Liberty Bull

[SP] SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs Mission 1 - Seeding Chaos

A recreation of SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs Mission 1 - Seeding Chaos. Specter (Ghost), Jester and the team infiltrate the Albanian countryside to locate and destroy black market contraband belonging to the Sesseri Syndicate. I plan on creating more missions from the game as time goes on. Radio audio from the game included as well as I attempted to use the environment to best represent the missions they attempt to emulate. CUP is the only mod required.

File:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1892046716

socomarma.png

socompage1.png

socompage2.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1892046716

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cool mission bro! You should put the endmission trigger when the team +HVT is inside the chopper, some hundred metres from the AO.

Infil is also cool, we could get delivered by boat, diving from a  submarine, chopper or HALO😀

9 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Cool mission bro! You should put the endmission trigger when the team +HVT is inside the chopper, some hundred metres from the AO.

Infil is also cool, we could get delivered by boat, diving from a  submarine, chopper or HALO😀

You know I should do that for the evac. I didn't because originally I was trying to stick to the original mission as closely as possible and in the original mission a cutscene shows the "insertion" via helo and the actual mission starts out on the ground, and the mission ends when youre in the zone. However, this is Arma and I don't think it would destroy the "recreation" by improving it. A helo escape would be more exciting especially now that I have the enemys rush the area when you detonate the explosive. Will add that in!

• Like 2

Alright, so I took it a step further and I added an intro cinematic that recreates the original, I added getting into the heli and flying off, the heli will come in guns blazing if there are any enemy left alive because once you blow the weapons caches all enemies will run to the explosions. I also did some general polishing thanks to someone who posted a video of his playthrough.

Oh and I also added music from SOCOM, only 3 tracks, two for each objective completion and one on mission completion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Liberty Bull said:

Alright, so I took it a step further and I added an intro cinematic that recreates the original, I added getting into the heli and flying off, the heli will come in guns blazing if there are any enemy left alive because once you blow the weapons caches all enemies will run to the explosions. I also did some general polishing thanks to someone who posted a video of his playthrough.

Oh and I also added music from SOCOM, only 3 tracks, two for each objective completion and one on mission completion.

Hi Liberty Bull - enjoyed playing your mission yesterday - very nostalgic!

Great to hear you've done some polishing. Just some further ideas if you want them:

Spoiler

I'd probably move your team further away from the AO at the start, just given Arma's scale. It'll then give people a chance to decide the best way to the castle and stretch out the mission a little.

The informant mentions the sniper rifle in the bunker - it might be worth adding a hint or map comment (Eg. Bunker and sniper rifle!). I missed him saying it was in the bunker and then spent quite a bit of time searching by the road for it the first time I played!

It might be worth making the patrols a little more random, or larger. At the moment it's very easy to just sit and wait and take out everyone without much difficulty. Perhaps a vehicle or two (UAZ, or something light) might add some movement to the scene.

You could definitely do with some more props/furniture in the Foreman's house and perhaps some more guards around the house to make it feel more of a challenge.

I get you're trying to stay true to SOCOM, but the opfor could do with better weapons. At present, I had a guy run towards me to get in range!

When you enter the barn with the cache, it triggers that 'the charges have been set' before you've actually set them. An additional guard/ props inside might make it more interesting.

Otherwise, it's a fun mission and great to see just CUP being used.

10 hours ago, Callsign said:

Hi Liberty Bull - enjoyed playing your mission yesterday - very nostalgic!

Great to hear you've done some polishing. Just some further ideas if you want them:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd probably move your team further away from the AO at the start, just given Arma's scale. It'll then give people a chance to decide the best way to the castle and stretch out the mission a little.

The informant mentions the sniper rifle in the bunker - it might be worth adding a hint or map comment (Eg. Bunker and sniper rifle!). I missed him saying it was in the bunker and then spent quite a bit of time searching by the road for it the first time I played!

It might be worth making the patrols a little more random, or larger. At the moment it's very easy to just sit and wait and take out everyone without much difficulty. Perhaps a vehicle or two (UAZ, or something light) might add some movement to the scene.

You could definitely do with some more props/furniture in the Foreman's house and perhaps some more guards around the house to make it feel more of a challenge.

I get you're trying to stay true to SOCOM, but the opfor could do with better weapons. At present, I had a guy run towards me to get in range!

When you enter the barn with the cache, it triggers that 'the charges have been set' before you've actually set them. An additional guard/ props inside might make it more interesting.

Otherwise, it's a fun mission and great to see just CUP being used.

You are right about me limiting what I did in the mission to stay true to the original. Did you play it after I updated for some weapon variety? I did still keep most of them with Mac 10s however I added a few AKs, an RPK by the barn, a CZ sniper at the foreman house etc. Adding a note to the bunker with the sniper in it is agood idea, I will add that. Vehicles may be a good idea, I'll look into it. Moving them from the AO could be an improvement, I do have to consider how it works in Arma as you are pointing out. You know I am normally one to try and make places look good with props, I'm not quite sure why I didn't do that (pathing aside, since the AI doesnt even really go into the building with you). I had given it a thought and then got distracted adding the bunkers.

The "charges set" trigger was intentional because I havent tried messing with eventhandlers yet and it seemed like alot of work to get it to detect when the player placed an explosive at the crate, so the next best thing was to have it trigger the radio dialogue after a few seconds as an ad hoc way of doing it. If you know a better way to have it trigger on the placing of the charges I'd love to try it.

• Like 2