Hello everyone,

The BOXER project started out as a mod for a previous mil-sim unit I was in. It unfortunately was never finished. I have decided to try and finish it and release it. I think it is one of the best looking APC's used today and with the UK having rejoined the Boxer project in 2018 for use as their new mechanised infantry vehicle for Army 2020. I believe the Boxer will fill a gap missing in British Army vehicles for Arma. Plus other nations use this vehicle.

Planned Features - 

- Multiple variants of the BOXER (APC, IFV, Ambulance, Command etc.)

- Full 3D interior with turn out positions

- Different textures for other nations that use the Boxer

Below are pictures of the old High poly model I made about a year ago. I am currently remaking vehicle from the beginning as there are parts I made really badly and my 3D modelling skills have improved since I first made this. Then I will look at making the Low poly and texturing. 

DEYDiut.png

rWeVA0W.png

vqr9Tjd.png

I will try and post regular updates, but it might be a bit intermittent at first as real life comes first and my job is quite busy atm.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

I hope that the project is completed and not after bar months in the green like many other boxers projete 😉

• Like 2

On behalf of an Australian Army milsim group we'll be watching its development with much interest. Thank you for reprising the project.

• Like 3

Pure badassery. It will be an awesome addition to BW and UK mods.

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Scorchuk said:

Hello everyone,

I think it is one of the best looking APC's used today 

Hi, Completely agree and wish you the best of luck ! 👍

Hey fellas just tell me....Tell me Who's the Boss? 

QZv9qhj.jpg

And now that you're at it, Is there any possible way for you to go for modeling those water bottles in pic below too?!  :icon_cool: :rthumb: (jk)

73gpwM3.jpg

• Like 3

This will be a great addition to the LLW mod aswell!

PM me. There is some great firsthand knowledge in our team.

UPDATE #1

Hi everyone,

After getting Christmas & New Years out the way, I have started working on the Boxer again. This update though will be about what I had done up till Christmas. Before Christmas I was remaking the exterior model of the boxer it is mostly complete apart from the top of the mission module and a few other details.

NzdsoYf.png

wU8PcgT.png

The part I most happy with is the back of the boxer. I was the one part of the Boxer that I hated making on the old boxer that I couldn't get it to look right. 

On the old Boxer mod I only made the model for the exterior and other members of the mod team made the interior and textured the model, with this one I doing all of it myself. Before Christmas I had started teaching myself substance painter and began texturing parts of the boxer I had finished and was happy with as a test. Such as the wheels and the side of the mission module

4xoibAK.jpgAhGfXqY.jpg

w1NzJTC.jpgw1NzJTC.jpg

When I showed a Friend what I had done he asked me could I texture the side so it looked the the British at birth boxer.

Ky2JXYw.jpgqUsK2iT.jpg

• Like 13

Keep up the great work mate. Hopefully you might see it in your heart to include an Australian cam, but regardless getting the vehicle will still be a good day 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anfo said:

Keep up the great work mate. Hopefully you might see it in your heart to include an Australian cam, but regardless getting the vehicle will still be a good day 😄

I’ll see what I can do. I am planning on doing other nations versions. 

• Like 2

Any new updates? These look awesome! Would be a shame if the project is dropped. 

UPDATE #2 

Hi All,

Sorry for the long absence, I know a lot of people want to hear how the project is coming along. I was hoping to do more regular updates but COVID happened and my job took up most of my time. I'm not ready to show you anything new at the moment. But I can tell you the project is not dropped and is still being worked on. Also not long after the first update BWMOD got in contact with me offering to help with implantation and texturing. They have been a great help with references on the Boxer and helping me improve the model.

The exterior is nearly complete. When I started I didn't realise how many differences there are between the A0, 1 and 2 variants of the Boxer. I have settled on making the A2 version of the Boxer as it is most likely the version that the British Army will get. This is why the exterior has taken so long. Doing research and trying to find decent reference photos of the A2. As long as COVID doesn't cause another lock down in the UK updates will happen more regularly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hey man, i think its a good idea to just focus on a single thing and finish it, and later work on other variants. anyways whatever you choose to do remember that there are many in the community that are grateful for people like you, good luck.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, Scorchuk said:

UPDATE #2 

Hi All,

Sorry for the long absence, I know a lot of people want to hear how the project is coming along. I was hoping to do more regular updates but COVID happened and my job took up most of my time. I'm not ready to show you anything new at the moment. But I can tell you the project is not dropped and is still being worked on. Also not long after the first update BWMOD got in contact with me offering to help with implantation and texturing. They have been a great help with references on the Boxer and helping me improve the model.

The exterior is nearly complete. When I started I didn't realise how many differences there are between the A0, 1 and 2 variants of the Boxer. I have settled on making the A2 version of the Boxer as it is most likely the version that the British Army will get. This is why the exterior has taken so long. Doing research and trying to find decent reference photos of the A2. As long as COVID doesn't cause another lock down in the UK updates will happen more regularly.

Thanks for the hard work, also could you try to add interior textures too, a lot of vehicle mods ignore that

• Like 1