So awesome to see this finally released to the masses, I've really enjoyed the Patron ride on this one, it's evolved into something really cool....oh, chucked a few Steam Awards your way, Michelangelo and Mad Scientist sum you up pretty well. :icon_biggrin:

Is there a way of globally disabling randomized facewear? Or from the spawn module's int? The phantoms seem to all be spawning with balaclavas from certain mod.

9 hours ago, snackynak said:

Is there a way of globally disabling randomized facewear? Or from the spawn module's int? The phantoms seem to all be spawning with balaclavas from certain mod.

Which mods are you using?

Yuemod balaclavas are what are spawning on the phantoms, Yue’s mod has a tendency of showing up as random facewear for other mods as well, but I haven’t experienced it with any of the zombies or ravage mods.

Hey @Haleks, can you provide some clarification on the tooltips for the spawner module? It says that you can have the phantoms only spawn using rain > 0.3, but from my testing, the phantoms do not spawn. I'm hoping that you can expand on this so I can have the Death Stranding effect of phantoms only spawning when it rains

8 hours ago, Rocketeer097 said:

It says that you can have the phantoms only spawn using rain > 0.3, but from my testing, the phantoms do not spawn. 

Not trying to cast doubt on your findings but I can successfully spawn Phantoms using the rain command in the Condition field, a lot will depend on your weather settings and having an clear understanding on how the weather system functions in A3, never expect instant results while doing any weather related testing in the Editor, you need a little bit of patience.

Without trying to overcomplicate things that example of rain > 0.3 equates to greater than 30% rain strength in the Environment setting, so 0.4 = 40%, 0.7 = 70%, 1 = 100% etc.

(It's also worth remembering if your using rain for any tasks: Minimum overcast needed for rain in Arma 3 is 0.5.)

A little visual example...

@haleks what's with all the reports about headgear spawning on Phantoms? I have never seen that in any iteration thus far, granted I don't use a lot of gear mods but still...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:02 PM, EO said:

@haleks what's with all the reports about headgear spawning on Phantoms? I have never seen that in any iteration thus far, granted I don't use a lot of gear mods but still...

I don't know for sure... I'm fairly certain everything is properly configured in Remnant (if it weren't we would see vanilla headgear popping up as well). I'll have to take a look at the possible culprits, but I'm guessing they rely on scripts rather than correctly configuring that stuff...

• Like 1

DOOMS is soooo damn cool...

When DOOMS is enabled players can see Invisible Phantoms while staying still.

• Like 4

Working on a little something that will turn bushlurker's Island 51 into Iceland - eerrr I mean North America!

AF54FC5AFC890C5D7A60776CBF400DEA05B480E8

A0C90F43818074336975B2721547A1167F8C8758

The vegetation is from a personal addon though.

• Like 3

Hello people!

I've pushed a couple updates :

v0.1.2

New :
Phantoms are available in 3den Editor (CIV/Remnant).
Adjusting their altitude determines how high above ground they float.
Phantoms will treat all waypoints, except "HOLD" and "GUARD", as "MOVE" waypoints.
"HOLD" and "GUARD" waypoints prevent Phantoms from wandering around.
The waypoint "SPEED" attribute will affect the Phantoms movements.
Added Zeus support for Phantoms (don't forget to add "Remnant" in the Manage Addons module).
Zeus can edit Phantoms altitude, direction and position.
The altitude of Zeus-placed waypoints will auto-adjust to allow Phantoms to complete them.
Added editor preview pictures for Phantoms.

Fixes :
Minor fix to the demo mission.

v0.1.1
Fixed locality issue with damage VFX.

V0.1.2 brings support for both 3den and Zeus : keep in mind that Phantoms are piloted by Agents, so there are limits to what can be modified and how they behave regarding waypoints. That being said, their implementation in 3den/Zeus will most likely evolve over time, but I think the current system will work well enough for mission makers and game masters. Let me know of any issues, and have fun guys!

Download : Remnant v0.1.2

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A look into the future...

46621F5CA9175F47632FC35DEDD498C005EB279A

Spoiler

F4FDB80F6541CCAAC0F3E48596A7307292C9287F

FEDD898C6CBBF98B6429C3A410366C4DC068FB9C

I'm working on a terrain expansion for Remnant, based on Island 51 by the late Bushlurker. It's very much WIP, but so far the plan is to deliver a "death stranded" version of the terrain, along with dedicated missions.

It's amazing how well Island 51 works as a DS terrain with just a few tweaks : the above screenshots are from a version using custom configs for clutter and environmental sounds, plus some scripted VFX for that rainy fog on that last shot; it feels out of this world already... bave.png

• Like 2

Tiny update :

v0.1.3
Vision Modes Support and DOOMS are disabled in MP until fixed.

I knew those features could be problematic in MP, since there is no easy way to make a unit invisible locally without using the hideObject command (which disable collisions and damage, so that's a no go).

Being able to see a phantom locally or to shoot at it while it's invisible probably are the most important features in MP, so this one will be fixed ASAP.

...and I think I just found a proper solution, expect another tiny update soon! \o/

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Remnant v0.1.4 is out!

v0.1.4
New :
Added a Loiter option to the Spawner module.

Fixes :
Vision Modes Support and DOOMS fixed and added back to multiplayer.
Phantoms will only reveal themselves if they're certain they've found a target.
Tweaked phantoms reaction when hit.
Minor fixes to phantoms AI functions timers.
Fixed : editor placed Phantoms with no waypoints felt compelled to continuously move forward.

I finally managed to fix locality issues with Phantoms visibility, and both DOOMS and Vision Modes Support have been added back in MP. Quick note for mission makers : "loiter" is ON by default for editor placed units; it can be disabled with

this setVariable ["_wander", FALSE];

Have fun people!

Download : Remnant v0.1.4

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

• Thanks 2

I played the mission, I'm blown away... Masterpiece. 

I only wish I had some time to create some atmospheric music related to floating phantoms and gloomy weather that surrounds the player.

There's an inspiration for me in this mod; just laying in the grass, observing the black floating humanoid shapes, wondering what happened to them, what was the cause of their death and where, did they suffer, did they felt pain, did they lost someone...

• Like 3

One last for this week! 

v0.1.5
Fixed phantoms spawn process in MP.

The next release from me will most likely be the alternative version of Bushlurker's Island51, future demos wil probably take place on that terrain.

• Like 3

Phantoms and their footsteps. I see a phantom from 30+ meters away and its footsteps sound like it is almost near me. 

The other sounds it makes are okay. It's a bit disorienting and throwing me under panic mode sometimes.

ps. I just threw the default Remnant settings into Dust mission and it's a Hell on Earth game. I love it.

Spoiler

Despite the effort to contain the spread of phantoms, civilian explorers caught photographs of these appearances as well.

There are rumors circulating that these phantoms appear around places that were once battlefields or places where mass-trauma events happened. Stories that are told among locals is that these are souls of the dead that have been killed or died at these places. Some say that these are angels despite their complete black appearance, and the reason they are killing is actually a form of 'purging'. Other people suggest that phantoms are evil spirits killing everything they encounter.

These are rumors nothing more.

The provided picture shows a phantom floating around a deserted military station, with what appears to be a pair of wings behind its back.
Many anomalies within pictures are present and it is hard to distinguish what is what, due to the interference and the unknown nature of the phantoms.

dYv7KQY.jpg

Unfortunately, many people (both military and civilian) didn't survive their encounter with phantoms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Phantoms and their footsteps. I see a phantom from 30+ meters away and its footsteps sound like it is almost near me. 

The other sounds it makes are okay. It's a bit disorienting and throwing me under panic mode sometimes.

Please, leave it as it is! Phantoms loud footsteps quite often made me notice them, and saved me from being eaten alive. :hehe:

Eaten, or whatever those demented things do to people!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix one last issue with Remnant : I'm told there're problems with Phantoms spawned via Zeus in MP. Since I'm unable to reproduce said issue as a local host, I'd like to know if anyone has a dedicated server I could use to conduct more tests? If you do, feel free to send me a PM; I reckon I won't need more than 3 hours to do my stuff. 😉 

• Like 1

Tiny update :

v0.1.6
Fixes :
Variables broadcast when necessary.
Fixed undefined variables.
Variables clean-up upon phantom deletion.
Phantoms would sometimes focus on dead targets and ignore alive ones.
Phantoms prioritising of targets when fired upon.

That should fix any issue related to locality in MP, including for Zeus.

• Like 3

Spoiler

// Pictures from an unknown source. //

The provided pictures are taken in Mongolia, in the steppes between the town of Choibalsan (Чойбалсан) and Chinese Hulun lake. In the pictures, you can see a crashed, with rust already settled in, military Mongolian Mi-8 that was carrying Mongolian civilians from the steppes at the beginning of a White Plague crisis. Graves nearby are from the victims of the crash.

Shortly after this incident, rumors began to circulate in nearby towns and settlements of black figures appearing and disappearing near the crash site. Distant strange sounds, vibrations, and interference with electronics, all these things invoked fear into many, while others dared to venture near. 

There are speculations that the black figures were there before the crash. People are linking this event to the so-called Mothman, an unknown entity firstly reported in Point Pleasant, West Virginia on November 15, 1966.

B5tg1xd.jpg
Crashed Mongolian Mi-8. Note at the left entrance door is a tall human-shaped figure. This image sustained burns from an unknown heat source, it was taken years after the accident.

Fb8VXcM.jpg

Due to unknown interference, this image is heavily distorted, however, a black human shape can be seen floating in the air near the graves.

How and why this helicopter crashed remains unknown, there are no indications of sabotage. This was in the early stages of the White Plague crisis but nobody could foresee that the plague was spreading so fast. Samples of blood from the bodies later confirmed that the virus was present within some of the victims and some theories about the unrest or fear from the plague rose up during the flight that caused the havoc and crash.

PROXSJO.jpg

Black-figure near the helicopter wreck. Even from a distance, there is still interference occurring with the camera and other electronic equipment.

Supposedly, this Mothman entity appears near places where a disaster or incident is about to happen or happened.
There were no survivors from the crash as the helicopter plummeted from 1,200 meters straight into the ground killing everyone on board. No distress calls, no black box recovered, to this day, the crash of Mongolian Mi-8, full of civilians, remains a mystery. 

I apoligize in advance for grammar/spelling mistakes and if my English gave you a stroke while reading it.

• Like 2

@RZNUNKWN Your words and pictures are just as entertaining as an actual mission, having just recently finished Simon Stålenhag's trilogy of narrative art, (highly recommended) your last couple of posts conjure up a similar feeling. :rthumb: 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, EO said:

Simon Stålenhag's trilogy of narrative art

This is amazing, it is like, Stalker + War Of The Worlds + artist Jakub Rozalski with his huge war machines, that was my first impression looking at the trailer on the Kickstarter. Impressive! 

I have a couple of more ideas that I plan to write and post here. I get inspired, take a few screenshots, and write something interesting. Hopefully, folks will like it. :)

• Like 2