Sign in to follow this  
SgtMajStirling

BAF : L85A3 RIS

GwolRHU.png

British Armed Forces : L85A3 RIS

What Is This?

The L85A3 is a further upgraded variant of the L85A2 assault rifle, which is currently a standard-issue infantry weapon with the British Armed Forces.

Who Built This?

This was a personal project of mine, and my very first mod! There are definitely some issues, and time permitting I may look to fix them in the future. This is more of a placeholder until the brilliant team at 3CB inevitably release their own version of the weapon! 

Credits are completely shared with AveryTheKitty (Creator of the Arma 3 Aegis mod) & VISCOCITY for their continued help with making this weapon a realisation for me and their original models.

Why CUP Dependency?

The CUP dependency stems from the reload animation within the weapon, truth be told it works fine without it but you will see no reload animation at all, even less so a wholly accurate one like theirs. 

Mod Compatibility

This weapon is purpose built to work with attachments from the 3CB & RKSL Studio Attachment mods. As such, no other compatibility is currently included. Currently compatible with :

- RKSL Elcan Scopes
- 3CB Laser/Light Side Mounts
- 3CB BFA
- 3CB L85 Suppressor

Updates & Support

As with anything I release to the workshop I am happy to take any questions, please feel free to add me!

DOWNLOAD ON STEAM WORKSHOP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Damn I’d try it if my internet hadn’t died. Nice to get an a3 finally though.

Hey, any chance we will see a L85A3 with a grenade launcher some time in the future? Cool mod by the way!

@Rook Mk1 Haha, its not going anywhere mate so hopefully you get to try it out soon! Best of luck with the internet! 

@hazzami Thank you very much! Im afraid the UGL is likely not to be created by myself, this mod really stretched the limits of my knowledge and I simply dont think Id know where to begin with a UGL Variant. That said, if im not mistaken, 3CB are currently working on their weapons mod and they will most likely 1. Do a much better job than me with the standard rifle and 2. I'd assume they're working on the UGL variant too! 

• Like 2

Congrats on the release. 🙂

We are currently working on our own version using a new model. However, it will just be the standard rifle with attachable / removable front grips. We don't currently have any plans to create a UGL variant as I don't believe it has yet been adopted by the British Army. Although that will probably change at some point. At the moment though they are still using the L85A2 with the UGL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evrik said:

Congrats on the release. 🙂

We are currently working on our own version using a new model. However, it will just be the standard rifle with attachable / removable front grips. We don't currently have any plans to create a UGL variant as I don't believe it has yet been adopted by the British Army. Although that will probably change at some point. At the moment though they are still using the L85A2 with the UGL.

The UGL being used with the A3 is the same system as used with the A2. It would purely be a slight cosmetic alteration from the A2 variant with the sight rail/colour/minor TMH changes.

Is it possible if you can make a separate ad don that uses CUP's base.(I know, its a lot to ask for)  Don't get me wrong, This mod with the 3CB dependency is awesome, I just don't use both mods together very often.

• Like 1

wow.. its finally here.. congrats on the release!..

• Like 1