Sign in to follow this  
The Real Bunc

Smoke etc animations files location?

I've been trying to do some particle effects but Im finding the documentation not very clear re the location of the relevant files that I can use for particle animations.

In the documentation for examples of using billboard particles the files tend to be referenced as for example \Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\FireAndSmokeAnim\SmokeAnim.p3d

but this doesn't seem to work for arma 3. 

From another script I managed to use \A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal_02 which I found in another script and that works.

So I thought I'd look in the file structure of my Arma 3 installation and see what other Particle effects are there.

But I simply cant the find \A3\Data_f\  part of my installation and so I cant locate the files.

Is there a reference to the available particle billboards anywhere? Can anyone advise me how to find these files in my installation so I can see what is available?

Ive tried all the pages I can think of on the WIki but many of them ( including the particle templates ) seem out of date and look as if they have the wrong particle file references.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

The files in \A3\Data_f\ is located in addons\data_f.pbo, so look into it.

Not everything and just a rough memo, but you may find my sandbox thing is useful. -> here

Particle effects are usually located in data_f pbos.

• Like 1

Many thanks POLPOX I've now located it thanks to your advice. I was banging my head on the desk trying to find it!