SGT Fuller

United States Air Force Mod (2019)

is it possible to 1 man teh ac-130?, if it is, can any one explain me how please? great mod overall love it

On 9/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, beebah said:

Awesome, also did you make optional skins for the c17, yknow to show the various bases or nations that have them

He just showed you the change log...

Hi everyone!

I have an ignorant question about the AC-130 (which is still in beta; I understand). I am absolutely floored by the combination of gameplay features AND attention to detail here. But this is all very intimidating, even by Arma standards!

Having browsed the Discord, asked the users, seen the Dev tutorial pictures https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/504013109158084628/744332935112687636/Sensor_Operator_Manual.png
- Didn't find out exactly what the different crew roles were for. At least in-game.

It could just be for mil-sim type roleplaying. But I am just curious. 

Again; thanks! Don't want to imagine how many man-hours went into the graphical details and PROGRAMMING of the plane's systems.

14 hours ago, Melody_Mike said:

Hi everyone!

I have an ignorant question about the AC-130 (which is still in beta; I understand). I am absolutely floored by the combination of gameplay features AND attention to detail here. But this is all very intimidating, even by Arma standards!

Having browsed the Discord, asked the users, seen the Dev tutorial pictures https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/504013109158084628/744332935112687636/Sensor_Operator_Manual.png
- Didn't find out exactly what the different crew roles were for. At least in-game.

It could just be for mil-sim type roleplaying. But I am just curious. 

Again; thanks! Don't want to imagine how many man-hours went into the graphical details and PROGRAMMING of the plane's systems.

Thanks! currently the main functional roles are as follows:

Pilot - (sidehud view, cockpit mfd manipulation)

IR - Starts will all guns slaved to this sensor, can manipulate mission mark points

TV - can slave any gun to this sensor in flight, can manipulate mission mark points

FCO - has own sensor but no weapons, can manipulate mission mark points

EWO - has own sensor but no weapons, can manipulate mission mark points

The rest of the seats currently lack much, ingame usable, functionality

• Like 1

Thank you for the info.

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

IR - Starts will all guns slaved to this sensor, can manipulate mission mark points

TV - can slave any gun to this sensor in flight, can manipulate mission mark points

As much as I (complete laymen) noticed in-game, both seats had the same day/night/white-hot/black-hot vision modes. Or is there something else different about the viewing screens?

2 hours ago, Melody_Mike said:

Thank you for the info.

As much as I (complete laymen) noticed in-game, both seats had the same day/night/white-hot/black-hot vision modes. Or is there something else different about the viewing screens?

No, they're basically identical functionality wise, and share the same UI.

The EWO has a slightly different camera with continuous zoom and cross hair aiming reticule

Amazing mods thank you for your dedication.

Can some one make a tuto on how to adjust firing to hit targets ?

Is anybody experiencing dedicated server crashes with the AC130 beta and other mod such as RHS/ACE?

yeah atleast we cant start the mission through after we choose our slots and want to start we keep staying in the loading screen

13 hours ago, frostie12345 said:

yeah atleast we cant start the mission through after we choose our slots and want to start we keep staying in the loading screen

It's a bug, the player who is logged as an admin should leave the game and then your mission will start 😉

On 9/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, rod6er said:

Is anybody experiencing dedicated server crashes with the AC130 beta and other mod such as RHS/ACE?

On 9/24/2020 at 8:44 AM, frostie12345 said:

15 hours ago, papanowel said:

It's a bug, the player who is logged as an admin should leave the game and then your mission will start 😉

this should have been fixed in the latest update for the ac130 (check the changelogs) if this is still an issue please let us know what mods you were running

On 9/25/2020 at 5:19 AM, Lala14 said:

this should have been fixed in the latest update for the ac130 (check the changelogs) if this is still an issue please let us know what mods you were running

It's working, we were using the previous version of the mod on our last mission. Now, there is no more issue regarding that.

Thank you for this nice addition in the mod.

• Thanks 1

You guys are doing some great job with ac130! The sound! the sound of impacting munitions!!! As a tanoan rebel who just getting bombarded by that thing, it indeed make very scary sounds all over the surrounding area with every impact. The epitome of psychological warfare at it's peak, much much more effective than A10 brrrrrttt imho(that's as someone we had got bombarded by both during tanoan crisis)

Is there some documentation regarding the procedure of firing the AGM-65K? I've just been flying the A-10C and the AG IIR has me stumped as it doesnt respond to laser guidance. Does the weapon require a GPS guidance?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, Rawshark said:

Is there some documentation regarding the procedure of firing the AGM-65K? I've just been flying the A-10C and the AG IIR has me stumped as it doesnt respond to laser guidance. Does the weapon require a GPS guidance?

It operates the same way as the AGM-65D. The target needs to have some sort of IR heat generated (essentially have their engine on for a little over 10 seconds).

Is there any way of changing the liveries of the C-17 as I noticed they are still packaged inside the mod?

Hello guys and thank you for the amazing content you are providing! Your mods are definitely among my most favorites.

I've provided CAS with your F-35 and A-10 for a while and I noticed that the targeting camera is often having a hard time maintaing a point lock. It seems to get worse the faster you fly, sometimes it even loses track of a target completely and starts watching in the entirely wrong direction. This makes using laser-guided weapons quite unreliable sometimes and as much as I love flying your planes, this feels really unpredictable and makes it quite annyoing after some time.

I wanted to know if this is intentional/somewhat realistic behaviour or more a bug you are going to fix?

I also noticed that you hear a cracking noise in the cockpit of the A-10 for every bullet you shoot with the GAU-8. It sounds exactly like when you're taking shots.

This is not the case when shooting with the Wipeout, the RHS A-10 or the Firewill A-10, so I guess that there is a problem with the muzzle of your model? It might just be a few inches too close to the pilot seat.

Apart from that, I also wanted to suggest that you could add a HMD to the A-10 and the F-22 as well. As far as I know, they both use a Scorpion system in real life, which provides some basic information.
First, it would make the TGT pod head tracking of the A-10 a lot easier if you actually had some kind of crosshairs. Second, I feel like your F-22 is quite inferior in dog fights, compared to your own F-35 or other fighter mods, because you always have to line up with your target in order to get a lock on it.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Had a fun little mission with friends single manning the AC-130 in support of a 10 man ground team. Lots of fun.

(obviously some post processing on the ac-130 to make it look even more real than it already does)

• Like 3

Hey Fuller, i noticed youre missing the Lesh Towing mod configs. It was there in the old USAF mod, (2015) i even found an old comment of yours saying it was made compatible back in 2015! Are you planning on adding them back?

On 1/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, phantom_wolf said:

Hey Fuller, i noticed youre missing the Lesh Towing mod configs. It was there in the old USAF mod, (2015) i even found an old comment of yours saying it was made compatible back in 2015! Are you planning on adding them back?

Yes

• Like 1

Hey guys, our next major update, v1.0.6.2, is now public and we're excited to announce a major change along with it.

You will notice that you have not received this update automatically, since with it we are transitioning to a new team workshop account! However no dependent content such as missions should break - ingame classes and paths have not been changed. We're making this change exclusively for the purposes of streamlining our release pipeline.

The current workshop items will remain in place indefinitely to allow communities to transition smoothly, but they will not be supported or updated further.

Note for server admins: We've taken this opportunity to simplify the modfolder names to make your lives a little easier:

@USAF_Main
@USAF_Fighter
@USAF_Utility

We are aware this transition will cause some inconvenience on the front end, but we are confident that the long term benefits, namely automation of releases, will be worth it for both the community and the mod team.

Subscribe to the new collection here: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2397379807

v1.0.6.2 Changelog: https://github.com/Fullerpj/United-States-Air-Force-Mod/wiki/v1.0.6.2-Changelog

We want to thank you guys for your continued support - it's what keeps us going. We look forward to 2021 being the best year yet in Arma aviation!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2