SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

once upon a time, there was a C-5 Galaxy in the USAF mod. Where is it now?

On 2/20/2021 at 6:05 AM, Masnooper said:

once upon a time, there was a C-5 Galaxy in the USAF mod. Where is it now?

Being renovated 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SGT Fuller, 

I think I have asked before, but is the previously planned update to the HH-60 Pavehawk still in the works or has it been shelved? My apologies if this was answered previously. 

~Rob aka Gunfighter

Is there a way to simple add GPS Guidance menu and bombs to other jets with init? 

For example in FIR AWS mod this can be done simply with init 

[THIS,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE] CALL FIR_FNC_AWS_ENABLEFUNCTION;

this AddMagazine "FIR_Kh25MS_P_1rnd_M";
this addWeapon "FIR_Kh25MS";

Hey man, I dont know if you still check this forum but oh well. Just wanting to know are you going to be implementing the Boeing C-5 Galaxy in a further update? Also in general how is current progress going?

Hey, is there a way to retexture C-17, because when ever I do :

this setObjectTextureGlobal [3, "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.25,0.25,0.25,0.3)"];

Wing just becomes invisible

Hey, I have some feedback, the GPS guided munitions and the menus in the plane are pretty flippin' cool, but can you add something so that a ground unit (like JTAC) can share/upload gps coords right into the pilot's menu for them to bomb?

Howdy again boys. So I've recently done some testing and something in some of my modpacks appears to cause the Aircraft from the mod to be...I can only really call it fatter? As though the drag and weight for the pylons was multiplied a lot? The weird thing is, it ONLY happens on multiplayer, single-player the aircraft fly as normal and take-off in a normal amount of runway with the exact same payload. I'm GUESSING this is being caused by another mod, and I recognize that's not your problem, I was just wondering if you had any ideas on what kinda mod would cause this? I've tested AWESome, but it's not that. In some cases as well it only seems to affect ME, not the other players on a server.

But yeah, if any of you, whether developer or not, have any idea what might be causing this issue please let me know.

Thanks for all your hard work y'all! Keep it up!

On 5/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, doctorbutts said:

Hey, I have some feedback, the GPS guided munitions and the menus in the plane are pretty flippin' cool, but can you add something so that a ground unit (like JTAC) can share/upload gps coords right into the pilot's menu for them to bomb?

The mod team is mostly retiring or taking a more laid-back approach and its primary focus is on finishing the remaining aircraft yet to be added. If they have time, one might try to add some sort of feature like what you suggest to the ROVER, but their attention is fixed on finishing this mod.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:19 AM, Helicopter Man said:

Do you guys plan on releasing the F-15E and F-16?

I don't think those are in their road map. Not even in future plans AFAIK

According to road map, next release is rotor...So fixed wing is done

On 9/24/2021 at 4:23 AM, omri2050 said:

I don't think those are in their road map. Not even in future plans AFAIK

According to road map, next release is rotor...So fixed wing is done

The team isn’t done with fixed wing. We are still planning on release of the F-16. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SGT Fuller said:

The team isn’t done with fixed wing. We are still planning on release of the F-16. 

That is absolutely AWESOME news!
I saw only the other 2 variations of the F35

On 10/19/2019 at 1:47 AM, SGT Fuller said:

FEATURES
- Aerial Refueling
- Nuclear Assets
- Service Menus
- Multiple Weapons
- GPS/INS Systems for applicable Aircraft
- Improved Flight Models
- UAV Systems for Recon

Can anyone from users or USAF team tell me where the player can find nuclear weapons?

I rummaged through all the options for loading pylons on all USAF planes! I read the description of each bomb, but I did not see the word "Nuclear" anywhere

Thus I never found a nuclear weapon. It seemed to me that I had seen this before, I can't understand where it disappeared or am I just blind and I can't see it

14 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Can anyone from users or USAF team tell me where the player can find nuclear weapons?

I rummaged through all the options for loading pylons on all USAF planes! I read the description of each bomb, but I did not see the word "Nuclear" anywhere

Thus I never found a nuclear weapon. It seemed to me that I had seen this before, I can't understand where it disappeared or am I just blind and I can't see it 

B61 on all Fighters

1 hour ago, Lala14 said:

B61 on all Fighters

Dude I looked at B61, no fighter has such a bomb:

36372980.jpg

I looked at the F-22A Raptor and at the F-35A and A10C Thunderbolt

I just checked in game, the only one I could find the B61 for is the F-35A

QeZKdBY.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, belgerot said:

QeZKdBY.jpg

(Please Correct me if I am Wrong). The B61 is only cleared for (USAF only) the B-52, B-2, F-16, F-15E, and F-35. The F-22 is not cleared to carry the B-61.

8 hours ago, belgerot said:

I haven't been able to find it since 5 times! thank you friend!

Can anyone explain to me what the Secret Weapon AN/ALX-9000 Cloaking Device and how is used?

There is only TOP SECRET in the description.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, Lala14 said:

B61 on all Fighters

Some observations about B61.

I've tried testing this bomb. I also downloaded the most popular nuclear weapons mods to compare them with each other. This is Advanced Ordnance and Freestyle's Nukes mods/

My point is that unfortunately the nuclear damage model is poorly implemented in the USAF, because there is no adequate impact of explosion damage. As I noticed, its damage radius ignores non-damageable objects of the map.

After a nuclear explosion in the radius of defeat, all stone houses and heavily armored vehicles, any transport and infantry,  all objects of the game have the ability to have damage, will be destroyed, but at the same time the all fragile buildings like old barns, all fences, !even plastic toilets, trees/bushes and other non-damaged objects will remain intact. Lol! Such consequences of nuclear blast do not look adequate. 

The same trouble is present in the "Freestyle's Nukes" mod.

Within the explosion damage range of the nuclear bomb, all not having a damage model map objects must be removed from the map. The total devastation after a nuclear explosion looks intimidating and more realistic... I think, this is the best solution for the current Arma engine state. Fortunately, what I am talking about is present in the "Advanced Ordnance" mod, this mod removes all non damageable objects and such consequences of the explosion looks great!

Also the visual effect of the Advanced Ordnance explosion looks better (explosion initiation - bright light with simultaneous darkening of the map - Boooooom and it takes your breath away), which cannot be said about the effects of visual consequences after nuclear explosion in this mod. I didn't like the FX fading out too quickly, there is no long visual consequences like in the "Freestyle's Nukes" mod. In this mod we can see a long time fog and scattering clouds after such terrible explosion. Also in this mod we can get a crater from the epicenter of the explosion.This is all impressive.

I hope the USAF team will fix damage model and removes non-damaged fragile objects from the map after nuclear explosion, using the example of "Advanced Ordnance" mod. 

It would also be possible to improve the FX for the explosion, make it more brighter at the beginning (with simultaneous dimming of the map) and add longer visual effects (fog and clouds after blast)

Heyho theres a bug in your F35 script, or rather the init script is terribly bad.

usaf_f35a_c/scripts/F35_init.sqf

While there is a player in the F35 and the engine is on, its sending 11 variables to all players every frame, and resetting the planes textures 5 times every frame.

Thats very bad and my server just died due to too much variable spam.
Please stop doing that., only set the textures if they actually aren't already what you want them to be, and don't re-send the screen_* variables every frame to ALL players.

I also doubt that really all 30+ players need to know all 11 screen variables on all F35's even when there are only 3 pilots in the game.

Your C17 does the exact same.