TuRb0235

List of team killers

I am fed up with team killers, so i will make a list of them in this post. I know they can change their gamer tag, but hopefully this list will at least make some potential team killers think twice. I will try to edit names from replies into this starting post every now and then so you dont need to read all replies. Please only post intentional team killers, as we know this can also happen accidentally.

LittolSkitz

An interesting concept. Maybe BI could post a list of the top 10 team killers as a new reward feature.

100 crowns for finding and killing No 1, 90 for No 2 etc.

The list could appear in the same place as the shop, by opening a paper on the same table which displays the current weeks list.

Once one is killed or they avoid getting killed during the weekly challenge, they go back to being a good guy again.

Not all team killers are serial killers... it’s mostly noobies killing you for your load out. (Suggestion: don’t take a great load out into a game generated team)

the list of team killers should be only for those that kill a team mate after obtaining the crate, barred house or looting and leaving the area.

those players should be named and hunted down.

I personally try to kill every team killer before they exit.

I like the idea of a list.  From my experience about 1 in 8 games that I get a random teammate they attempt to team kill.  If you have a desirable load out it seems to increase.  A simple fix is to not allow them to enter the exit area for 2 minutes after they team kill.  This gives others time to punish the offenders.  Making team killing not add to challenge scores has really cut down on team killing and was a good step. 

Can’t really penalize it. The devs said they wanted to make it as real as possible. Team killing should be in the game and not reprimanded.

choose your loadout wisely. And if you can kill a team killer, do it.

that is why I suggested a reward for killing team killers.

the list should be a hit list for those that I stated above

Well if it was "realistic" I would not be looting with a random person I just met, so that argument is weak.  A key thing to remember is that this is a game not real life so the realism argument is always wasted.  This is especially true since a game by definition is supposed to be fun for all participants, otherwise it's called a competition.  Team killing is absolutely not fun for 50% of the people participating in the act, so stick with this being a game and either make it easier to punish offenders.    Like I said, I like the idea of having an opportunity to punish the offender, but when they simply spawn, kill, and leave you don't have time to run them down.  Other options may include turning off team damage altogether, or making  teammate possessions impossible to loot.  Always remember the situation is exacerbated by the fact that you can spend real world money on an encounter only to be killed by your teammate.  Talk about not being fun for anyone except the developer.....

If you spend crowns on a duo that is game generated... I hate to say it but you’re a moron.

I have killed many of team killers running straight to the exit point. Just sayin.

The simple fact is, if you are not able to find a buddy to play with, play solo. If you do choose to do game generated duos, CHOOSE YOUR LOAD OUT WISELY. Pretty straight forward.

Thank you guys for this interesting discussion - team killing has been a discussion topic here in our office for a while now, so make sure to keep the feedback coming it's helping us a bunch as we can see the issue from a different perspective

The only times I team kill is if my duo partner doesn’t bring a weapon AND I’m not feeling the odds on the map. I will kill him and leave, because most of the time that person is a detriment to me. He will follow me around, be noisy, and is not able to kill anyone. Simply a waste of my time.

Another time I kill someone is if they take both loot boxes.

The only other time I killed someone (probably happened like three times so far) is when a person loots the box and hangs around me while I loot the other, or follows me to the exit, just acting shady. I was killed before in this way, we both looted we both went to same exit point and during the countdown he killed me, didn’t even loot. Just a total douche move.

I killed wyvern01 last night due to similar circumstances. There was no invite to party chat, and he stayed outside of the action the whole game. Doesn’t help me or go to main points on the map. I ended up killing three people while he hung back the whole time. Then, I’m setting up position to watch if anyone going to loot box location or signals detector and he runs right up on me all loud and camps basically two feet from me. Like, how is that helpful? He can see and hear the same area I can,  he should at least move few yards away. THEN loot drops, I run to signal detector kill another guy, hit the detector, show him on map there is no one left, he takes one loot box and I go on other side of loot box and loot watching him cautiously as he pulls out weapon and runs around me. So I loot and take a different route than him to exit and he’s still following me. I turn around and kill him

because there is no trust and honestly he didn’t deserve any of this. He sends me a message that I’m the problem with this game and he is playing on the outside because there is no need to engage... basically camping while I do the work and take the risk. 

So yea wyvern that’s why team killing should exist in this game.

To be fair dude you just team killed out of stupidity.  Learn to play duos or stick to solo.  Your teammate sticking with you is not acting shady....however randomly killing them on the way to the exit like you did definitely is.  There is no defending your reasoning, and you are only here out of fear of someone seeing your name on the list.  No one shot at you and they left the second box for you instead of running off with it.  You had zero reason to kill your teammate except greed or stupidity.  Neither is a valid excuse. 

Your myopic version of what went on that game is also funny.  You got pinched and were lucky to live at the detector.  You did kill three guys but missed the duo for the second team that I killed.  Then left the drop to walk around while I guarded it. So your idea of "work" is a little self centered.   I could have took both and been at the exit but I waited for you and left the second crate.   I could have easily killed you while you pick it up, so the "waiting till exit" idea to kill you is laughable.  I marked the exit which you apparently ignored, and then you decide to shot me at the exit.  The reality is you played poorly then decided to get greedy.  Nobody makes you shot them.  You made that decision and the decision to loot the body on your own.   Your actions were intentional.  Especially,  walking right up to me to shot.  If you really thought you were in danger you would not have walked up to 1 meters away from me and shot me in the back while I was trying to figure what you were looking at behind us.  Pretty sure my back is not real dangerous.   You just decided to defend yourself for being caught and called out after I told you I would be adding you.  I made sure to add you to the list of team killers on reddit and now I'll be doing it here.     

Team killer:

Niccolo91

Don't worry he will give you a lame excuse to cover his actions....so just melt on sight. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Very interesting read. Studying the opposing perspectives from the encounter says one thing to me. Communication, or in this case, lack of it.

I've tried teaming and found it frustrating for that reason. I party chat when my grandkids force me into a squad match on you know what, and it makes a clear difference.

I'm still not that smooth on setting it up though as it's quite a rare event (I'm on Vigor most of the time).

This idea may be a stretch technically, but maybe BI could add a button press/checkbox/drop-down etc in the team setup that initiates an invite to the party chat option for both players. A kind of short cut. If one player declines you would be more cautious when playing the encounter (of course they may not have a headset).

Just a thought.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wyvern01 said:

To be fair dude you just team killed out of stupidity.  Learn to play duos or stick to solo.  Your teammate sticking with you is not acting shady....however randomly killing them on the way to the exit like you did definitely is.  There is no defending your reasoning, and you are only here out of fear of someone seeing your name on the list.  No one shot at you and they left the second box for you instead of running off with it.  You had zero reason to kill your teammate except greed or stupidity.  Neither is a valid excuse. 

Your myopic version of what went on that game is also funny.  You got pinched and were lucky to live at the detector.  You did kill three guys but missed the duo for the second team that I killed.  Then left the drop to walk around while I guarded it. So your idea of "work" is a little self centered.   I could have took both and been at the exit but I waited for you and left the second crate.   I could have easily killed you while you pick it up, so the "waiting till exit" idea to kill you is laughable.  I marked the exit which you apparently ignored, and then you decide to shot me at the exit.  The reality is you played poorly then decided to get greedy.  Nobody makes you shot them.  You made that decision and the decision to loot the body on your own.   Your actions were intentional.  Especially,  walking right up to me to shot.  If you really thought you were in danger you would not have walked up to 1 meters away from me and shot me in the back while I was trying to figure what you were looking at behind us.  Pretty sure my back is not real dangerous.   You just decided to defend yourself for being caught and called out after I told you I would be adding you.  I made sure to add you to the list of team killers on reddit and now I'll be doing it here.     

Team killer:

Niccolo91

Don't worry he will give you a lame excuse to cover his actions....so just melt on sight. 

This is pretty much a lie. You didn’t kill anyone at all, there were two teams left at barred house, 3/4 people died in the fight, the last guy went to signal where I killed him, hit signal and no one was left. You didn’t kill anyone. 

Also, I shot you in the face while you were following me to exit, I turned around and shit you in face. 

I played well, I killed three people and knew where people were on the map the whole time. You didn’t need to guard loot box Bc I was flanking loot box and following the last guy which I killed.  Maybe if you hit the signal detector and got out of a bush on the edge of the map you would have seen how the teams were dwindling.

Also, there is no fear of people team killing me. It happens, and I play defensively so it doesn’t happen to me as much. I am on these forums because I wanted to see what you would say about it.

You are a liar, and making up a story to make you look a little better. My story was the truth, I told you exactly what happened and I told you exactly my thoughts. You never hit the signal caller once, you never killed anyone. You shouldn’t run up and be exactly on your duo partner, because in this game audio cues matter. Even if you couldn’t see anyone you should be hidden somewhere where you can hear the enemy getting closer. You standing on top of me is inefficient and can get us killed because I think the enemies footsteps are yours. I’ve been playing this game for two months and have 60k food donated, I do know how to play a little. You use no tactics besides standing on the edge of the map not engaging hoping to get scraps while your partner gets the kills.

You are an older gentleman that plays video games, late forties early fifties I am guessing?

From my experience playing online video games for 20 years older people are generally less aggressive in fps. I saw what you are doing, staying back, camping, looting a little what you can while trying to not stick out, you even told me after the game you were choosing not to engage and that I was stupid for forcing engagements. So just be honest about what happened, don’t make up a story about you killing people.

I killed you because you didn’t help me at all, didn’t kill anyway or hit signal caller once, and annoyed me by running up on me while I was watching for enemies and again after we looted you had gun out and was following me. I didn’t trust you during the game, I’m sorry. And these lies make me think it was a good idea not trusting you.

9 minutes ago, Cry2yourMoM said:

Oooohhhhh this is getting good...😳

🤯 team killer 🤥

”evil laughter”  hehehe

Maybe I do need to let my guard down a little and not be so defensive. But I have been team killed a lot when I trust my partner. So if the duo partner acts shady after loot drop specifically running at me with a gun following in my footsteps clinging to me like a little brother, I get antsy.

Lol it’s part of the game. It’s a call we all need to make in game generated duos... if you get sketched out... you shoot.

”evil laughter” hehehe

I never have a single regret... 😈

• Like 1

Not going to argue with you kid, but it seems you may not need to play duos.  If you team kill everyone you get spooked by you are going to never have a random partner walk out with you.  Part of the game is a learning curve and part is not being a piece of trash.  Shooting someone because you don't understand their play style falls into the later.  Not to mention you make a half dozen conflicting statements in your fantasy version of the events.  Hard to be right beside you or be 2 meters from the airdrop from the edge of the map.  Even harder to be right beside you and be camping.  I should have let the 4th guy kill you while he watched the detector and saved me some trouble.   

Little things like you took the open field to the detector, walked away from an open air drop, completely missed the fourth shooter, and stood still in the open for over 4 minutes  knowing 2 guys had precision rifles in the lobby just shows you are a little in denial over your own play style.   

Bottom line was you team killed.  Whatever your reasons, other than someone tried to kill you first, are all just excuses you make up in your on head.  You don't know what the other player is thinking.  In your case you don't even appear to notice what they are doing.  Your delusional mind reading of other players intentions through a digital avatar is your issue.  You are "shady" and project it onto other players.  Either way I've made sure you're known and I'm sure others will appreciate the warning.   

Just seems like a lot of long winded shame explaining of why you shot a partner in the back, especially when nobody really cares on here.  All they want to know is your name so they know to kill you fast if you duo with them.   

BTW if you want audio queues stop running everywhere......  

44 minutes ago, wyvern01 said:

Not going to argue with you kid, but it seems you may not need to play duos.  If you team kill everyone you get spooked by you are going to never have a random partner walk out with you.  Part of the game is a learning curve and part is not being a piece of trash.  Shooting someone because you don't understand their play style falls into the later.  Not to mention you make a half dozen conflicting statements in your fantasy version of the events.  Hard to be right beside you or be 2 meters from the airdrop from the edge of the map.  Even harder to be right beside you and be camping.  I should have let the 4th guy kill you while he watched the detector and saved me some trouble.   

Little things like you took the open field to the detector, walked away from an open air drop, completely missed the fourth shooter, and stood still in the open for over 4 minutes  knowing 2 guys had precision rifles in the lobby just shows you are a little in denial over your own play style.   

Bottom line was you team killed.  Whatever your reasons, other than someone tried to kill you first, are all just excuses you make up in your on head.  You don't know what the other player is thinking.  In your case you don't even appear to notice what they are doing.  Your delusional mind reading of other players intentions through a digital avatar is your issue.  You are "shady" and project it onto other players.  Either way I've made sure you're known and I'm sure others will appreciate the warning.   

Just seems like a lot of long winded shame explaining of why you shot a partner in the back, especially when nobody really cares on here.  All they want to know is your name so they know to kill you fast if you duo with them.   

BTW if you want audio queues stop running everywhere......  

1. Not conflicting. You stayed on outside of map most of game until the end when there was one guy left (you didn’t know that though there could have been 4) then you went to where I was waiting, and stayed on top of me. I made the move killed the guy going to signal and hit signal allowing you to know that I wiped the map. You were still sitting where you initially sat on me. 

2. I shot you in the face when you were following me, you were behind me, I did not shoot you in back.

3. You didn’t kill anyone, you couldn’t shoot yourself out of a paper bag, you didn’t fire your weapon once that whole time

because you were never around enemies to shoot at.

4. I want to listen to audio cue yes, I can go to other places and listen for audio cue, I don’t have to sit still and wait for people to come to me ala your playstyle.

Bottom line is that you are below average at this game, crying about getting team killed and not knowing what you did wrong. 

I admit my fault maybe I have to be more trusting, but you are just not a good duo partner, not helpful at all. You should be the one solo q, instead of camping duos trying to get the other guy to do the work for you.

P.S. nobody is taking this team kill thing seriously bud. No one is scared there’s a list out, I bring meh gun when I random duo and if someone wants to shoot me so be it. How many people on Xbox care about making a team kill list? To be honest, people will prob read this and team kill you just to hear you cry about it. 

Fact is... No one cares. It is part of the game. It’s why the game is very interesting and challenging. I personally don’t think there should be a list. Just a reward for killing team killers.

if I get spooked, I shoot. If you don’t, then hey that’s your choice.

I have started a club on Xbox “Vigor Hangout” for people tired of being team killed. If you are a member and team up with another member, and they team kill you record it post it in the club and they will be kicked out. The team kill must be on purpose.