Robustcolor

Make findIf instead of count help

Hi, i need help to make these three codes become a findIf instead of count. My attempts have failed so far.

waitUntil {sleep 5; ({(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000} count allPlayers > 0)};
waitUntil {sleep 5; east countSide allUnits <= 2;};
waitUntil {sleep 5; {!isPlayer _x} count allUnits <= 2;};

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000} > -1};

For the others, findIf will not return a count, just the Zero-based position of the first array element for which the code evaluate to true.  And no more. Use findIf to detect 0 or some unit(s) satisfying the conditions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000} > -1};

For the others, findIf will not return a count, just the Zero-based position of the first array element for which the code evaluate to true.  And no more. Use findIf to detect 0 or some unit(s) satisfying the conditions.

Thanks @pierremgi

Is it possible to exclude players if in air in this waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000} > -1};

Does findif work in this code below, how would it look like?

waitUntil {sleep 5; {alive _x} count units _grp01 == 0};

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000 && isTouchingGround _x} > -1};

or

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000 && (ASLToAGL getPosASL _x)#2 < 2} > -1};

waitUntil {sleep 5; units _grp0 findIf {alive _x} == -1};

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000 && isTouchingGround _x} > -1};

or

waitUntil {sleep 5; allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000 && (ASLToAGL getPosASL _x)#2 < 2} > -1};

waitUntil {sleep 5; units _grp0 findIf {alive _x} == -1};

@pierremgi 

If I have "marker1", "marker2", "marker3"..... "markerx" in my mission.

And I wanted to check every 10 seconds if a player has stepped in range of one of them (using findIf ) and then spawn units at that marker and delete the marker (so the loop does not check that anymore).

What would be the best way to do it?

This is the loop as example:

Spoiler

checkMarkers = {
_markersArray = ["marker1","marker2","marker3","marker4","marker5"];

if (allPlayers findIf {(_x distance2d getMarkerpos "Marker1") < 1000 && (ASLToAGL getPosASL _x)#2 < 2} > -1) then {
	private _spawnPos = markerPos "markerOne";
	_spawnPos call fnc_spawnEnemies;
	deleteMarker "markerOne";
	_markersArray = ["marker1","marker2","marker3","marker4","marker5"] - ["marker1"];
};

// loop	
[
	checkMarkers,
	_markersArray,
] call CBA_fnc_waitAndExecute;
};

I need to somehow add a forEach _markersArray; otherwise the script is too long and "manual" but don't know which is the best way to do this.

If you have less than a hundred markers, 🙂 just add some triggers on them (anyPlayer Present, non repeatable). You will not see a loss in performance, even in MP.

I'd rather don't add CBA for nut.

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

This does not seem to work as intended, it does not exclude air.

But this one works, thanks @pierremgi

How would it look like if it's made to a if then code?