sideshowrod

Crate drops, why do they dissapear when I kill the outlander that is carrying it?

three encounters so far (since the last 2 udates) I have killed the outlander with the crate and they are no longer carrying it in their death box.

Dont tell me they have destroyed it because 2 of those encounters they were single headshot kills with the m21.

this makes no sense to chase an outlander with the drop if the drop wont be your reward.

I love the game but there are some very frustrating parts to it... 

If it’s in duos, you killed the wrong guy.

if it’s single, you killed the wrong guy.

unless you are 100% sure no one else is in the room, you killed the wrong guy.

Hi sideshow,

I've never experienced the scenario you reflect.

Could I suggest that next time your in position to take out a crate carrier, you do a quick finger shuffle and record the next couple of minutes. You can then upload the capture to gamedvr and publish the link here.

It would be most interesting to see this glitch.

9 hours ago, Cry2yourMoM said:

If it’s in duos, you killed the wrong guy.

if it’s single, you killed the wrong guy.

unless you are 100% sure no one else is in the room, you killed the wrong guy.

wrong buddy. in all cases i was playing solo. it is not the wrong guy as you can clearly see the drop crate holder on your map.

4 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Hi sideshow,

I've never experienced the scenario you reflect.

Could I suggest that next time your in position to take out a crate carrier, you do a quick finger shuffle and record the next couple of minutes. You can then upload the capture to gamedvr and publish the link here.

It would be most interesting to see this glitch.

will do next time it happens, its a wierd glitch as it never happened before the recent updates. have you guys tested this to see if it happens to you?

I haven't been concentrating on crates just recently, but circumstances (and a bit of luck) gave me an opportunity to have a go at a crate carrier just yesterday. Got the crate, so didn't experience your glitch.

I took damage in doing so, and a camper saw me off with one hit near the exit. Hopefully the glitch you mention afflicted him....

Just kidding, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Agreed you can see the carrier on the map... but unless you are absolutely sure that it is only you and the carrier in the room...

you killed the wrong guy.

you are not the only person running after the carrier.

Are you not seeing crate in the killed player or when back at shelter? 

I have just done the same with a guaranteed no other player in the room. It is definitely a single player issue not an issue in duo play.

Carrier does not have crate upon death. Nor granted crate upon returning to shelter.

My issue has been with a crate carriers entire possessions disappearing.  I kill them go to loot and its just the empty box animation.....

Twice now that has happened in the last week.  In both situations we were the only two alive on the map and they did not stop mid gun fight to destroy their inventory. This is on top of two rare crates just disappearing between the end of the encounter and the shelter screen.  Way too many bugs with this game.  

Hi Wyvern,

It really sounds like some sort of connectivity issue to me.

Either with you off the outlander carrying the crate (more likely them). As you can't destroy your weapons, and the death box was totally empty, seems thats all it can be.

I've come across stationary outlanders in past encounters. Killed them and had the same empty box scenario. That was explained by a disconnect on their behalf.

This happened to me again today on grotheim valley around 2:45Pm central. There were only two people left on the map - me and the guy with the crate (I used signal detector). He was running towards nearest exit to me so I lie down by the road and got him as he came around the bend. As soon as I got the kill there was no longer a crate on my compass and when I checked his inventory it was not there. It was an upgraded crate by the way..

Anyway I clipped the whole thing even my exit (almost 4 mins) and posted on my feed, I almost created a thread in the issues/feedback section about this exact issue that’s happened to you and others also but last time I posted feedback on a cheat or issue I was banned from the forums temporarily.

Hope they get this issue resolved. Kind of unsettling that you can spend your hard earned money on crowns, then when you use those crowns to upgrade a crate, the crate can magically disappear as you go collect it and your crowns are still gone/lost.

Hi Th3Truth,

I'd like to see it out of interest.

How about copying the clip to your OneDrive public folder and putting the link in here.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, Th3Truth said:

If any devs would like to watch the video feel free to contact me

Hello there! The issue you're describing sadly wasn't mentioned anywhere else, so having it captured would be a huge help! 

I downloaded OneDrive app and saved video but can’t seem to figure out how to get it to here or find a link to copy? If anyone wants to walk me through it I’d appreciate the help.

I would have never imagined trying to copy and paste a link to a video could be so difficult. What happened to the days of copy- paste lol

Omg i just copied link and its not my video its some old dude talking!!!!!!! So frustrating

Woohoo 1hour and 30 mins later i finally figured it out! Here is the video #3 of a crate disappearing. Pay attention to the green guy running symbol on the compass. As soon as he dies the crate disappears off the compass and then is not in inventory. 

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AN93c1GdnAF901k&id=D916F0FD1E94E4CA!126&cid=D916F0FD1E94E4CA

I think I know why this happens, correct me if I'm wrong.  When an outlander dies, the non used ammo from the gun gets into the inventory. The ammo is the most "important" type of item, because when you loot something, using the (X) button, the first thing that you will pick is the ammo. The crate is less "inportant"(dunno why) because when you loot it from a dead body, using the (X), with 1 or 2 free space in the inv, first you will pick the other items(meds, ammo etc.) instead of the crate.

If an outlander takes the crate and his inventory is full, and you kill him, the ammo which was loaded into the gun will get into the inv, BUT if the inv is full, the less "important" item will dissapear, which is the crate. 

Hi Hamis,

I think you've cracked it. Looking at the 2nd video he was equipped with a heavy machine gun. Obviously had a shed load of ammo and as you say, when he died it fed back into to top level of his inventory. Any items in the bottom level were lost as everything moved down.

This could be solved, or at least helped by making the in game inventory slots the same capacity as the loadout inventory slot capacity.

For instance. Entering an encounter if I take a full 1st inventory slot for my Soumi, it reports that it holds 90 parabellum!. During the encounter and on leaving the capacity drops to 35. When starting the encounter I will have 72 in my Soumi and 18 in the first slot. If I find 20 more ammo as my first loot the inventory will show 35 (not 90) in the first slot, 3 in the 2nd.

When the update made this change I thought great. Loot the lost patrol and have plenty of inventory space left for other loot. But no. The inventory capacity changes back to the lower level when the encounter starts.

Of course the other fix could be by treating a dead outlander in the same way as an exiting outlander!

If the inventory if full then there's no where for loaded ammo to go, and the loaded ammo is lost not the items in the inventory.

Seems like a plausible reason, but inconsistent. I have nabbed the crate carrier many times to find full inventory with the crate, but no ammo for equipped guns. Always possible they expensed it all, needs tested!