* W.I.P Thread

18447a770cc019c28d32ecdedc3cebf2.jpg

MyST is a new project stemming from many inspirations, from the good old STALKER games to more recent sci-fi titles such as Death Stranding.

This is a work-in-progress endeavour, and both scope and releases will gradually evolve over time : very much like Ravage, it will start "small" and grow up... And hopefully provide fun and appealing ways to play Arma 3!

Premise

With this project, I want to take a slightly different route for the sandbox & survival style. Arma 3 is a great platform for survival & zombies scenarios, but its near sci-fi context is often at odds with our usual idea of what it will/should be like. The idea behind MyST is to make the best of both worlds, and to propose an alternative take on the "end of the world", more grounded in science-fiction and technology (and a bit of paranormal too!).

Release Plan

Tools First : MyST will be very similar to Ravage in design, providing ready-to-use modules for mission making. Those modules will include spawn systems, random objectives generators, light survival mechanics, but also less orthodox, immersion-based tools.

The Endgame : The mod will most likely include a simple free roaming scenario to showcase new features as they're added along, but the ultimate goal is to assemble an interesting premise with room for both "classic" Arma gameplay and new ways to challenge the players. MyST will offer sandbox and objectives-based scenarios for both SP and MP.

W.I.P Features

*The Phantoms

Spoiler

Forget about zombies, really... And brace yourself for a new foe : invisible most of the time and able to walk through walls, Phantoms are nightmarish entities haunting the Surface.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Phantoms are believed to be one of the many consequences of a global extinction event of unknown nature. Along with other unexplained phenomenons, their widespread presence turned the Surface into an inhospitable wasteland, forcing survivors to hide in underground vaults.

More details coming soon. 

*Dynamic Tasks

*New Factions

*Paranormal Events

More Coming Soon...

Special Thanks

This project would be stuck in a temporal loop if not for the help of my supporters on Patreon - thank you guys!

And of course a big shout out to the broader modding community for sharing knowledge and tips.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Anything that references Death Stranding.....i'm all in. :thumb:

• Like 2

Oooohhh following this! 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snackynak said:

Will this include alien encounters from the contact dlc?

Although the premise has room for an alien origin story, I want this to be accessible to everyone - the mod won't use anything that's not part of the base platform.

You won't see alien entities in a typical MyST scenario, but it will be pretty easy to add them into the mix with the editor modules if you want to design your own mission. It should work pretty well in combination with my Invaders mod or my Contact mod. 😉 

• Like 3

I'm thinking the Phantoms as an adversary will satisfy the inevitable post Death Stranding Arma itch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, EO said:

I'm thinking the Phantoms as an adversary will satisfy the inevitable post Death Stranding Arma itch.

Haha, yeah! In fact I'm probably going to tweak them to make them more "DS like" : the "stay still if you wanna see them" mechanic is just so brilliant! ❤️ 

• Like 2