Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Invasion 1944 mission: steal the kommand car

If you take a look at the MOM section at The FAQ (click on <span style='color:green'>M.O.M.</span> in the left hand menu), you'll see that, besides reviewing the mod's mini demo and AndOne's recent test mission for the mini demo, I've just put out my own adaptation of BIS' Steal the Car SP mission, that uses the mini demo's units.

Nothing exciting but I hope you like it. smile.gif

Going out for a training flight, I'll try it when I get back.

Looks promising though. This ww2 pack is VERY good, and so is "steal the car", should be fun. smile.gif

I would love to add German voices to the mission. Like when you're detected or when one of them gets killed or wounded or when you appraoch various areas.

But I don't know how to really edit missions. sad.gif

Ok, I tried the mission (flight was cancelled from wind, stupid nature mad.gif), it's pretty good. But here are my tips.

1) I don't know how to fix this, but you can change your weapons stores from M1 Garand to M60, M203, and M16. I did the mission with an M1 first, but couldn't resist doing it with an M60 wink.gif

2) Add (this setbehaviour "safe") to each german soldier's command line (minus the parenthesis of course). This will put them in "safe" mode so theyll walk around with their guns on their back instead of running around on full alert like they do now. Try it with and without the quotation marks around safe, I forget which way it's supposed to work.

Good work, this is always a fun mission. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 12 2003,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) I don't know how to fix this, but you can change your weapons stores from M1 Garand to M60, M203, and M16.  I did the mission with an M1 first, but couldn't resist doing it with an M60 wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OK. Those are in the description.ext file.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Weapons

{

class M16GrenadeLauncher

{

count = 1;

};

class M4

{

count = 1;

};

class M60

{

count = 1;

};

};

class Magazines

{

class M16

{

count = 10;

};

class HandGrenade

{

count = 10;

};

class GrenadeLauncher

{

count = 10;

};

class M4

{

count = 10;

};

class M60

{

count = 10;

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone know the I1944 unit names to replace the above or close to it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) Add (this setbehaviour "safe") to each german soldier's command line (minus the parenthesis of course). This will put them in "safe" mode so theyll walk around with their guns on their back instead of running around on full alert like they do now.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, a sissy, ay? biggrin.gif

Is that because it's too difficult or they shouldn't be on full alert without an excuse?

I can easily change this. The original soldiers are still in "safe" mode. It's the extras that aren't.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work, this is always a fun mission. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It just seemed like the perfect missions to easily demonstrate the mod and contrast it against playing NATI versus Russia. AndOne's test mission is much better, of course.

just delete those definitions in description.ext

in original mission, all soldiers have 'Seek and destroy' WP which makes them run around with rifle on their back. when they spot you, or something there behaviour level goes up, and have rifles in their hands.

Thanks Ralph.

I also noticed that the soldiers I added don't have leader=1 specified. I take it that I should add that to put them under command of their squad leader and that would make the mission more difficult? Is that correct? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 13 2003,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">huh? leader=1? where did you see that?<span id='postcolor'>

In the MISSION.SQM file.

Version 1.2 of the "Steal the Kommand Car" mission can be downloaded from here.

Summary of Changes:

1.2 Increased skill level of all enemy soldier units.

1.2 German soldiers shout alarm and exclamation sounds when player is detected.

1.2 Mission version number displayed in overview for reference.

Pretty fun reworking of an old classic. Definately fits better in ww2 than the more modern CWC. Only a couple things I'd change.

1) At the very begining when your commanding officer tells you that your almost there blah blah, its a tad unrealistic considering you have no radioman to hear that message. Same can be said about the original mission but it sticks out even more in 1944 wink.gif

2) Seems like a high concentration of rifle grenadiers in the area, the first time i played I met and killed 5 grenadiers but only 2 regular soldiers on my way to the kubelwagon. Now I'm not exactly an expert on loadouts of german equipment, but I find it hard to believe that nearly every damn soldier is equiped with rifle grenades. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

3) I know its more work for some people to dl but I think it would be fun if you threw in the Bar from invasion 1944 as an option in your description.ext. It'd be fun to mow them down with automatic fire biggrin.gif

Great work!

1) Agreed but I'll leave it in. It's harmless.

2) There are 6 gernadiers and 8 regs. It was Oktoberfest and they were gathered at the local bar for some oompah music when you stepped into town. biggrin.gif

3) I'll look into it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 18 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) There are 6 gernadiers and 8 regs. It was Oktoberfest and they were gathered at the local bar for some oompah music when you stepped into town. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol! tounge.gif

Version 1.3 of the "Steal the Kommand Car" mission can be downloaded from here.

Summary of Changes:

1.3 Added support for selecting Invasion 1944 Mod's BAR machine gun addon from the mission briefing's WEAPONS tab.

1.3 Changed two of the German grenadier soldiers to regulars. There are now 10 regular German soldier units and 4 grenadiers.

The BAR addon can be downloaded from the Invasion 1944 Mod's site. The OFP 1.75+ version of the BAR addon can also be downloaded from me.

Woohoo! Fantastic work, hehe this mission is so much fun, especially now with the bar laying down round after round from attics upon the germans below! They ought to include this mission in the full demo as a nice practice mission.