Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Knife/Bayonet Lag?

Just had a really good knife fight on Viktorsen.

Half way through couldn't strike with the knife. Is it server lag, a glitch?

I thought it may have been because I accidentally changed to left hand, but on reviewing the clip, I don't believe it was.

Anyone else had this issue.

I do not think that I have seen this issue mentioned anywhere recently.Would be a huge help if we had some kind of repro/more info. 

Unfortunately I deleted the clip. I don't tend to save them if I lose!

During the engagement my opponent, who also had only a knife, ran for it. I caught him close to the rail car which usually has a couple of bags of fertilizer on. When I tried to use the knife the RT button had no effect. He made off and while I was trying to figure out what went wrong, another outlander' appeared and despatched me with a pistol.

I generally enter encounters with a knife/bayonet, and have never previously experienced that effect.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:11 AM, Pyrit. said:

I do not think that I have seen this issue mentioned anywhere recently.Would be a huge help if we had some kind of repro/more info. 

Hey Pyrit, thank you for your presence here. I have posted a video on reddit regarding this and will continue to collect video of this.

I have the x5 and x10 melee challenges, and have been working to capture footage of each fight when my loss/failure is a result of the melee jamming up. I have deleted a few as they didn’t capture the moment but there will be plenty for research after tonight. GT Kuljack if you wanna check them out over Xbox clips 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the solution to this bug is to have another weapon, and swap to it. Then swap back to melee. I just recorded two kills from tonight that are uploading, the first kill I got jammed and used this to fix it, was lucky to get that kill as he ran right back into my melee. Second kill was just straight up luck to stalk him into the perfect corner. Now I have my HBAR plans and can casually work toward the other 8 more kills 🙂 Happy Dance for finding the workaround until it’s fixed.

10 hours ago, Cry2yourMoM said:

Didn’t kill me kuljack hehehe. 😜

I am one of the lucky ones I guess...

Haha, no I did not. The that was early in my efforts, I am much less reckless when working on melee kills. Maybe next time 😉

• Like 1

The issue for me is similar to the flinch mechanic for being shot.  Once you get stabbed by another player or shot by certain guns (grease gun is the worst right now) I have to switch weapons like mentioned above to melee again.  The swap does seem to work though.  Its worse if I try to melee with a gun...then I just cant ever melee again if its the only weapon I have. 

Hi Pyrit,

The video posted by Kuljack shows exactly what happened to me.

To be fair it's only happened the one time, and have made a few knife kills since with no issues.