal mate, don't know how you managed it but that's some amazing work right there, my Odradek is spinning rapidly. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

So, is Ravage replacing Derelict or do I still need to use it if I want Vanilla maps to not have lights on and have buildings be abandoned?

(if so, Derelict would benefit from inclusion of Malden as well)

16 hours ago, bars91 said:

So, is Ravage replacing Derelict or do I still need to use it if I want Vanilla maps to not have lights on and have buildings be abandoned?

(if so, Derelict would benefit from inclusion of Malden as well)

Wrong thread. 😉 

But to answer your question : the 2 mods have different approaches. Ravage uses a script to modify any terrain, whereas Derelict is just a config replacement for structures.

If a terrain uses nothing but structures supported by Derelict, then it's better to use it - only use the Ravage module for terrains with non-Altis/Stratis objects.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, haleks said:

Wrong thread. 😉 

But to answer your question : the 2 mods have different approaches. Ravage uses a script to modify any terrain, whereas Derelict is just a config replacement for structures.

If a terrain uses nothing but structures supported by Derelict, then it's better to use it - only use the Ravage module for terrains with non-Altis/Stratis objects.

Wrong thread indeed... 😑

I am using Ravage stuff and Derelict was a possible addon to make Altis look, well, derelict.

But as I understood, Ravage already does that anyway, and on any terrain it's placed. So i'll skip Derelict and go with Ravage only.

Thanks for the clarification 🙂

Edit: was also testing out Remnant, hence the thread mess-up \

• Like 1

And there we go, Remnant v0.2.1 is released! \o/

v0.2.1
New :
2 modules : Odracam & Timefall
New Showcase Scenario : "do not linger"

Fixes :
VFX related error
Movcheck error causing excedent VFX
Fixed undefined variables

I think Remnant finally has a proper showcase with "do not linger" - I'm quite happy with it, especially for something I wanted to do in under a week!

I did have a bit of a setback though : the original version featured a completely vegetation-stripped Malden, which did run great and gave an amazing atmosphere. The save system however doesn't handle that stuff very well... While the engine can hide all vegetation, spawn wrecks and destroy entire cities in a few seconds, removing trees alone is enough to crash a save. I had to dial back that feature a bit; still, I reckon you guys will love taking a stroll on that version of Malden.

Have fun everyone!

Remnant 0.2.1

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

• Like 4

That Odracam is actually really neat!

I did try it out:

-cosplaying as SCP w CUP gear

-CUP Sahrani

-coop

-at night

-invisible ghosts

-Ravage zombies

-Drongo's Map Pop (CUP SLA)

The only real issue was the lack of No Spawn Area module like there is for Ravage.

• Like 1