Good day everyone,

the following are my specs:

CPU: i7-7700k

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3

RAM: 32gb 3200Mhz.

On initial start-ups in the editor, everything runs relatively smoothly, but after a few minutes into gameplay, the game has trouble loading and rendering basic items (trees, rocks, building, etc...) and the game drops to about 2-10 frames per second.

Once this happens, the game does not recover, and nor does it crash.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried figuring out how to turn raytracing on/off but i don't see an option to do either.

Sincerely,

Crimson Hawk Moth 

Hello, Welcome to BI Forums!

You should ask on the EVGA forum for your card https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-2016-Series-f107.aspx

it may be a setting or an issue with the card cant say for sure, but seems according to the forum section there, theres a number of people with issues within the same card family.

Is Arma3 on an SSD or HD?

Arma 3 is on my HDD. 

Thing is, when i had my 1070 installed, frames would be fine at around 40fps, with no issues with rendering or any of the sort.

So it has to be the graphics card. I'll check out the EVGA forum, thanks!.

3 hours ago, crimson_hawk_moth said:

So it has to be the graphics card.

Ya it sounds like it is something with the graphics card then, either settings with it, or some actual defective issue, would also make sure to check the drivers for it

consider that it could be a driver issue making the card not fully function or render things like its supposed to idk, but as you said see what the EVGA forum says,

i'd be interested to know what you figure out, so post any updates on what you figure out.

What you are experiencing is called the "3FPS bug" it happens when the game runs out of memory. Are you launching Arma with any weird start parameters? Are you running the 64bit version?

11 hours ago, crimson_hawk_moth said:

I've tried figuring out how to turn raytracing on/off but i don't see an option to do either.

Arma doesn't support raytracing.